1008 users online (186 members and 822 guests)  

Websleuths News

Temptations singer Ali-Ollie Woodson dies at 58

DETROIT – Ali-Ollie Woodson, who led the legendary Motown quintet The Temptations in the 1980s and '90s and helped restore them to their hit-making glory with songs including "Treat Her Like A Lady," has died, a friend said. He was 58.

Woodson died Sunday in southern California after battling cancer, Motown Alumni Association President Billy Wilson said. Wilson said Woodson's wife, Juanita, told him about the death Sunday.

Woodson was not an original member of the group, which had several lineup changes since it started in the 1960s. But he played an integral part in keeping the Temptations from becoming just nostalgia act.

Much more at link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/...s_obit_woodson

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    I'm sorry to hear of Mr. Woodson's death. I pray for his family. This must be the third person in something like four days (Gary Coleman and Denis Hopper).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    DETROIT – Ali-Ollie Woodson, who led the legendary Motown quintet The Temptations in the 1980s and '90s and helped restore them to their hit-making glory with songs including "Treat Her Like A Lady," has died, a friend said. He was 58.

{snip}

But he played an integral part in keeping the Temptations from becoming just nostalgia act.
    Bless him.

I'm a huge Temptations fan and appreciate any and all efforts to keep alive the original group's name after all these years.

R.I.P. Ali-Ollie
    Temptations4Ever!

Last edited by KateB; 06-11-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: repair url tag.