1353 users online (245 members and 1108 guests)  

Websleuths News

RIP-Ted Koppel's Son Dies After Drinking Binge

The son of legendary TV newsman Ted Koppel was found dead in a Washington Heights apartment under mysterious circumstances Monday morning after a daylong drinking binge with a man he had just met in a Midtown bar, law-enforcement sources told the New York Post.

More at link:
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...est=latestnews

How truely sad,,,,,,
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

How sad for his family and I found the article to be cruel the way it was written.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

May he RIP.

Prayers to the family at this difficult time.

Sincerely,
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    How sad for his family and I found the article to be cruel the way it was written.

VB
    I did too. Wonder why? Why is it not written in the tone of nobody is immune? Why not list his accomplishments? I never did figure out the ---- word....

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post

VB
    That article was a reprint from the birdcage liner known as the NY Post. Enough said.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

I find it strange that the woman who lives in the apartment would hang around for hours in the middle of the night with someone Koppel had just met that day and who she had supposedly just met minutes before.

ETA Okay, I misunderstood. The woman was a friend of the other guy. (Earlier reports said that she had "drank with Koppel" before, but most now say she was Wimberley's roommate.)
    The two eventually wound up at the apartment, which belonged a friend of the drinking buddy, the official said. They told Koppel to sleep it off and later found that he had gotten sick and appeared not to be breathing, Wimberly told the Post. The two said they called 911. http://www.wtop.com/?nid=114&sid=1970032
    I'm still suspicious of these two, though. I find their remarks to the press very strange under the circumstances.
    Last edited by STEADFAST; 06-01-2010 at 10:44 AM.

wow, I read a different article than the one posted and couldn't understand why anyone would think it was disrespectful. THEN I read the article posted. Yes, it was disrespectful and so unnecessary to report everything that happened with this man.

I didn't think the two people he was with when he died sound suspicious though.

RIP Andrew Koppel. My prayers go out to his loved ones.

How awful for all involved. This could happen to anyone who has had an extreme amount to drink. If you put someone to bed that has passed out from drinking, at least prop them on their side. It might not save them, but it is better than nothing. (Not saying they didn't. I know someone who died this way, and it just seems such a horrible waste.)