2010.06.01 - Casey Suffers Fall at Courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she eventually make it to court?

I feel for Casey with regards to falling out of the van and getting injured. Casey had no way of blocking the fall and the officers should have been more aware of her chains to prevent this fall.

So she chipped a tooth. I believe the state pays for all inmates medical care and I think that would include dental? I don't feel bad for her either way. It's not like it's a life-threatening injury. She'll live.

This thread was closed due to snarky comments. The comments have been removed.

Posts are to be CONSTRUCTIVE and for updating the issue of KC falling down on her way to court. This is not a karma thread. This is not a wishful thinking thread. This is a fact thread on what happened when KC fell and any news that comes out about her injuries.

So she chipped a tooth. I believe the state pays for all inmates medical care and I think that would include dental? I don't feel bad for her either way. It's not like it's a life-threatening injury. She'll live.

But I wonder if that would be considered cosmetic and not covered?

Any case history on inmates being injured, then suing the correctional facility?
Might save the A house from foreclosure.

Did she eventually make it to court?

No, Cheney Mason waived her right to appear at the hearing.

Casey A No-Show At Court Hearing After Falling, attorney Cheney Mason waived her right to appear at the hearing.
"Snip"

Updated: 4:58 pm EDT June 1, 2010

Casey Anthony wasn't present in court for a hearing in the murder case after falling at the courthouse.
Full Story ›› http://www.wftv.com/news/23752570/detail.html

SLIDESHOW: Images From Inside Courtroom http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/23757351/detail.html

COURT HEARING:
Part 1 http://www.wftv.com/video/23758629/index.html

Part 2 http://www.wftv.com/video/23758968/index.html

Part 3 http://www.wftv.com/video/23759282/index.html

The first major hearing in the case against Casey that she did not attend. Ironically, it was after she requested that she not be forced to go to court.

The judge has already told Casey she's required to attend all of her court hearings, but the judge went on with the hearing without her after her fall.

Casey's defense team got shot down on every argument except for the request to keep her jail visitation logs sealed.
The judge expects to rule on that next week.

The judge did not override the previous rulings by Judge Stan Strickland.

To keep sealed a secret recording of a defense interview with a TES volunteer who claimed he searched the spot where Caylee's remains were later found and found nothing months earlier.

To keep sealed Casey's father's grand jury testimony that helped get Casey indicted for murder.

Judge Perry diplomatically told the defense to get moving already with its work on the case.

The defense would not tell WFTV where Casey was being treated and would not give us any specifics of her injuries, but her mother, Cindy, stayed in court for the hearing.

George Anthony, was not in court for the second hearing in a row.

I have a question, more than a comment -

I noticed several people speculating on today's hearing thread that the reason GA wasn't in court today was because he may have accompanied KC to the infirmary after her fall. I am pretty sure that GA would not be allowed to do that. Does anyone know different?

Any case history on inmates being injured, then suing the correctional facility?
Might save the A house from foreclosure.

That was what I was thinking. I bet they have Conway working on that right now.

Apparently she chipped a tooth and busted her lip, according to Caylee Daily. I do have to say, chipping a tooth is painful. I've done that, and it is NOT fun at all. I wonder if she had to get stitches for the busted lip too. I don't feel all that sorry for her, but I bet this is the first time she's had some real pain in her life in a long time. I hope they have good pain meds to give her because she'll probably need them.

I also hope she doesn't start becoming clumsy at every hearing from now on. Today might have been accident, but if she does it again that is suspicious, and a really painful way to get out of going to hearings.

I wonder did she fall on purpose so she would not have to go to court? You know she knows it is going to start getting rough for her to be there. I also think they will pay for her dental if she chipped a tooth.

I feel bad for KC getting hurt. It could have just been a misstep - can't be easy to walk in shackles. Regardless, KC still is a human being, and I don't like to see anyone get hurt.

I doubt they would provide any cosmetic dentistry, but they probably would, in some way take care of any damage to an exposed nerve or more extensive damage.

I am not trying to be snarky, forgive me if I come across that way....
The first thing that came to mind when I heard she fell was oh no, she either fell on purpose so that she didn't have to come to court since the Judge said she had to be present at all hearings or she fell to try and get some money.

Now, that is just what I thought...it was said to be an accident and they do happen. From what I understand her medical and dental are covered, however a chipped tooth would be cosmetic and I would assume that she would try and sue to get the state to pay for that tooth. JMO though.
Or Cindy ~Someone will get her the money to fix it, but I wonder if they have the type of instruments and facility to fix a chip tooth in jail? I thought they pull teeth and fill them..kind of like preventive care. I could be wrong though.

I wonder did she fall on purpose so she would not have to go to court? You know she knows it is going to start getting rough for her to be there. I also think they will pay for her dental if she chipped a tooth.

I don't think so because I can't imagine she would fake fall onto her face. Any other part of her body, probably, but not her face. I think she's too vain to let something happen to her face on purpose. Wouldn't want to give everyone something obvious to talk about. I think it really was an accident, or at least I'll hold off judgment until I see what happens next hearing.

It will be interesting to see if CA and GA visit ICA now that she has fallen and sustained an injury. They would not have to talk about the case. Just see their daughter and bring her some comfort.

I do not think ICA can sue. It appears to be an accident and if you look back in the infamous jailhouse letters, ICA talks about several stumbles/falls and states she is clumsy.

I would hope that all inmates are entitled for dental and medical care considering how much the tax payers fork over. At least you know a snipet of where your money is going. It appears to be an accident but the rest "I'll shall take under advisement." Isn't that what the attorneys say?

I REFUSE to feel sorry for someone who killed their own child.
The rest I can't say because I'd be banned if I did.

I am not trying to be snarky, forgive me if I come across that way....
The first thing that came to mind when I heard she fell was oh no, she either fell on purpose so that she didn't have to come to court since the Judge said she had to be present at all hearings or she fell to try and get some money.

Now, that is just what I thought...it was said to be an accident and they do happen. From what I understand her medical and dental are covered, however a chipped tooth would be cosmetic and I would assume that she would try and sue to get the state to pay for that tooth. JMO though.
Or Cindy ~Someone will get her the money to fix it, but I wonder if they have the type of instruments and facility to fix a chip tooth in jail? I thought they pull teeth and fill them..kind of like preventive care. I could be wrong though.

They will probably slap some bonding goop on the missing piece area, form her tooth shape back and call it a day.

Crowns, because they are expensive, are usually reserved for major breaks or root canals, not 'chips'.

She'll survive.

I fall a lot and I don't wear shackles I'm just a klutz.
I don't feel sorry for KC. She left her daughters body in a swampy wooded area close to home. Except for one, Caylee's teeth were found one by one along with her little bones in dirt and God knows what else.
Nope don't feel sorry for her at all.

She was in custody at the time of the accident they have insurance for this type thing just like if someone gets injured at your home. They will cover it and she will be fine, unless she tries to make her injuries worse than they are by saying that she now has amnesia or something, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123