Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2010.06.01 - Casey Suffers Fall at Courthouse

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    As of today, there are no dates for a hearing except for the June 21, 2010 "status" hearing where Casey is not required to attend.
    06/01/2010 . . . . . . Notice of Hearing 6/17/2010 @ 2:00 PM
    http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com Case No. 2008-CF-015606-A-O

What was the discussion about a June 17th Hearing in yesterday's Hearing??
    Baez brought up a June 17th Hearing time ....
    Judge Perry said that he would be in Osceola County on June 17th.
    Baez said he was unavailable the next week and would not be at the June 21st Status Hearing.
    Judge P told State and Defense to get together and come up with another date that works for both sides and his own calendar.

When was a Hearing set for June 17th? What was the Hearing for?
    I'm sure the Clerk will post a Notice of Cancellation of the June 17th Hearing soon.
    We have to wait and see when this June 17th Hearing is rescheduled for .....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    for that videos release :Jumpie:

Sorry, I can't seem to help myself today.
    Camera Captures Casey Anthony's Fall
    Video Of Fall Likely To Be Released On Wednesday

Authorities in Orange County confirmed on Wednesday that a video camera captured the fall suffered by Casey Anthony before her hearing on Tuesday.

Orange County Communications Manager Steve Triggs said he has viewed the video taken from an overhead camera in the elevator where the fall happened.

Triggs said it appeared one of Anthony's leg chains became entangled in the opening between the elevator and elevator door, causing her to fall forward.

Triggs said it doesn't currently appear there were any security issues arising from the incident.

Triggs said the video would likely be released to the public on Wednesday afternoon.
    http://www.wesh.com/news/23768438/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    No, I can't see any way/reason she would have "faked" a fall on her face while shackled.
    Self injury is very common among inmates and happens for numerous reasons. KC has been very adamant about wanting to wave her court appearances.

Self injury is listed in the (DSM-IV-TR) and one of it's "causes" is anxiety.
    I would say going to court on a death pental case would be very taxing on an individual. So it's entirely possible KC could or would fake an injury to skip court proceedings.

I personally don't think KC did it on purpose though. That being said I also think it's a bit far fetched to think this was a conspiracy by the guards to allow KC to fall.

To me this was an accident plain and simple. People fall all the time it happens. I really just wanted to address the fact that self injury to avoid stressful situations does happen.

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to marspiter For This Useful Post:

for that videos release :Jumpie:

Sorry, I can't seem to help myself today.
    Me either, cant wait for the video!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truckengirl For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    I dont want to see a video of her falling. I mean, really.

I am completely puzzled how she got her chains tangled, however. These are not long clanking Jacob Marley chains, right? I mean LaLaw2000 has me convinced that this is a very tough thing to do.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

LaLaw2000 convinced me as well, that she couldn't have just tripped herself, unless she stood on the chains. But that doesn't dismiss the possibility of the chains getting caught on something. And it Sounds like one of the links or something, got caught in the crack between the elevator and the door.
    Just my opinion.....
    Finally found a reason for the Ignore feature!

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spangle For This Useful Post:

I have been googling leg restraints and shackles trying to get a better idea, and well uh, can't link any of the sites that I found. Gulp, lol.

LaLaw2000, can you give us a picture of what the shackles look like?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

*snickering*

Sorry, but I'm with Aedrys on this one. I am an empath and usually have no problem finding some iota of sympathy and compassion for anyone, despite their faults. My gramma and mom taught me to seek out the good in everyone, and usually I can find SOMETHING. But with ICA, I just cannot muster even the tiniest morsel. Maybe because I genuinely believe with all my heart ICA is a sociopath and completely incapable of empathy herself, I just cannot find any for her.

I wish I could see the fall on a video loop, over and over, speeding it up, slowing it down. I know this dark humored side of me is not terribly attractive and not one of my favorite qualities, but hey. It is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    This thread was closed due to snarky comments. The comments have been removed.

Posts are to be CONSTRUCTIVE and for updating the issue of KC falling down on her way to court. This is not a karma thread. This is not a wishful thinking thread. This is a fact thread on what happened when KC fell and any news that comes out about her injuries.
    I've got a question--what happened to this? (above--my bold)

I've just read several pages of "karma" comments, "I don't feel sorry for her" comments and the like. Looks like the thread was closed due to snarky remarks, reopened, but then the snarky remarks continued?

I'm not a KC fan, but I have never understood the value of post after post about how much she is hated. We can all agree that she has earned people's hatred. Just what is gained by beating a dead horse about it. You hate her, ok already. I appreciate the posts from people who know something about dentistry in jails and shackles in jails..and others who might have something constructive to write. I've never understood the value of going over and over how much she is hated. I think it would be wrong to want to watch her fall over and over in replay. And I don't think that is a constructive comment.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to affinity For This Useful Post:

I can see the chain getting stuck in the groove(s) plate on the bottom of the elevator door. I have already caught my heel of my shoe in this groove while exiting an elevator. Heck, I have already caught my pants pocket on a lower cabinet door and went flying.

Accidents do happen in life.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I have been googling leg restraints and shackles trying to get a better idea, and well uh, can't link any of the sites that I found. Gulp, lol.

LaLaw2000, can you give us a picture of what the shackles look like?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:

If anyone wants to get an idea what it is like to have your ankles in a restraints, tie a rope around your ankles, or a dogs leash and try and walk around with them on. Keep the slack between ankles around 18 inches. I do not know the exact distance/length of the restraints.
    Last edited by Patty G; 06-02-2010 at 01:35 PM.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Nana46 View Post
    I hope this is ok to post...just heard B. Conway on Insessions say that Cindy A. had a nervous feeling prior to court yesterday...kinda mother's intuition kind of thing......and then she heard about KC falling....it is really sad that intuition could not have come into play while precious Caylee was missing at least at an earlier time. IMO.
    I heard about that too...please. KC claimed over and over that mothers have a bond where they can feel if their child is OK and her "gut" always told her Caylee was ok. She talks about it in the jailhouse videos...she psychically knew Caylee was close to hom(p?)e. She had a gut feeling blah blah. She goes on about it when she was arrested for murder...how they have a connection and she still feels the connection. She says at one point that her mom was the same way. I often wondered if CMA is a true sociopath and assumes that she is supposed to have this psychic link with her kid since she doesn't have real feelings (if she is a sociopath).

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

NO MORE SNARK! This thread is to update information about the fall and possible injuries and that is all. Period. End of story.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    TY Affinity, duly noted and deleted. Sometimes even good people have snarky days.
    A MOO MOO here, a MOO MOO there, here a MOO, there a MOO, everywhere a MOO MOO

Giving blogging a stab. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

I don't know if I would want to see the video either. Sounds like a brutal fall. Maybe if others report something interesting or suspicious...and then only through my fingers like I do in a scary movie.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

I want to see the fall video as a fact gathering resource.
    In case the A's or anyone tries to say that something different happened, than what actually happened.
    We can see with our own eyes what actually happened.
    We can decide for ourselves if we think anyone has any blame, or if it was just an unforeseeable accident.
    I want to see the extent of her injuries (so they will not be played up by a Defense team or parents).

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Camera Captures Casey Anthony's Fall
    Video Of Fall Likely To Be Released On Wednesday

Authorities in Orange County confirmed on Wednesday that a video camera captured the fall suffered by Casey Anthony before her hearing on Tuesday.

Orange County Communications Manager Steve Triggs said he has viewed the video taken from an overhead camera in the elevator where the fall happened.

Triggs said it appeared one of Anthony's leg chains became entangled in the opening between the elevator and elevator door, causing her to fall forward.

Triggs said it doesn't currently appear there were any security issues arising from the incident.

Triggs said the video would likely be released to the public on Wednesday afternoon.
    http://www.wesh.com/news/23768438/detail.html
    Thanks for the info.

I don't care one way or the other if they release it to the media. The people who don't want to watch can simply change the channel. I'm just glad they got it on video in order to protect the guards from possible accusations of wrongdoing by the A family.

IMO

32. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jon_burrows For This Useful Post:

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:

I only have one thing to say about this, "Oops!"

36. The Following User Says Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
    I want to see the fall video as a fact gathering resource.
    In case the A's or anyone tries to say that something different happened, than what actually happened.
    We can see with our own eyes what actually happened.
    We can decide for ourselves if we think anyone has any blame, or if it was just an unforeseeable accident.
    I want to see the extent of her injuries (so they will not be played up by a Defense team or parents).

Exactly! I am glad there is a tape of this incident so it can not be misinterpreted.

ETA If the guards were negligent in prisoner care, I am sure that will be handled by the proper authorities. Either way, this tape will be proof. No one else needs to be victimized because KC had an accident.
    Last edited by Paintr; 06-02-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: ETA
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

Thank you!!!! OK-they seem pretty taut to me. Hmmmm.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

AH HA-there is slack. NOW I get it. Thank you again!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Raising my hand to admit that I once caught my heel in an elevator door 'track' at a department store and executed a glorious wipe-out/supertumble onto the 3rd floor Housewares department. I was able to break the fall somewhat with with arms and just had a few bruises, but my super-graceful moment was witnessed by plenty of folks. My husband just loves to remind me about it (lol) by saying, "Are you sure you were in a professional ballet company??!!" LOLOL. In all seriousness, I think I would die of embarassment if my incident was released on tape!

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RainyGirl For This Useful Post:

It's interesting that someone wasn't walking directly in front of KC on the way into court. That way, should she fall forward, she would have fallen into the person's back in front of her and KC would never have hit the pavement.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast