Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I wish we had a corrections officer who could help us understand what happens when an inmate chips a tooth? How much dental work are they provided?
    I'd like to hear, too. I hope they get excellent care (I would expect they do). Mercy and ethics are what set us apart from criminals after all. When we imprison a person we become ethically responsible for their safety and care, regardless their crime.

(Of course Casey Anthony could be innocent, and is presumed innocent.)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seagull65 For This Useful Post:

I think that this will have a huge impact on Casey. Even more than her appearance or pain, I think it may make her realize what a vulnerable position she is in ~ It might just be the wake-up call she needs.
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    Is there any definitive word on how the accident happend? I watched WFTV news at 5 pm and I swear I heard the reporter say it happened in the 'elevator'! I can't find any other reference to the elevator anywhere. Now, I am local and know that WFTV has a bad habit of mis-reporting things or getting them flat out wrong - so this particular version may never surface again So now I am wondering what actually happened and where did it happen.

Did anyone else happen to catch WFTV news at 5 pm and hear the same thing I did or am I losing my mind? - wait don't answer that question, I don't want to know the answer to it
    Very very interesting information. Thanks. I kind of knew that as an outsider, but to hear it from a local means a lot. thanks

ps hope Kc is okay.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to notthatsmart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    I feel for Casey with regards to falling out of the van and getting injured. Casey had no way of blocking the fall and the officers should have been more aware of her chains to prevent this fall.
    lol i WONDER which of these stories is true, coming out of elevator, getting out of bus, falling and cutting chin, lip and teeth? the article above says lip and chipped tooth and the guards caught her before she fell....good job!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bathbuddys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I don't think she faked it, but I can see why some people would question it. I mean she faked a seizure, lied about her father's fake stroke, lied about "Zanny's" fake care accident... add to the list as you wish.

It's no one but Casey's fault that anyone would question whether or not she faked the fall and it didn't go the way she planned. It is what it is.

She's not severely hurt. She'll live.
    I haven't seen any medical info indicating her seizures were fake, did I miss something? I haven't seen any medical diagnosis yet regarding the nature or cause of her seizures, Please share

Why would she "fake" a seizure in front of Jesse G back in the day, for example? I would think just the opposite, that a young woman her age would be more likely to be embarrassed about having had a seizure in front of her boyfriend.

Nor do I think she'd throw herself on her face with her hands shackled. Can't see how she would gain anything from doing that, she would only risk getting hurt and damaging her looks IMO

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to seagull65 For This Useful Post:

When you look back and see what happens to every single person who has ever tried to help the A family, they get burned. I wonder if the guards stood still and didn't touch her for fear of being blamed for pushing her or somehow causing the fall.

Compared to what Caylee went through, this is nothing.

IMO

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jon_burrows For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    Nothing funny about a person in shackles falling and hitting their face or teeth, that's for sure. Hope it wasn't anything more serious than a chipped tooth but that's certainly bad enough. Falling shackled with no hands to break your fall is a heavy fall and obviously very dangerous to your head, neck, arms, back, every part of you. Would her hands have been cuffed in front I hope and not in back? But maybe still cuffed to her waist though so not able to put her arms out at all?

A patient (and friend) of my dad's slipped on ice a couple years ago and came in to his office about a chipped tooth, my dad discovered her jaw was actually broken, she didn't know it.

Shhh! JB might hear you!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bathbuddys View Post
    lol i WONDER which of these stories is true, coming out of elevator, getting out of bus, falling and cutting chin, lip and teeth? the article above says lip and chipped tooth and the guards caught her before she fell....good job!
    I wonder too. Falling getting out of an elevator would be bad enough, but falling from a vehicle to a curb or something could be that much worse

If they caught her before she fell I don't see how she would have a split lip or chipped tooth

Maybe clearer details will be released tomorrow

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seagull65 For This Useful Post:

She sure is a clumsy thing in shackles. Remember when she tripped in court? I believe every word of "it was an accident", she's so concentrated on her every move, it doesn't surprise me a bit.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MD MOMMY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    I haven't seen any medical info indicating her seizures were fake, did I miss something? I haven't seen any medical diagnosis yet regarding the nature or cause of her seizures, Please share

Why would she "fake" a seizure in front of Jesse G back in the day, for example? I would think just the opposite, that a young woman her age would be more likely to be embarrassed about having had a seizure in front of her boyfriend.

Nor do I think she'd throw herself on her face with her hands shackled. Can't see how she would gain anything from doing that, she would only risk getting hurt and damaging her looks IMO
    What was weird about the stroke thing is that she text so early in the morning around 6, not normal? I used to have family members (they died) that did not let anyone to know about their health issues and that it was no ones business. They would not have admitted to anything like that. MOO

Seems like it did happen inside the courthouse.....

Casey Anthony slipped and fell in an elevator at the Orange County Courthouse on her way to a hearing.

A jail spokesman described the injuries as minor, but as a result, she was not in court when Judge Belvin Perry Jr. denied a slew defense motion.
    http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/06/ju...motions-i.html

A spokesman with the Orange County Jail said she got tripped up in her shackles and fell while in the courthouse.
    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...nst_casey.html

ETA: KB is also saying that it happened while she was getting out of the elevator at the courthouse.

http://www.wftv.com/video/23758629/index.html

When JB was asked how serious it was, he says: "Serious enough to get medical attention".
    Last edited by butwhatif?; 06-01-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: add

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    When you look back and see what happens to every single person who has ever tried to help the A family, they get burned. I wonder if the guards stood still and didn't touch her for fear of being blamed for pushing her or somehow causing the fall.

Compared to what Caylee went through, this is nothing.

IMO
    I would think guards receive very specific directions and training about handling inmates while shackled to prevent falls, they know they have to prevent a fall, it's such a liability/responsibility. I would think they'd be horrified if they didn't manage to catch the person they were transporting before they got hurt. But I don't know for sure what the training and procedures are, etc

I don't understand comparing what Caylee went through to an injury to Casey. Casey could be innocent for one thing.....

Also, we don't know what Caylee went through.
    Last edited by JBean; 06-02-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: removed OT

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seagull65 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    Me either. Unless the root is involved. I don't know about jailhouse dental practices.
    -----------------------
    I dont know either but I watch MSNBC prison programs and have seen many without teeth.If it is a break where she could cut her mouth from it,they may repair it.
    When my son was in intensive care they brought in a prisoner with chest pains.Joe was in a coma so never knew,the prisoner was chained to the bed and had a 24 hr. guard posted
    My Great Grandson~

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    I think that this will have a huge impact on Casey. Even more than her appearance or pain, I think it may make her realize what a vulnerable position she is in ~ It might just be the wake-up call she needs.
    That is an interesting thought. I've often wondered what could make her "snap out of" her haze/daze. For example, have the defense confronted her at all, how much have they shown her, have they shown her photos (do they even have remains photos for example, if so, have they shown them to Casey? Has she been confronted with the reality yet of what happened?) I have had the feeling all along that if she were confronted enough, she might finally be able to snap out of her la-la land. Fingers crossed. Maybe this literally jarring fall or whatever happened could be a wake up call like you say

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seagull65 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    -----------------------
    I dont know either but I watch MSNBC prison programs and have seen many without teeth.If it is a break where she could cut her mouth from it,they may repair it.
    When my son was in intensive care they brought in a prisoner with chest pains.Joe was in a coma so never knew,the prisoner was chained to the bed and had a 24 hr. guard posted
    I'm so sorry to hear about your son.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seagull65 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast