Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 132
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,042

    2010.06.01 - Defense Motion for Tips

    Just out of the hearing and I have to say that the motion regarding JB's request for the nearly 5,000 tips was very interesting!

    He claimed that LE was trickling tips to him at KC's expense and selectively giving whatever they felt like.

    He first claimed that LE decided to only give the psychic tips and then others but made him pay 1,000 and then another 600.00 for the other tips.

    SA claimed that they had copied all of them and left them available for the defense to pick up as soon as they paid the costs equalling 1,500.00.

    What is the truth here?

    Do you think the HHBPJ is onto JB. He seemed to say (in my words)...so just go get them...she is indigent now and it is all free! I authorise 2,000 for that expense!

    Would love to hear what you all think of this?
    It's the journey, not the destination.


  2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    The defense is wanting the tips brought to them and paid for by someone else. HHJP told them, NO, go them yourself and pay out of your own pocket to be reimbursed by the state!

    I do NOT understand why the defense can't do simple things like pay for things, and pick up things. What kind of court is Baez used to practicing in? Clown court? Doitallforme court? I can't believe he passed law school, much less the bar!

    It seems like the entire defense just keeps on sinking itself! I mean how are they going to put together a good argument when they can't get off of their lazy butts to get the material they need to do that? It's like they're just going to run around in circles until they get tired and just ask for a plea deal. Sheesh.



  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,422
    It is the norm for the party requesting documents such as these to pay for the copying costs. This is true for almost all civil & criminal trials that I have worked on. Even when we need something from the court's file, its costs $$ to copy them, and more $ to certify them. If you want a transcript of the court hearing, you have to pay the court steno separately. If we want copies of medical records for example, that opposing has obtained....we pay for the copying costs. And its customary and very normal practice to go and review docs, flag the ones you want...and pay for the copying costs!

    Bottom line here is that if defense wanted ALL the tips, and SA or LE went through the effort of gathering and copying all, damn straight its expected the defense is to pay for them. JB waited, purposely IMO, to get these records until after ICA was declared indigent...he's just playing stupid at this game. He knows damn well he would get these for free after that. And from being on both sides of the aisle in cases....no one is going to do your job for you, nor serve it to you on a silver platter. You want something, you do the work...that's the way it is in the legal world.



  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,042
    Aedrys,

    You asked what kind of court JB is used to filing in and it was rather funny that when defense was arguing the Oakridge Lab issue. HHBPJ mentioned that he was concerned that this was the type of motion usually seen in a civil court...Maybe Baez has the wrong Courtroom for Idiots book...He should have bought the criminal one instead of the civil one

    Of course that one cost more than

    jmho
    It's the journey, not the destination.


  6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over Yonder
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsg2002 View Post
    It is the norm for the party requesting documents such as these to pay for the copying costs. This is true for almost all civil & criminal trials that I have worked on. Even when we need something from the court's file, its costs $$ to copy them, and more $ to certify them. If you want a transcript of the court hearing, you have to pay the court steno separately. If we want copies of medical records for example, that opposing has obtained....we pay for the copying costs. And its customary and very normal practice to go and review docs, flag the ones you want...and pay for the copying costs!

    Bottom line here is that if defense wanted ALL the tips, and SA or LE went through the effort of gathering and copying all, damn straight its expected the defense is to pay for them. JB waited, purposely IMO, to get these records until after ICA was declared indigent...he's just playing stupid at this game. He knows damn well he would get these for free after that. And from being on both sides of the aisle in cases....no one is going to do your job for you, nor serve it to you on a silver platter. You want something, you do the work...that's the way it is in the legal world.
    I completely agree with this. That's also why JB is putting up such a fuss over the TES records. JB has shown us a track record for doing little to no work on this case as well as not spending money wisely. These tips he is requesting should not even be an issue at this point. The defense should have gone, paid for, and collected these things a long time ago. They dragged their feet plain and simple in an effort to get the Florida tax payers to pay for it.


  8. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to marspiter For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,223
    The state did bring up at one point that JB staff did go in to try and go through the tips to see what they wanted one time but never returned (implied it was so they didn't have to pay for everything). If I recall correctly then JB corrected her and said they went back to look again... once .. but never got anything

    As everything is prepared and ready to go, I tend to believe the state on this issue.

    As far as emails go.... I think JB knows darn good and well he should be asking for those in a seperate request (which he did and that is how he got them IMO). To bring them up in this context just gave the impression (once again) he was trying to slip some digs in re: the state he shouldn't have been.

    MOO


  10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to eaglemom For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,083
    Why would anyone want a copy of all the tips? Is he checking to see if LE checked out the tips or just focused on Casey from the start? How will they know what tips were followed up on and what ones weren't? It seems to me that getting the tips is a waste of money.


  12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,618
    IMO, it's just a great big fishing expedition. They're looking for someone (anyone) else to pin the blame on. They got nothin'.

    I honestly don't know where they get this idea that everything needs to be spoon fed to them. Boggles my mind.


  14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Why would anyone want a copy of all the tips? Is he checking to see if LE checked out the tips or just focused on Casey from the start? How will they know what tips were followed up on and what ones weren't? It seems to me that getting the tips is a waste of money.
    ...and the thing is...IIRC...the As had gotten a lot of the same tips. I've seen countless pages of tips (poor Officer White) that were odd...how does one differentiate when 99.9% of all the tips led nowhere? I wish more weight had been given to RK's tips (hindsight and all that), but the truth is the majority of tips were hooey.


  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Why would anyone want a copy of all the tips? Is he checking to see if LE checked out the tips or just focused on Casey from the start? How will they know what tips were followed up on and what ones weren't? It seems to me that getting the tips is a waste of money.
    Hi, Bobbisangel, I think that it's a predictable strategy that fortunately won't work in this case: You argue from your opening statement that LE fixated on Casey from the first day and ignored a bushel of other tips. The lawyer of nearly every family member every arrested for murder has made this argument.


  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    ...and the thing is...IIRC...the As had gotten a lot of the same tips. I've seen countless pages of tips (poor Officer White) that were odd...how does one differentiate when 99.9% of all the tips led nowhere? I wish more weight had been given to RK's tips (hindsight and all that), but the truth is the majority of tips were hooey.
    BBM-Dominic Casey said the same thing.

    Didn't the state hand over the FBI's follow-ups as far as tips? What exactly are they looking for now? Tip Line only? Calls directly to the PD? Someone at the store tapping Yuri on the shoulder with info.? How about tips called in directly to the Anthony's that CA passed along?
    I am not sure what exactly they are referring to, anyone help me with this?

    My favorite tip is the voicemail left for YMelich by 'anonymous.' Anonymous sure sounds like Cindy, and anonymous says KC could not have acted alone.

    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar...forcement.html

    (See YMelich voicemail from anonymous in the audio listing...LA's VM is very interesting, too)


  20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post
    BBM-Dominic Casey said the same thing.

    Didn't the state hand over the FBI's follow-ups as far as tips? What exactly are they looking for now? Tip Line only? Calls directly to the PD? Someone at the store tapping Yuri on the shoulder with info.? How about tips called in directly to the Anthony's that CA passed along?
    I am not sure what exactly they are referring to, anyone help me with this?

    My favorite tip is the voicemail left for YMelich by 'anonymous.' Anonymous sure sounds like Cindy, and anonymous says KC could not have acted alone.

    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar...forcement.html

    (See YMelich voicemail from anonymous in the audio listing...LA's VM is very interesting, too)
    My favorite...the Golden Retriever...or was it a German Shepherd?


  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    The defense is wanting the tips brought to them and paid for by someone else. HHJP told them, NO, go them yourself and pay out of your own pocket to be reimbursed by the state!

    I do NOT understand why the defense can't do simple things like pay for things, and pick up things. What kind of court is Baez used to practicing in? Clown court? Doitallforme court? I can't believe he passed law school, much less the bar!

    It seems like the entire defense just keeps on sinking itself! I mean how are they going to put together a good argument when they can't get off of their lazy butts to get the material they need to do that? It's like they're just going to run around in circles until they get tired and just ask for a plea deal. Sheesh.

    Some of us are not rich and can not just drop a thousand bucks just like that. I do not expect defense attorneys to use out of pocket money. She is indigent and the Judge wants them to come to him for money. I do not see the problem here. Moo


  24. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Why would anyone want a copy of all the tips? Is he checking to see if LE checked out the tips or just focused on Casey from the start? How will they know what tips were followed up on and what ones weren't? It seems to me that getting the tips is a waste of money.
    Well I guess if we all could have had the Rk tip on August 11th 2008, then perhaps many people would have gone down there and checked it out. Obviously it is better that both sides have the tips. Le may have failed with this tip. Maybe not. But certainly they hope they failed at it and firing Rc was the answer to the problem, but if they would have made those 911 calls public, I believe that the public would have gone down there and checked it out. Furthermore, I do not believe we have seen the last of Rc.

    To see the tips now is very important to know if anyone gave police exculpatory information. Now there must have been a problem getting these public records or it would not be brought up in court. Moo IMO


  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notthatsmart For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    12,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post
    BBM-Dominic Casey said the same thing.

    Didn't the state hand over the FBI's follow-ups as far as tips? What exactly are they looking for now? Tip Line only? Calls directly to the PD? Someone at the store tapping Yuri on the shoulder with info.? How about tips called in directly to the Anthony's that CA passed along?
    I am not sure what exactly they are referring to, anyone help me with this?

    My favorite tip is the voicemail left for YMelich by 'anonymous.' Anonymous sure sounds like Cindy, and anonymous says KC could not have acted alone.

    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar...forcement.html

    (See YMelich voicemail from anonymous in the audio listing...LA's VM is very interesting, too)
    Notice how she says they were in the home with the grandmother from 7 - 9pm .. not for the night, not from 7pm...and yes its def Cindy. So the deception with LE started within the first week. Ridiculous.


  27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Defense May Have To Re-File Motion
    By darnudes in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 07:24 PM
  2. 2010.02.09 New motion filed by defense TES search records
    By belle3 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 384
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •