912 users online (178 members and 734 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Possible to get rid of sound on opening page?

It doesn't seem to serve a purpose, since it's been the same for a very long time. But it does get me busted, time and again, when in blares out and disturbs the people around me!

Just have your speakers turned way down or off before you log in
    Worry looks around, guilt looks back, fear hides it's eyes, but faith and hope hold hands and look up!

Do you call a fly without wings a "walk"?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    It doesn't seem to serve a purpose, since it's been the same for a very long time. But it does get me busted, time and again, when in blares out and disturbs the people around me!
    I know - it bugs me, too. I wish, at least, the video had to be actively switched to "play" since it has been the same video forever.

I have solved this by bookmarking my subscription page, and I just head straight to there.

So many of the websites I visit have music or other sound now that I just leave my computer on mute all the time and turn it up if there is something I would like to hear. I know if you need it to beep or something for work that might not be an option, but it was driving me crazy when I would get up before everyone else and this music would start blaring when I went online.

I also have my WS bookmark on the "User CP" page. It goes right to my subscribed threads.

Just bookmark here, no sound:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/index.php?

If that does not work, on the home page click forums, then bookmark.

You will miss the home page info though, so, if you click back to home, turn speakers down or off.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post

I also have my WS bookmark on the "User CP" page. It goes right to my subscribed threads.
    Great IDEA!
    http://kimmysharinglight.com/

Many people can talk the talk, some people really know how to walk the walk, but it is a rare few who get to dance the dance!

ઇઉ Kimmy aka Cassata

Or, if you google to get here, search for websleuths forum and just bypass the first page an come directly to the forum.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008