2010.06.01 - Personal Experience at the Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amil

Reaction score
I realize the thread on the hearing is closed, but I was there and wanted to post!
When I entered the courthouse, there was Jim Lichtenstein getting his shoes shined. When I was in the lobby of Courtroom 23, CA arrived and gave ole Jim a 3 minute hug. I'd like to know what his interest in the case is, if not a made-for-tv drama in the future. He sat in the same row as CA and her best friend.
Holly Bristow (WESH) arrived a bit later and she sat next to Jim L. as always.

The judge was not late this afternoon. He peeked his head in and saw an empty defense table. He called the court reporter, LDB and the defense into a side door for a while which delayed the start of the hearing.
When CM began his argument regarding the Grand Jury testimony stating how the prosecutor got the transcript and "we want that transcript", JB smirked over and over again trying to get the attention of Ashton. It was childish. I swear, CM said "we want that transcript" about 5 times.
On the argument regarding the tips, the judge kept saying "I gave you the money, I'll give you more, get it moving, get it done, there comes a time when you know what needs done, get it done". Gotta love it!

Thanks for sharing - nice to hear firsthand from someone who attended. There's so many little nuances that the videos don't pick up, or that the reporters don't cover.

Thanks so much for sharing. I always look forward to hearing from those who were there in person! In Session is going to show the entire hearing tomorrow... now I'll be looking to see if I can catch JB smirking!

I have kept wondering why on earth the defense is so hung up on the public not knowing who is visiting KC...could the person he wants kept hidden from the public be the Jim guy? The first thing I thought of was someone talking to her, getting her life story for a movie or book. The lawyers wouldnt want that out there since she is claiming no money. Is that possible? Could they claim "work product" if she is telling her story for a book or movie & telling what happened??

I have kept wondering why on earth the defense is so hung up on the public not knowing who is visiting KC...could the person he wants kept hidden from the public be the Jim guy? The first thing I thought of was someone talking to her, getting her life story for a movie or book. The lawyers wouldnt want that out there since she is claiming no money. Is that possible? Could they claim "work product" if she is telling her story for a book or movie & telling what happened??

That would just ENRAGE me. How could anyone think they could make a buck off of Casey after all this time? And after she's been declared indigent? I really hope that is NOT the case!

Back on topic, I can't wait to hear what more people have to say about the hearing!

That would just ENRAGE me. How could anyone think they could make a buck off of Casey after all this time? And after she's been declared indigent? I really hope that is NOT the case!

Back on topic, I can't wait to hear what more people have to say about the hearing!

It would enrage everyone. I think IF the judge grants the request of the defense, at least the judge should get to see the "list." That would help keep it honest, the judge knowing it really is legit for her defense and not any of their wallets.

This is such a neat, thinking-out-of-the-box explanation! Could it be plausible? Could she legally give these type of interviews before the trial started and there be monetary gain that was allowable? The money could be paid to some third party, I guess. But is this a low enough deed to fly just under all the rules, regs and laws?

LeLe, it fits right in the pattern of everything that has come before. Those surrounding Casey seem to posture themselves more for monetary gain than for really seeking to build a defense. I think you may be on to something!!

If that's what it's all about, I sure pray the kibosh is put on it real quick!

Was there an incident with cindy and gum?....she got caught on camera putting gum in her mouth..I was wondering if she got caught there....
tia

I realize the thread on the hearing is closed, but I was there and wanted to post!
When I entered the courthouse, there was Jim Lichtenstein getting his shoes shined. When I was in the lobby of Courtroom 23, CA arrived and gave ole Jim a 3 minute hug. I'd like to know what his interest in the case is, if not a made-for-tv drama in the future. He sat in the same row as CA and her best friend.
It is obvious that CA has had Botox injected in the upper lip.
The judge was not late this afternoon. He peeked his head in and saw an empty defense table. He called the court reporter, LDB and the defense into a side door for a while which delayed the start of the hearing.
When CM began his argument regarding the Grand Jury testimony stating how the prosecutor got the transcript and "we want that transcript", JB smirked over and over again trying to get the attention of Ashton. It was childish. I swear, CM said "we want that transcript" about 5 times.
On the argument regarding the tips, the judge kept saying "I gave you the money, I'll give you more, get it moving, get it done, there comes a time when you know what needs done, get it done". Gotta love it!

Amil, I'm very thankful that you started this thread and hope you (or anyone else who attends) will always do the same. Your observations in court will always add much and gives us a perspective that can't be gained in any other way. Besides, it always warms my heart to know there were faithful people present for Caylee. Thank you!

Amil, I'm very thankful that you started this thread and hope you (or anyone else who attends) will always do the same. Your observations in court will always add much and gives us a perspective that can't be gained in any other way. Besides, it always warms my heart to know there were faithful people present for Caylee. Thank you!

EU said it for me!

Thank you, Amil! There is nothing like the first-hand, in-person accounts. They are much appreciated! :blowkiss:

It is obvious that CA has had Botox injected in the upper lip.

WOW!!!
:woohoo:

Interesting about Jim - thank you!

While producing news, talk, and reality shows, Jim has taught hundreds of people how to get their message across while being effective interview subjects. Now, as a Co-Founder of J2SC, he brings that experience directly to clients who are preparing to face the glare of TV lights.

http://www.j2sc.com/jiml.htm

Did anyone say where Casey was today?

Thanks for the great behind the scenes tid-bits.

Mel

Was there an incident with cindy and gum?....she got caught on camera putting gum in her mouth..I was wondering if she got caught there....
tia
The guard came over to the "prosecution side" and made a woman leave briefly. My thought was it was a gum chewing incident. Cindy continued chewing the whole hearing and the guard didn't pay her any attention. They are gum-nazis with everyone else.

This is such a neat, thinking-out-of-the-box explanation! Could it be plausible? Could she legally give these type of interviews before the trial started and there be monetary gain that was allowable? The money could be paid to some third party, I guess. But is this a low enough deed to fly just under all the rules, regs and laws?

LeLe, it fits right in the pattern of everything that has come before. Those surrounding Casey seem to posture themselves more for monetary gain than for really seeking to build a defense. I think you may be on to something!!

Knowing what business Jim is in I would expect him to profit from his attendance. He doesn't keep a laptop or notebook with him. All the other reporters have their cell phones on (for recording?), their laptops clicking and their pens to paper - everyone but Jim.
Could he put money in the Caylee Foundation fund? Who's checking that account? Cindy has that written in large letters on the back of her SUV "CayleeMarieAnthonyFoundation.net.
CA doesn't realize it, but Jim is just as likely as PEOPLE magazine to slant the story in a way which makes a fool of her.

The guard came over to the "prosecution side" and made a woman leave briefly. My thought was it was a gum chewing incident. Cindy continued chewing the whole hearing and the guard didn't pay her any attention. They are gum-nazis with everyone else.

If there is a hearing in early August, I am there, baby-So cool you got to see the process first hand. I will have to write a note on my hand not to show any body language, not to shake my head when someone spews nonsense-I know it's easy to have self-control when you are there (Jayla is actually waaaay more mature in real life, promise! And Jayla hates when people use their own name in third person), but boy I can holler at the TV when I am watching it here from home!
Did you have to proverbially bite your tongue? I mean, how many times did you argue back with JB in your head?

I was just looking at some slides of the hearing today - was that Richard Hornsby I see sitting on the defense side?

In one picture, it looks a lot like him, leaning forward, elbows on knees, head down?

Amil, do you remember seeing him there?

I was just looking at some slides of the hearing today - was that Richard Hornsby I see sitting on the defense side?

In one picture, it looks a lot like him, leaning forward, elbows on knees, head down?

Amil, do you remember seeing him there?
Yes, Richard Hornsby was there leaning forward like that. He had some papers which were stapled together and he was studying them off and on.

just read that KC tripped and chipped her tooth -- which is why she wasn't in court today. Poor thang.

Mel

Why thank you, I try to be a "think outside the box" kinda gal. The thought came to me because I think the defense "protest to much." Fl has the sunshine law, this is not new news, they have dealt with this issue in the past. Has Cheny or Baez EVER made this argument before with ANY client charged with a capitol crime? Wouldn't, shouldn't the lawyers have expected the same for THOSE clients? Lot's of speculation it's someone who KC can talk to, an expert, to be called to tesify as to her mental status. We all already know she's had an eval, that she has talked to a shrink at the jail. We would be stunned if the defense didn't have someone talking to her, trying to guage her. But that does not mean the ONLY person doing it is someone in the field. If KC were meeting and talking with or if JB wants her to meet with and talk with someone who wants to do her life story, someone whom she will tell the truth to, they wouldn't want that out there. Imagine being that person, the media would go nuts. That would be a good thing, later, when trying to sell your book or movie, but not so good right now, before trial. If that person is really getting her to open up, is that considered work product?? Maybe our great lawyers can ponder this & give us some feed back. But, back to the topic, none of the lawyers come across, to me, as prepared or sincere in court when I see them on TV. Since we loose so much with the tv showing only certain angles, do they really appear this way to you, if you are in court watching not only the defense but the state as well? Guess what I am asking, do they fumble around??
I can not wait to get to part of this trial.

if your post is off topic please take a moment to self edit. the topic is what Amil saw at the hearing today.thanks

where this post lands on the thread is entirely random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member