Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2010.06.01 - Personal Experience at the Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by rhornsby View Post
    You are missing the point, that deposition was a staged show. It is unheard of that the media can tape a deposition as it is being conducted and it is equally unheard of for the transcript to be released in real time. If Conway would have known what he was doing the deposition would have been cancelled.

Compare to Nancy Grace's deposition in the duckett case, no media, no camera's, no attorneys mugging for the camera.

BBM

I get your point and good analogy with NG's depo.

Make no mistake, I am NOT impressed with Brad Conway, however, I know from personal experience client control can be a nightmare, especially with strong-willed, stubborn clients like CA. In re. the bolded portion, exactly what grounds would BC have for cancelling the depo? Are you referring to the video taping w/o their knowledge?

eta: I'm not so sure the media taped it. I thought it was Morgan & co. taping and releasing it to the media pronto. I know it was posted on the Morgan website.
    Last edited by beach; 06-05-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    Just a reminder....this thread is in relation to what was seen at the CRIMINAL trial hearing in front of Judge Perry.....
    Sorry if we are straying-we were discussing/writing about RHornsby's experience Tuesday and I was wondering if Amil experienced the same thing. (hope it's not getting lost in minutiae)
    Will try to get back on course!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhornsby View Post
    You are missing the point, that deposition was a staged show. It is unheard of that the media can tape a deposition as it is being conducted and it is equally unheard of for the transcript to be released in real time. If Conway would have known what he was doing the deposition would have been cancelled.

Compare to Nancy Grace's deposition in the duckett case, no media, no camera's, no attorneys mugging for the camera.
    JB's games are staged as well. What point am I missing. It's ok for JB and other lawyers, but not CM? That is the only point I am seeing here.

Alot of JB's games have also been unheard of. Again, the point? I have been totally blown away by the stuff he is getting away with pulling.

It was stated before the depos that the media would have it right away. That knowledge was a news item. Even wondered about HOW it would be done, as the info was being discussed on the hows, etc. Folks were on pins and needles and primed for it to happen.

Sorry, Conway did not walk into that room, clueless that it was going to be broadcasted right away. It was known the day before. If I was a guessing person (and I am) I would guess that he considered it the least of his worries. That the tape/transcription would be released at some point anyway. His worries, was his client's attitude. As all ready pointed out, Cindy's show pretty much puts everything else in the shade. Most likely that is what was on Brad's mind. All he could do was ride that storm.

Snort! No mugging for the camera's.. NG's lawyers don't need to mug for the camera's like these newbies involved in these cases down here. Part of their fee is the 'mugging for the camera's." LOL!
    Just my opinion.....
    Finally found a reason for the Ignore feature!

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Spangle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    BBM

I get your point and good analogy with NG's depo.

Make no mistake, I am NOT impressed with Brad Conway, however, I know from personal experience client control can be a nightmare, especially with strong-willed, stubborn clients like CA. In re. the bolded portion, exactly what grounds would BC have for cancelling the depo? Are you referring to the video taping w/o their knowledge?

eta: I'm not so sure the media taped it. I thought it was Morgan & co. taping and releasing it to the media pronto. I know it was posted on the Morgan website.
    Bold red mine.

ITA agree with the above red bold.

Morgan releasing the depos to the media is no different from what the defense has done by releasing motions to the media before giving them to the clerk of the court...even in at least one case, releasing motions to the media without filing them at all!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    Bold red mine.

ITA agree with the above red bold.

Morgan releasing the depos to the media is no different from what the defense has done by releasing motions to the media before giving them to the clerk of the court...even in at least one case, releasing motions to the media without filing them at all!
    it was morgan and morgan....And totlaly agree Brad knew, ca knew, ga knew....everyone knew it would be released....ca even had her own camera iirc....so

Do appreciate all the info from those at the trial! Thanks for letting us in on some of the little things we can only speculate on .....
    jmo

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoey For This Useful Post:

Anyone in the know, please chime in on this: It seems to me that Judges have already made their decisions on motions before they hear arguments, because they already have case law at hand to support their decision. So, what do they do? Have case law ready to go either way? How does that work? TIA
    Last edited by my2sense; 06-06-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: remove an apostrophe

Quote Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
    Anyone in the know, please chime in on this: It seems to me that Judges have already made their decisions on motions before they hear arguments, because they already have case law at hand to support their decision. So, what do they do? Have case law ready to go either way? How does that work? TIA
    This would be a really good question to include in the lawyers' thread! I look forward to the answer.
    It's the journey, not the destination.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234