Identified! KY - Simpson Co, WhtFem UP71, 25-35, off I-65, rose tattoo, Oct'01 - Dawn Clare Plonsky Wilkerson

The rose tattoo and its location match, and the rings are mentioned in each case. IMHO it's worth a call to the Clermont County Sheriff's Office to see if Sharon had a healed right arm fracture like the UID. Good luck!

You should submit it. So sad, such a pretty girl. I've noticed her before.

i emailed jane doe's me...i will let everyone know the status as soon as i hear back.

I have always stopped and looked at that particular IUD for a long time now.

I had always wished that the stats lined up with this young lady:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I think there is a resemblence but the age stats are off. I think that the age progression on this young lady is off. I am fairly certain that I may have known her as a small baby. I think she is the younger sister of a very good friend of mine from High School. Why? Because my very good friend in High School had the same surname, had a bio-father that lived in Lexington KY, she had a little sister with the same first name as this missing girl and the picture of this missing girl is like looking at a picture of my friend at the time. IF I have met this missing child (big if) she was around two at the time.

Good luck kpdx. I hope that you have made a match and that someone gets to bring their loved one home.

what a beautiful girl. do you have any more details on the case, kat?

just heard back from the ME. sharon has been ruled out.

darn!

i was hopeful on this one...

what a beautiful girl. do you have any more details on the case, kat?

Nope kpdx, I have searched every archive that I can find and nothing pops up for Lydia.

She is here on the light the way home thread for info.

If she is who I think she is, then yes all of the females look very similar in that family.

I wish I knew more. I might try to contact a newspaper in Lexington KY and see if there is anyone interested in running an article.

I like shelly hoke for the UID. Nose is similar.

Shelly Hoke's rose tattoo seems to have a green leafy thing at the bottom that's not in the UID rose tattoo and the style of the tattoos is different.

just heard back from the ME. sharon has been ruled out.

darn!

i was hopeful on this one...

I'm sorry kpdx - thought this was a good possibility. We'll keep looking!

I do wonder whatever happened to Sharon's ex. He is still missing, but I don't find him listed as such.....

I'm linking the Wikipedia site for I-65, where JD was found. Since she was located near the KY-TN boarder, I was interested to see what other states I-65 runs through. Might open up some other possibilities as to where JD was from. However, I-65 intersects with many other major highways, so this could have us running off in every direction possible!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_65

According to the ME, there are no other rule outs for this case...so keep a look out for possible matches!

Originally posted by Kimster, moved here for discussion

Kentucky State Police

Cold Case of Identification of Female Body

State Police Request Help Identifying Female Body - Found October 9, 2001 in Simpson County

Detectives with the Kentucky State Police in Bowling Green are asking for help in identifying a white female whose body was found on October 9, 2001 near Interstate 65 in Simpson County.

Estimated date of death is between August 1, 2001 and October 1, 2001; age is 25 to 35 years old and height 5´6"to 5´9".

Other identifying characteristics include light reddish-brown hair 12-14 inches long; a healed fracture of the upper right arm, near the shoulder; outline tattoo of a rose on the left breast and many missing or severely decayed teeth. Two rings were found--one is a gold band and the other is silver with a painted enamel blue background with flowers and leaves...More...

I came across this case while scanning NamUs. I believe I found a possible match to this UID female. I would love some input. I like these two as a match because of the similarities in descriptions plus the doe was found in Simpson County and Peggy Sue was last seen in Allen County. These two counties are situated next to each other. Peggy Sue had an abusive boyfriend who had assaulted her with a deadly weapon before she went missing and doe had a healed fracture of proximal right humerus (upper arm near shoulder).

Case File 111UFKY

111UFKY.jpg
111UFKY1.jpg
111UFKY2.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by Dr. Emily Craig
Unidentified White Female

• [*]The victim was discovered on October 9, 2001 in Simpson County, Kentucky.
    [*]Estimated Date of Death: 2-8 weeks prior
    [*]State of Remains: Partially skeletonized
Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 25-35 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'9"
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish-brown hair, 12-14 inches long. She had a healed fracture of the upper right arm, near the shoulder.
    [*]Dentals: Available. Many missing or severely decayed teeth. Severe bilateral degeneration of TMJ. Poor/negligent dental health.
    [*]Jewelry: Two rings were found; a gold band and a silver ring with a painted enamel blue background, with flowers and leaves.
    [*]Tattoos: Outline tattoo of a rose on the left breast.
    [*]Clothing: She was wearing reddish pink panties, or bathing suit bottoms.
    [*]DNA: Available in FBI NMPDD
111UFKY3.jpg
111UFKY4.jpg

Case History
Partially skeletonized remains were found by a survey crew on the shoulder of the northbound lane near the 12-mile marker in Simpson County, alongside Interstate 65, just North of Kentucky-Tennessee stateline. It was some distance from the travel portion of the roadway on a downward slope.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/111ufky.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/71

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name:
Peggy Sue Ashley
Classification:
Endangered Missing Adult
Date of Birth: 1977-03-17
Date Missing: 2000-07-29
From City/State: Scottsville, KY
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23
Race: White
Height: 69 inches
Weight: 120 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Medium
Identifying Characteristics:
Pierced ears, tattoo of "horse" on left arm, tattoo of "barbed wire" with initials J.J. in middle of right arm, tattoo of a head of a "horse" in middle of back, navel piercedClothing: White pull-over short shirt, blue jeans, white tennis shoes Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. A male acquaintance had assaulted Peggy with a deadly weapon prior to her disappearance. She was last seen at the police department where she filed a report where a surveillance camera taped Peggy being picked up by a male individual in a white truck. When questioned, the man indicated he had returned her to her vehicle but the surveillance camera showed he never returned to the area. Her purse is also missing. Investigative Agency: Allen County Sheriff's Department
Phone: (270) 237-3210
Investigative Case #: F00010929

index.php
A200300417W_58.jpg
vinson_peggy3.jpg
vinson_peggy.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vinson_peggy.html

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300417W

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/64

Maz

:cow:

Rule out list for this Doe per her NamUs page