1107 users online (157 members and 950 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - DNA Of Aborted Fetus Ties Suspect To Rape

DNA from a rape victim's aborted fetus was used to arrest her attacker.

Samuel Nyenka aged 26 was arrested for allegedly raping his girlfriend's younger sister who was sleeping in a guest room of the couple's home on November 9th.

Police never got initial DNA from the victim because she did not report the rape until four months later. She was very concerned it would destroy any relationship she had with her sister who was in love with the guy. She didn't think anyone would believe her.

When she realized she was pregnant she went to police as she knew nobody else could be pregnant. Detectives found her very credbible and the accused denied having ANY sex with the young woman consensual or otherwise. The DA and the victim were on board giving a search warrant on the aborted fetus. DNA results concluded Nyenka was 99.99 the father.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ho...cmpid=15585797

She must have felt so afraid and alone, so glad she found the strength to come forward. I hope she finds love and support among her family and friends, sending good thoughts her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackcakes66 View Post
    She must have felt so afraid and alone, so glad she found the strength to come forward. I hope she finds love and support among her family and friends, sending good thoughts her way.
    Right? I know Snackcakes I thought the same thing. Poor girl. What an ordeal. Bless her.

Please let a woman decide if she needs an abortion. What a very good outcome from a very bad situation.

What an amazing and powerful tool DNA analysis is. I always marvel that in this age of DNA analysis, video surveillance everywhere, and all the forensic technology we have to catch criminals that they continue to pull sick sadistic crap thinking they will get away with it. Good on this girl for coming forward!

Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    Please let a woman decide if she needs an abortion. What a very good outcome from a very bad situation.
    Seriously, what does this have to do with the story?

Prayers for this girl's emotional and physical recovery. Hopefully she will not have to suffer a trial or being doubted with such strong DNA results!

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Seriously, what does this have to do with the story?

Prayers for this girl's emotional and physical recovery. Hopefully she will not have to suffer a trial or being doubted with such strong DNA results!
    Angelmom, I can't be certain, but I think GrayJay meant we need to keep abortion safe and legal? Choice.

In no way was I meaning to have an abortion debate by starting this thread. There's a young lady that suffered. Plus one of my all time fave Officers was involved in helping ID the creep that hurt this young lady. If I heaven forbid was ever a victim of a crime I'd want Michael Chitwood on my side.