1251 users online (212 members and 1039 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Altho the wheels of justice are turning slowly, they are turning.

News of the murder charge must hurt so much as it just drives home - yet again! - how senseless Pat's death was.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Still hoping for at least one additional arrest....

Quote Originally Posted by little_pony View Post
    A new page. May all who have offered support and comfort in the past continue here to support Pat's family and friends in the difficult days to come.

Rita, its okay to vent. You're human, dealing with an inhumane act and in the midst is a blood relative you would rather prune off like the diseased limb of the family tree he is. Whatever brings you surcease of sorrow, even if temporary, we don't think less of you, nor when anger or grief overcomes you will we critize or judge you. Your path is not a path you chose, and yet you walk it bravely. Let EK's loose lips continue to talk. Perhaps they will slip. Loose lips sink ships (unguarded talk may give useful information).
    Rita:

No way will i change my mind about you! And I agree with Little Pony, it's OK to vent and what better place to do it than here among friends who will always understand and support you.

I am hoping there will be another arrest soon.

I doubt that Roger H will ever be out of prison. This on the assumption he will be found guilty of trying to kill his wife and killing Patricia Kimmi.
    So, he could talk and talk and nothing worse could happen to him.

Hellfire may be raining down on one person's home and business.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

This part caught my eye--I bolded the exact wording, because it sounds to me as though there is very likely to be at least one more arrest made today.

The Attorney General's Office said in a news released that the complaint alleges that on November 7th, 2009 in Atchison County, Hollister "intentionally and with premeditation killed Patricia Kimmi pursuant to a contract or agreement or was a party to a contract or agreement to have Kimmi killed."
    http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/95633729.html

I read this as saying that this was a contract killing. If they have evidence that this was a contract killing, then they must have evidence as to whomever else is complicit in hiring RoH to fulfill the contract.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

Contract

I saw that about the contract - and my heart did a little pitty-pat. Justice is finally on its way for Pat. It's long overdue, but I think the wait is going to have been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by cleo612 View Post
    This part caught my eye--I bolded the exact wording, because it sounds to me as though there is very likely to be at least one more arrest made today.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/95633729.html

I read this as saying that this was a contract killing. If they have evidence that this was a contract killing, then they must have evidence as to whomever else is complicit in hiring RoH to fulfill the contract.
    Has anyone seen the full criminal complaint as yet? I'd like to know if Hollister is charged with both murder and conspiracy (which, in Kansas, you can be convicted of both the criminal act and the conspiracy to commit it). It seems odd to state that motive and then not add conspiracy to the charges.

I've posted about conspiracy before and the difficulty in proving it. Each party to the conspiracy must both agree to commit the crime and then do at least one additional act further to that crime. Hollister may have thought he was part of a conspiracy, but his potential co-conspirator may have backed out and never committed that second act.

Another thought - motive is a key component to a capital murder case. They may not be able to prove criminal conspiracy but they still need to state that the motive is valid to get a capital conviction. If someone hired Hollister and then never paid, there is no conspiracy but the motive is still there.

I'm not a criminal lawyer (or any other kind of lawyer, for that matter), so I'm happy defer to someone with more knowledge on the matter.

Tony/Michele, Lonnie/Rita, Gene/Angie, David/Lori
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
    "When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous have a refuge." Proverbs 14:32

Quote Originally Posted by eyestowardHeaven View Post
    Watched this video..(very, very sad)..the people on the bench were Pat's children & spouses + a good friend, the person behind the family was Kevin Hill (Brown County Attorney)...saw the Atchison County Sheriff + (maybe) KBI, don't know the Judge, apparently RH attorney (Heathman?) was not present & on vacation, $3,000,000 bond, next hearing June 14th.

Nothing we don't know in any of these, but great to see extensive coverage (finally):

NTV:
    NE Kan. man facing capital murder charges
    http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?S=12598346

Topeka Capital-Journal:
    Hollister charged in Kimmi case
    http://cjonline.com/news/state/2010-..._in_kimmi_case

Kansas City Star:
    Kansas man charged with murdering Patricia Kimmi
    http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/04...murdering.html

KSNT:
    Charges filed in Kimmi Death
    http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story...-_lopRbcg.cspx

KTKA:
    Murder charges filed in Kimmi case
    http://www.ktka.com/news/2010/jun/04...ed-kimmi-case/

ETA:
    Capital-Journal expanded its article:
    ---
    Gavin Young, spokesman for Kansas Attorney General Steve Six's Office, said Six's office is partnering with Kuckelman's office to pursue the case.

More than 200 individuals, including members of the Kimmi and Hollister families, as well as members of area law enforcement, were named as witnesses in the complaint filed on Friday. Young declined to say whether more charges would be filed or any additional suspects would be named, citing that the case remains an open investigation.

Hollister is to make his first appearance in Atchison County court at 1 p.m. June 14.
    ---
    Last edited by wfgodot; 06-04-2010 at 09:20 PM.

I think that nursebeeme must have got that haircut this morning!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by son-of-bowmancabin View Post
    Has anyone seen the full criminal complaint as yet? .
    http://cjonline.com/multimedia/docum.../hollister.pdf

This was embedded in the Capitol Journal story site. It includes the list of witnesses.

KQ2 finally has its courtroom video & report up:

http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=134605

(And yes, cclearly, one of the first things I thought of was, "Wow, nursebeeme has found a salon in Michigan and got her hair cut today!" Also, great find, jane d, the Cap-Journal added layers to its original story as the night went on so I missed the embed with the names.)
    Last edited by wfgodot; 06-05-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added parenthetical thing

Capital Murder that is so great. Does the state have the death penalty???? When are they going to arrest the person who hired Hollisters, we all know who that is. I don't want to say his name just in case he has not been named a POI. If he hasn't why not? The Hollisters have no motive except money. I wonder how much they were offered? Does anyone know anything about maybe an insurance policy or anything of value the mastermind might get with Pat dead?

Quote Originally Posted by lilcatt View Post

Capital Murder that is so great. Does the state have the death penalty???? When are they going to arrest the person who hired Hollisters, we all know who that is. I don't want to say his name just in case he has not been named a POI. If he hasn't why not? The Hollisters have no motive except money. I wonder how much they were offered? Does anyone know anything about maybe an insurance policy or anything of value the mastermind might get with Pat dead?
    Yes, Kansas has a death penalty, but on this 22 June it will have been 45 years since anyone was executed in our state. This seems unlikely to change.

County and state law enforcement continue to investigate the party responsible for the making of the contract. It's very likely that an arrest will be made sometime prior to the Roger Hollister trial.

A motive would appear to be to regain money and considerations lost in the divorce. And an ugly selfishness and soullessness which beggars belief.

Incidentally, RoHo's not going anywhere: $1.5 million bail for attempted capital murder charges, and $3 million bail for capital murder.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast