Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    I'm so happy to see that, everyday, you folks keep Brittanee's thread on page one. Not only because I hate scrolling around to find her, but because she deserves it! I've been checking in a couple times a day. I'll be home from vacation tomorrow night and I'll probably post more.

I'll never give up.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    Well, i might be dumber than dumb
    Absolutely not!!! ... sweeter than a box of candy, maybe!!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mlatta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mlatta View Post
    Absolutely not!!! ... sweeter than a box of candy, maybe!!
    Gotta agree with you on this MLatta!!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

~~~~*** BUMPING FOR BRITT~~~***

@----->>-->>>> (A rose for BD)))
    :Banane37

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

It's been 12 hours. Bump.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:

This may not be anything, but thought it interesting.

Investigators with the Florence Police Department say a body has been found at the site of a former Burger King restaurant Wednesday afternoon.

Link here: http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12661964

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JDzWife For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much, JDzWife!

I'm still wondering about the body found in MB last week. Nothing else was said about it. Hmmm.
    As for this body, Florence is a significant distance from Myrtle Beach...and even further away from Georgetown. The only way I can see BD's body being near Florence would be if she was taken there by someone headed north.....like someone headed back to NY, for instance.
    Since LE has repeatedly stated that these POI's are locals, I feel confident that BD's remains will be found somewhere between Georgetown and MB. IMHO.
    If you find out anything more about this person at the Burger King, or if you have any other ideas or thoughts....I'd love to hear what you have to say!! Thanks!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

I don't know but I'm thinking the article would have said "remains" instead of a "body" if it were Brittanee. As much as it hurts me to even think about it, Brittanee, if she died right after she disappeared, would be badly decomposed.

Of course the article doesn't really say what the condition of the body is and with the way the media has been reporting things lately, it could very well have been remains. It's just the article sounds like it's an intact body and that it won't be that difficult to determine the cause of death.

JMO

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JDzWife View Post
    This may not be anything, but thought it interesting.

Investigators with the Florence Police Department say a body has been found at the site of a former Burger King restaurant Wednesday afternoon.

Link here: http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12661964
    It was a man that was found,

Wednesday afternoon, police found a body near a dumpster behind a restaurant.

Florence Police Major Carlos Raines says some workers found the body of a man behind the old Burger King on West Evans Street.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=471449
    :Banane37

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

Thank you RoseC!! I had a hunch it wasn't her, but you just never know these days. I am always checking the BD thread hoping and praying something will break. Prayers for this man's family.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JDzWife For This Useful Post:

May this poor man rest in peace. How sad to be found by a dumpster.

I check in each day hoping for good news in Brittanee's case.

I'd just like to say to the perps......Give her back! It is time for this to come to an end and for all involved to have closure. This has gone on for too long. Tell LE what you know and let Brittanee go home where she belongs!

Where are you Britt? I pray each day for God shine his light on you and to lead LE to you.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    Well, i might be dumber than dumb,but here in Georgetown county,le dont arrest you till they have the proof in hand,then when so you get arrested booked/photo/then in 24 hrs or a day or two you go before a judge,then its left to that judge if you are set bail/bond or stay in jail till you have a court hearing,,,so i do no this for a fact!!! LE in (Gtown county) not going to lock those POI's up till even proof for an arrest,,,,
    (if we were truly told the truth in BD case) im having my doubts now on all those big briefings they gave the public,why in gods name they wont come out on national radio/tv announce they have poi's in her case,then it just drops? my question is why even tell there now its cold? something truly not adding up,,,
    Bumping for BD,prayers for the Derx-family,,
    Nope, you have the procedures right. The reasoning is still probable cause. Evidence in hand, which I assume you mean enough evidence to present to a court to determine guilt, is probable cause. Law enforcement cannot make an arrest unless they have probable cause, otherwise the arrest is unlawful. Now this does not mean they have to have all of the evidence that they are going to present to the judge or jury, just enough evidence that all of the elements of a particular crime have been met with the evidence they have in their possession.

For example, if a police officer witnesses A hit B on the head with a steel pipe, the police office has probable cause to arrest A. The police officer acyually onserving this battery is enough evidence to convict A. But, most likely, the pipe will be admitted into evidence, any blodd evidence on that pipe, B's testimony, etc. On the other hand, let's say that the police officer arrived on the scene after B was hit, the pipe is lying on the ground, A is long gone and B informs the police officer that A hit him on the head. Does the officer have probable cause? Not yet. A is a suspect worth investigating, but there is no evidence other than B's testimony. Now once the investigation proceeds, probable cause may arise (ie, A's DNA found on pipe, another witness saw A running from the scene, A has B's blood on his clothes). But to put it simply, in order for police to arrest and charge you with a crime, they need to have evidence tending to prove each and every element of the crime.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to legalpanther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by legalpanther View Post
    Nope, you have the procedures right. The reasoning is still probable cause. Evidence in hand, which I assume you mean enough evidence to present to a court to determine guilt, is probable cause. Law enforcement cannot make an arrest unless they have probable cause, otherwise the arrest is unlawful. Now this does not mean they have to have all of the evidence that they are going to present to the judge or jury, just enough evidence that all of the elements of a particular crime have been met with the evidence they have in their possession.

For example, if a police officer witnesses A hit B on the head with a steel pipe, the police office has probable cause to arrest A. The police officer acyually onserving this battery is enough evidence to convict A. But, most likely, the pipe will be admitted into evidence, any blodd evidence on that pipe, B's testimony, etc. On the other hand, let's say that the police officer arrived on the scene after B was hit, the pipe is lying on the ground, A is long gone and B informs the police officer that A hit him on the head. Does the officer have probable cause? Not yet. A is a suspect worth investigating, but there is no evidence other than B's testimony. Now once the investigation proceeds, probable cause may arise (ie, A's DNA found on pipe, another witness saw A running from the scene, A has B's blood on his clothes). But to put it simply, in order for police to arrest and charge you with a crime, they need to have evidence tending to prove each and every element of the crime.
    legalpanther,

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise and helping us understand the process and the role of the GJ in making an arrest. Glad your here to help us out!

Where is Brittanee?

wm

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Bumping up for Britt!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Very frustrating wish they would finally find our Brit!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast