BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
'Golden Girls' Actress Rue McClanahan Dies
Actress Suffered Massive Stroke, Manager Says

POSTED: Thursday, June 3, 2010
UPDATED: 11:39 am EDT June 3, 2010

WDIV-Detroit

"Golden Girls" actress Rue McClanahan has died of a stroke, her manager says.

Thats so sad :( She was such a great actress. My thoughts are with her family.

Betty White is the only Golden Girl left. And what's with all the strokes, lately?

RIP Rue, a truly great and funny actress!

Aw, that's too bad. I know her health had not been the best as of late.

RIP to a truly golden girl.

RIP, she was indeed a Golden Girl, thank you for all the memories.

VB

:rose:RIP RUE:rose:
Thanks Ladies for all the laughs and memories!! There's nothing on TV now that compares to the Golden Girls! IMO
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzrVcZV5cok[/ame]

awww! This breaks my heart. RIP Rue! You will be greatly missed.

RIP Rue, thank you for all the laughs...my mom and I still watch, talk & laugh about the Golden Girls! We joke about who we would be if we were a Golden Girl and my Mom always picks Blanche!

RIP Rue! you truly were a golden girl as was previously posted.

I agree there isn't anything currently on TV that compares to the Golden Girls. That show was one of my fave's!

Very sorry to hear that - I loved that show when I was a kid. And then I was tickled pink to see her as Steve's grandma in Blue's Clues!

RIP Rue, and Bea and Estelle, as well.

One of my favorite shows ever...I still watch the reruns.

Picture it...Miami....1985 - Four beautiful women move in together and give us laughter and tears with shows that are just as funny and relevant today as they were then.

R.I.P. Rue....

R.I.P Rue Mcclanahan. I still enjoy watching the Golden Girl reruns. I just can't believe that Betty White is the only one left. So sad.

Well, we're down to one Golden Girl. I love this show and have all the seasons on DVD.

My daugter's fiance has a nine year old little girl who loves the Golden Girls. My daughter says we are soul mates. I bought her 2 seasons of the Golden Girls last week. I hope she treasures those comedic moments as much as I have over the years.

RIP Dorothy, Blanche and Sophia! :blowkiss:

One of my favorite shows ever...I still watch the reruns...Picture it...Miami....1985 - Four beautiful women move in together and give us laughter and tears with shows that are just as funny and relevant today as they were then. R.I.P. Rue....

BBM. And, even funnier when you join the ranks of the "goldens" ;)

RIP Rue. So sad.

Blanche was always my favorite. Spunky one! A man eater. A little on the trashy side. lol
Too funny.

BBM. And, even funnier when you join the ranks of the "goldens" ;)

LOL! If that ain't the truth...No wonder I watch them every day now..I can relate to them!!

What gets me is Betty White is the oldest one of all of them, and not only is she alive and kicking, she's getting ready star in a new sitcom on TV Land, Hot in Cleveland!

One of my favorite episodes with Rue - When Dorothy's lesbian college friend Jean visits and falls in love with Rose. Blanche is incensed when she didn't fall for her!!! The clip below is 9 minutes long but well worth watching.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBOBW1kAV_c[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back