GUILTY PA - Cortney Fry, 19, Columbia, 20 July 2004

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Columbia, PA
Pretty new mother to a 3 week-old missing. Police find some of her clothing at an incinerator. Boyfriend of baby is missing. Unclear where the child is.

LANCASTER COUNTY, PA - The weekend before she disappeared, Cortney Fry was having problems with her boyfriend, Micah Stewart, Miss Fry’s mother said today.
The 19-year-old woman left the couple’s apartment in Columbia and stayed at her mother’s house in Mount Joy for three days to “take a break,” her mother says. She brought the couple’s 2-week-old baby with her.

http://www.lancasteronline.com/pages/news/local/4/7783

LANCASTER COUNTY, PA - Cortney Fry was getting rid of some clothing. That’s why her boyfriend, Micah Stewart, threw the items in a Dumpster after she disappeared more than a week ago, the boyfriend’s father said today.
Police found the clothing in a trash truck heading for the county incinerator Tuesday. Two of Fry’s friends helped to identify her shirts, pants, dresses, shoes and a hand-decorated bag with Fry’s name on it.

http://www.lancasteronline.com/pages/news/local/4/7797

I hope they find her alive and well, she's such a beautiful girl.
I'm afraid with the bf putting her clothes in a dumpster. it looks bad

This sounds like another domestic violence situation...a baby involved....this is getting totally out of hand!!!

Leads are scant in Fry case
Police say boyfriend is being 'cooperative'

http://www.lancasteronline.com/pages/news/local/4/7803

I'm not too trusting these days with these women missing and the husbands/boyfriends being involved. I bet he's involved somehow....JMO. I haven't seen anything on the tv concerning this case...has anyone seen something on it???

I think the boyfriend is involved too. Why would he throw out her belongings? Because he knew she wasn't coming back...this is so sad....

This is the area where I live, and this has been on the news all over the place. Unfortunately, the little bit of news we have doesn't look good. The boyfriend fled to Delaware, but is supposedly back in the area. He is already facing disorderly conduct charges for a fight that they had a week or so before she disappeared. After the fight, she moved back in with her mother for a week, but went back to the boyfriend. The next day she was reported missing by her parents. Her mother has the very young baby girl. (born July 4 of this year)
Right now, Courtney's mother and her friends are disagreeing in the newspapers about the state of her relationship with Micah. The friends are reporting bruises, the mother is denying them. It's a very weird story. I hope that she is taking a breather, but I just don't think so. Now we have the other missing woman in the are (Christina Colon) too. This is so odd. Before this we were known for one high profile murder (Laurie Show) and the Amish.

ShowerSinger said:
Still thinking the boyfriend knows what happened.
Any new info?

Nothing to report here. I haven't even seen anything about this in the newspapers lately. Such a shame. And I agree about the boyfriend.

Candlelight Vigil
For Cortney Fry

Disappeared July 20, 2004
Under Mysterious Circumstances

Vigil will be held at Locust St. Park on
October 17, 2004 at 3-6pm
Rain date of October 24, 2004
Corner of Locust St. and Lancaster Ave. Columbia, PA

Events: Poster Signing, Balloon Release, Candle Lighting Vigil at Dusk

Also, Pins will be sold all proceeds will go into a trust fund for her daughter, Giavanni Athena

Please bring a flower or memento if you wish

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]October 19, 2004 [/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Three months after she disappeared, there's still no word on the fate of Cortney Fry. The young Lancaster County mother vanished just two weeks after giving birth to a bby girl.

As Angela Watson reports, her family is trying to bring attention back to the case, in the hopes of finding more information.

As candles flicker in the cool autumn air, people gather in a Columbia park to pray.
Cortney's Aunt, Dawn Fry:
“That we have answers one way or another, that we have answers.”

The Fry's are hoping this vigil will jog a memory.
“Maybe to get it back in the media, to get it out there again.”

It's been three months since Cortney Fry vanished from her Columbia apartment. From the beginning, investigators have had few leads and today the story is no different. Her father, Skip Fry, reported his daughter missing July 20th. Her boyfriend was the last to see her, claiming he came home to find their two week old baby alone in the apartment.

Her father hopes she simply walked away.
“Hopefully she pops up and everything is just great that's what I'm hoping for.”

Police have called her disappearance suspicious. Her clothing was found at a garbage incinerator just outside of town. While they have found no evidence of foul play, they have also found no reason for her to run. Leaving her family with nothing but questions.

“If somebody knows something please get in touch let us know we have numbers out there everywhere somebody let us know.”

The number to call with information is 1-800-322-1913.
http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...59-8C97252AFD2E
[/font]

I have a baby boy that was born July 12th of this year, so only a week younger than her daughter. There is no force strong enough to make me leave my son. There is no way this new mommy left her baby girl willingly. What an incredibly sad event. I pray her family finds what happened to her and has some closure. I pray that her baby girl is raised in a loving home and given a fighting chance in life.

Family looks to national TV, radio on missing-woman case
Cortney Fry of Columbia disappeared 6 months ago.

By Cindy Stauffer
Lancaster New Era
Published: Jan 07, 2005

LANCASTER COUNTY, PA - As the six-month anniversary of Cortney Fry’s disappearance approaches, her family members are working to make sure no one forgets her.They have started a reward fund. They are talking to interviewers on national radio and television shows. They have posted two Web sites.

They are doing what they can to generate any information about Fry, a 19-year-old mother who disappeared from her Columbia apartment last July, just weeks after giving birth to a daughter.

“We hope it will bring more attention to the case,” said Jodi Stauffer, a local resident who is acting as spokeswoman for Fry’s mother. “One of the main reasons we are doing this is because we need to feel like we’re doing something.”

Two or three county detectives are working full time on the case, said Lancaster Chief County Detective Michael Landis.

“We continue to get tips,” Landis said.

No arrests have been made in the case.

In hopes of generating more information, Stauffer and County Detective Joseph Geesey appeared Dec. 8 on “On the Record with Greta Van Sustern” on the Fox News Channel. Van Sustern interviewed the pair about Fry’s disappearance.

Stauffer also was interviewed on nationally syndicated radio shows hosted by Ed Buggs and Liberty Broadcasting in November.

And she is hoping to appear on Montel Williams’ TV talk show in the next few months.

“I think it will bring more attention to the case,” Stauffer said. “Maybe someone who lives in another state knows something. Maybe they were visiting Lancaster County and saw something, or they know someone in Lancaster County who mentioned something to them.”

The family also is asking for information via two Web sites: www.findcortney.com and www.freewebs.com/cortney fry.

The sites both have guest books, where people from all over the country have posted messages of sympathy and theories about Fry’s disappearance.

The family also has held vigils in Columbia and handed out buttons with Fry’s photo on them.

Fry was last seen by her boyfriend, Micah J. Stewart, when he left the couple’s Fifth Street apartment.

Stewart told police that when he returned 45 minutes later, his girlfriend was gone, having left behind the couple’s then-2-week-old daughter, Giavanni. (She is now being cared for by members of the Stewart family and is seen regularly by Fry’s family.)

Stewart didn’t report his girlfriend missing. It was her father who contacted police two days later, when he stopped at the apartment and Stewart told him Fry had disappeared.

Fry and Stewart had been having problems before her disappearance, friends said. Police had charged Stewart with disorderly conduct after being called to a dispute between the two about a week before Fry disappeared.

Stewart had questioned whether he was the baby’s father. The couple took a paternity test, which friends said confirmed Stewart was the father.

To make a donation to the reward fund, make checks payable to: Eric G. Warfel f/b/o Cortney Fry Reward Fund. Write “for deposit only” in the check notation.

Checks should be sent to: Eric G. Warfel, c/o Commerce Bank, P.O. Box 1923, 1803 Mt. Rose Ave., Suite A-7, York, PA 17405-1923.

Lancaster Crimestoppers also is $1,000 reward for information leading police to Fry’s whereabouts.

http://www.lancasteronline.com/pages/news/local/6/11056

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back