935 users online (145 members and 790 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs down Sex offenders in libraries

Thank goodness for our Public Libraries, right?

Russell Rust sure likes hanging around his local. Too bad the 20 year old is a sex offender. He has conditions of parole and all that, but 'eh we know how they love to follow laws.

Rust convinced a young girl to come and sit next to him. At that time he passed her a note. Yo, Russ what we in sixth grade here? It all started when he began bothering kids between the ages of 11-13.

O.K. lucky the kids went home and told. Parents went to the library demanding to know who the patron was. The library told them "No way not without a supoena, yo". Well, of course not because we must serve and protect 20 year olds who lure 11 year olds.

He's busted and locked up for violating his parole. They do have books in jail and prison.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420a...ml?source=mypi

Myspace

Oh good "Rusty" has a Myspace. Of course he does.

http://www.myspace.com/rustylrust

RUSTY DON'T READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting. He wrote that in huge letters on his Myspace. So, ummm Rusty what the he*l are you doing in the library?
    Last edited by Filly; 06-04-2010 at 05:55 AM.

Library protects identity of sex offender.

That's good. Great.

Who protects our kids? Better be us because nobody else is doing it. Lord only knows the library was my kids favorite place. Mind you I'm no big scholar or reader. Yet, I was right there with my child in every dang isle looking at books and sitting at the table while a project was being done. We avoided the bathroom at all costs, but alas when we did go in wasn't anybody hurting my kid.

Sorry for the rant. Basically it's just up to us parents to keep the kids safe. Others think ol' Rusty here is more important.

http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/95475159.html

didn't we have a story like this a few years ago where the library was refusing the record of a perv who was using a library computer to feed his habit?

Who knew the library ladies were such rebels? Too bad they chose the WRONG cause!

I would never assume any right to privacy on a library computer.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    didn't we have a story like this a few years ago where the library was refusing the record of a perv who was using a library computer to feed his habit?

Who knew the library ladies were such rebels? Too bad they chose the WRONG cause!

I would never assume any right to privacy on a library computer.
    AM, I did a search and we have quite a few cases where an RSO commits a crime in a library.

However, I couldn't find the one you mentioned, but do recall it.

Meanwhile there's also a few where the librarians and others saved the day. I linked to one where a freakazoid literally picked up a 2 year old and took her in the bathroom in the library.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...y+sex+offender