McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses due to Cadmium concerns.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

cadmium-shrek-la104jpg-608c35f725792c75_large.jpg

This image provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission shows ìShrek Forever After 3Dî Collectable Drinking Glasses being promoted by McDonald's Corp that are being recalled because the designs on the glasses contain cadmium.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Cadmium has been discovered in the painted design on "Shrek"-themed drinking glasses being sold nationwide at McDonald's, forcing the burger giant to recall 12 million of the cheap U.S.-made collectibles while dramatically expanding contamination concerns about the toxic metal beyond imported children's jewelry.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, which announced the voluntary recall early Friday, warned consumers to immediately stop using the glasses; McDonald's said it would post instructions on its website next week regarding refunds.

The 16-ounce glasses, being sold for about $2 each as part of a promotional campaign for the movie "Shrek Forever After," were available in four designs depicting the characters Shrek, Princess Fiona, Puss in Boots and Donkey.

Darn! I really wanted one with the donkey on it. When I heard it on the news I didn't hear anything about whether McDonald's was going to reimburse people that bought the glasses.

I'm sitting in McDonalds drive thru right now and they still have all the signs up advertising the glasses.
I wonder why?

Let's see, let me guess.... made in China??

I have the donkey one, just bought it this week. My luck I bought it on a night they were out of receipt paper, and when I went to the same McDonald's I bought it from the girl behind the counter seemed to not understand why I was trying to bring it back. It's sitting in my living room in a plastic bag- I'm not sure whether I should just throw it out or what.

Glad it hasn't been used yet, though.

Yep, that's just about right, I made a special trip just yesterday (15 miles one-way, I live in country) to get 4 of these because the Disney ones I have from 10+ years ago are still holding up well and the kids seem to like them.
I hope they take them back, but I'm not going all the way to town again unless I have other things to get done.

I work for McDonalds. We were given updates all day on what to do. We have started refunding the glasses at $3 each, don't need to bring a receipt with you, just the glass and provide a name/signature for the record.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back