Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Does Amtrak have passes for those in the Chicago area who would frequently ride the train ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Does Amtrak have passes for those in the Chicago area who would frequently ride the train ?
    Here is the Amtrak homepage, I haven't went through it yet.

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1237405732502

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Dumb question. Do rental cars have GPS? If so, would the rental car agency be able to tell where the car was? Or am I thinking too much along the black box thing.

This case is really twisted.
    http://www.automotive.com/2009/12/ni...ent/index.html

What's a "trip computer" ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

wikipedia says... "A trip computer is an onboard computer device fitted to cars which can generally record distance travelled, average speed, average fuel consumption, and display real time fuel consumption information. This computer can be found in various vehicles"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trip_computer
    Last edited by KateB; 05-12-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maggieo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Not necessarily, her brother could have heard it from the friend also.

Imo, it is still speculation on the friends part, only because it is hearsay and not yet confirmed by LE via Beth's phone records. I just don't want to take it as verified fact because it is not. (Not trying to argue, just sharing why I believe this way). We don't know if LE has or does not yet have her phone records. It sounds like they/LE believe the husbands story thus far... at least it appears that way. Personally, he is a bit gushy for me... but that should not reflect on him, and is just my personal opinion. (I'm not a gushy person).

OT- my son loves your moo smiley!
    It's on the list here

I agree that it's hearsay right now; just seems odd to me that both of them are saying she called him at 6 pm. That, plus the call about taking the train just fits what everyone says about her staying in touch with family and friends.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    It is a computer device attached to cars which can record distance traveled, average speed, average fuel etc.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Her friend says she saw her boarding the train? If true, that is someting quite different...why are these stories so confusing? Can't be this much confusion if everyone just told the truth, IMO...truth is simple.
    Just my opinion, of course.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Her friend says she saw her boarding the train? If true, that is someting quite different...why are these stories so confusing? Can't be this much confusion if everyone just told the truth, IMO...truth is simple.
    So many stories I do not know which one to believe.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

http://www.lostnmissing.com/5.html

The info on this banner is different also, It says she traveled to Centrailia by amtrak and was scheduled to return home alone the following Sunday.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

A bodacious sparkling woman with a pink and orange bag doesn't go quietly unless there's nobody else around. In which case, it might just be nobody hears something rather than she didn't make any noise.

I would think a conductor on the train would definitely remember her. She's pretty darn well-endowed. I hope she didn't have to wait at the station for an hour and a half as the timeline implies. That would make me question her friend's loyalty towards her well-being.

Does anyone know, if the Centralia stop is where people from St Louis come, to take the train up to Chicago? I'd like to get a feel for how busy it might be on a weekend afternoon.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    A bodacious sparkling woman with a pink and orange bag doesn't go quietly unless there's nobody else around. In which case, it might just be nobody hears something rather than she didn't make any noise.

I would think a conductor on the train would definitely remember her. She's pretty darn well-endowed. I hope she didn't have to wait at the station for an hour and a half as the timeline implies. That would make me question her friend's loyalty towards her well-being.

Does anyone know, if the Centralia stop is where people from St Louis come, to take the train up to Chicago? I'd like to get a feel for how busy it might be on a weekend afternoon.
    I put Centrailia, Woodstock and St. Louis on a map. About 1 hr and 30 min from St. Louis to Centrailia.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...470459&t=h&z=7

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

St. Louis, MO (STL)
    Station Building (with waiting room)
    430 South 15th Street
    St. Louis Gateway Station
    St. Louis, MO 63103

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten..._Page&code=STL

And they have their own station.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Are the children hers or her step-children? Are the two oldest hers and the youngest a step-child? They haven't been married that long and the kids have different last names. Not that matters but everything is so confusing and the family dynamic is part of the story.

The friend's story is fishy however, looking at her wall on facebook I think she is devastated. I just would like to hear a press conference and get some clarification on the bad reporting. I am not man-hating however I was married to an attorney...
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crystalgenie For This Useful Post:

Where did you come across the different last names?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

I certainly understand all the confusion as the details are so unclear, however at this point and time, I can't possibly see how her husband could have possibly pulled anything off from such a distance unless he had some well laid out plan and a few friends in the area to pull it off. His video interview didn't set off an alarms for me. He seems sincerely concerned for his wife. I could be wrong but I just don't get any bad vibes from her DH.

Regarding the friend, to my knowledge there are no video interview with her at the moment but I wish there were. If she really did just drop off her friend at the train station just as she said then she must be just sick about the whole thing.

JMO

30. The Following User Says Thank You to JennaLee For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast