954 users online (220 members and 734 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Clara Wilfong, 73, raped & murdered in her Akron home, 28 May 2010

Wow - the sheer depravity of the piece of human excrement who did this is really mind boggling.

I have read a lot of these sort of stories lately. Nobody can tell me that raping a 73 year old is about sex. It is about a convenient depository who can easily be subdued and about inflicting terror and humiliation upon the victim.

I really hope they catch this perp, he WILL do this again.

AKRON, Ohio - A memorial has been set up outside the Brown Street apartment building where 73-year-old Clara Wilfong was raped and murdered last Friday by an intruder.

Akron police say the suspect was sitting next to the her body on her bed, when relatives came to check on her.

According to police, the man then jumped out of a second story window and fled on foot.

Wilfong's relatives helped police develop a composite sketch of the killer, who is 35 to 45 years old with a slender build and rotting teeth.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

in the moment
    This is terrible! I hope they catch the POS. RIP Clara. I am sorry some lowlife did this to you. My prayers are with her family.

...and be sure your sin will find you out.

What a horrible, horrible story. I also can't beieve that they waited 5 days to put out the description of the POS. What is the matter with you, Akron LE. Five days? Amazing.

Clara I am so sorry you had to live in a society where scums treat their elderly like crap. I am so sorry after living an entire life you had to die in such a horrific manner. I'm sorry real live monsters prey on the elderly like yourself.

I so don't hope LE catches him. I hope the public catches him and beats him down until he suffers a morsel of what this poor lady suffered.

Rotting teeth? Some crack head out there most likely knows who this rat is.

ottumwa, ia
    Prayers to Clara's relatives. I love to be with our Seniors. I miss playing cards with my mom and her elderly girlfriends since she passed at age 82. No one, especially an elderly lady should have this happen. Catch him and fry him.

From February 2011:

A jury found Devon Owens, 38, guilty of aggravated murder, with the specification that makes him eligible for the death penalty. Owens was also found guilty of two counts of rape and one count of aggravated burglary...

Akron police were able to identify Owens using DNA recovered from the crime scene...
    From March 2011:

A man will spend life in prison without the possibility of parole for the death of a 73-year-old Akron woman.