Misty's actions/behaviors while dealing

IMO: Misty does not look like a "seasoned" drug dealer.

She seems too..excited..happy..almost like a kid in the candy story with too many candies to choose from.. I don't know.. I just can't put my finger on it...

She seems too..excited..happy..almost like a kid in the candy story with too many candies to choose from.. I don't know.. I just can't put my finger on it...

I don't know what the typical behavior is for a drug dealer but, she seems to be pretty relaxed and acting very natural to me even play shoving the UC guy on the arm as they are driving. Would seem to me that would be less conspicuous than someone acting as though they were constantly looking over their shoulder and appearing to be paranoid.

She was happy, she had drugs, and Ron in the back seat. She gave no thought to Haleigh, nor anyone else for that matter. She was 18 and life was good in her world. JMO

ITA and get what you are trying to say!! Especially compared to Ron who looks like a seasoned veteran. Look at how quickly he knows how to pop that pill so the UC doesn't see him take from his stash. He hand motions to Hope about the deal going on and how much they are going to take. He knows how much he can make and what he can eat from the stash and still profit.

Misty was clueless and tried to act tough. LOL she was even flirting with the UC! Seasoned dealers don't do that- they view "customers" as money, not potential boyfriends. IMO MOO etc. etc....

Misty is the dog in the cartoon........the tiny dog leaping over the big dog yipping how great it is to be there, hop hop hop, big dog is great, yip yip yip......

Who knows what was going through Misty's mind when she was in the front seat counting the pills. She certainly seemed happy and satisified. As if she just received a gift she'd been wishing for.
Or, that yes, she finally realized you can purchase as well as sell controlled substances.
Maybe when she counted the drugs, she was thinking how much money she could make from the sale of the drugs.
Or she could have been pleased with herself and expecting Ron would be proud of her for her association with this dealer. She may have been amazed that drug deals really were a way to make money.
But I think the bottom line in watching Misty's reaction is that she was not a seasoned dealer. She seemed in awe of the entire episode.
jmo

She's a legend in her own mind...and she ain't by herself in that respect, imo..

Is Misty setting the price for the drugs in any of these videos? Is Misty telling the UC when they can obtain more drugs and what type of drugs they can obtain? I really haven't picked them apart for that aspect. I do know I've heard Ronald do this and I've heard Misty parrot Ronald.

Misty acted like she knew what she was doing, bossing everyone around, telling them when she was going to get out, telling them when to pick her up, calling to "baybeeeee" saying "he doesn't want to do it here", giving instructions on how to leave the dope for someone to pick up....... She was looking tough.

In her own mind.

Who would flirt on a drug bust? Misty flirted with the UC. She seemed excited, joyous. Like it was a big game. Like she was when she and RC got their marriage license and he walked 12 feet ahead of her. Giddy, like a teenager.

She didn't act like a seasoned drug dealer, I'm sure. Not that I know anything about them except from movies and TV, but I do know business, and her way isn't the way a business transaction is made. I'm sure real drug dealers don't go around screaming to each other, calling attention to themselves.

I do think a prosecutor would use her drug bust videos to their advantage, and will be successful. Misty is convincing enough to the unseasoned to be considered acting in a leadership role. Also, a jury probably won't analyze the tapes as we have. They'll view it maybe three or four times, but certainly not like we do, plus we've seen them how many times on JVM and NG? :crosseyed: The jury in Misty's trial wouldn't see the majority of the parts that focus on RC, so they wouldn't be able to compare the seasoned dealer with the kid.

I always thought that Misty was having way too much fun, flirting with the UC, and "play acting" at being a drug dealer, probably not unlike the way she was playing wifey and mommy in RC's home. Meanwhile, the mastermind is hiding out in the back seat as if he were part of the upholstery. jmo

One thing I thought was interesting about these videos is that we get a little glimpse of the "real" Misty.

Prior to these drug bust videos (and the "secretly recorded" jailhouse tapes), most of what we've seen of Misty has involved sniffling, tears, vague answers, dumbfounded facial expressions, and the like.

Had one not seen these drug bust videos (or the jail tapes), one might conclude that Misty is just a dupe, that she hasn't the ability to be manipulative, conniving, or calculating.

However, these clips demonstrate that Misty can indeed break free from her stupors, and occasionally be more than just a glassy-eyed simpleton...

Giddy to be "werking" with Ron again. mo

After watching a couple more times, that is what it looks like, she was totally excited. When I said "seasoned" drug dealer , I was meaning she is "new" at dealing. Seasoned dealers have no "rush" (excited, happy) in selling drugs, it's a normal day thing for them, they do what they do.

What did Ronald act like while he was in the front seat? Does anyone have a video handy?

Misty's lawyer is smart for taking her into trial.

Is Misty setting the price for the drugs in any of these videos? Is Misty telling the UC when they can obtain more drugs and what type of drugs they can obtain? I really haven't picked them apart for that aspect. I do know I've heard Ronald do this and I've heard Misty parrot Ronald.

first video:
in this video they are buying, not selling. misty alone reaffirms the price of $4 each. the u/c mentions he needs his money in two weeks and they can do this once a month.

second video:
they are selling in this video. misty set the price at $290.00 and ronald corrects the price by doing the math. nothing is mentioned about another buy.

MO of the videos is field's is going to have a hard time putting this all on RC. she seems to be totally in her element. barking orders, making phone calls, knowing (on her own) that she would get more time for roxies than for what they are dealing, etc. as a matter of fact, in the second video it appears that RC doesn't even know where she is going to get the drugs to sell. at about the 3:07 mark, when MC and HS get out of the car RC actually rolls down the window and asks "hey, how far down do y'all have to go?". which to me would appear that he doesn't even know where she is going to get them. not to mention the october robbery that didn't involve RC and the first AND last bust that didn't involve RC. jmo

What great posters we have here! I agree with all of you, but I considered another factor. These people were now her "family": RC, Hope, Donna, et al. A family where she had a roof over her head, food to eat, drugs to use. A place she thought she had a future selling drugs to get money for all the things a teenage girl wants to buy.

When Misty "lived" with her parents she sometimes had to sleep in cars, go hungry, et al. It was no life. There was more security when she lived with Granny Hollors, but by that time Misty was ruined. When she got in with the Cummings she felt she had found her family and felt secure. (I know that Ron threw her out that time, but he took her back.)

I believe Misty thought this was a great improvement over life with her parents, and she totally embraced it.:twocents: FWIW

What great posters we have here! I agree with all of you, but I considered another factor. These people were now her "family": RC, Hope, Donna, et al. A family where she had a roof over her head, food to eat, drugs to use. A place she thought she had a future selling drugs to get money for all the things a teenage girl wants to buy.

When Misty "lived" with her parents she sometimes had to sleep in cars, go hungry, et al. It was no life. There was more security when she lived with Granny Hollors, but by that time Misty was ruined. When she got in with the Cummings she felt she had found her family and felt secure. (I know that Ron threw her out that time, but he took her back.)

I believe Misty thought this was a great improvement over life with her parents, and she totally embraced it.:twocents: FWIW

I agree 100% with your thoughts. I also see two different people when viewing Misty on these tapes. I clearly see a very young girl like personality, that is whiny, scared, and using her little girl voice to get daddy to help or believe her. Then I see this hard core, smug, sexy, outwit you at your own game, kind of personality when she is with Ron. I look at the videos of her with Ron in the beginning of the case, then the ones in the car with Ron or the UC agent and compare them to this girl we see in jail talking to her dad, and it just makes you shake your head.

ITA. i can't understand why some think misty was "enslaved" by the cummings. she was the part of the couple that took care of the home and the kids and RC was the part of the couple that provided. and he did a better job of it than her own parents had ever done. this is not enslavement. she was getting just as much out of the arrangement as she was giving. and could have left at any time as proven by her trip to tennessee. i personally believe she was 'ruined' long before she ever met the cummings and was already plent street smart.

ITA. i can't understand why some think misty was "enslaved" by the cummings. she was the part of the couple that took care of the home and the kids and RC was the part of the couple that provided. and he did a better job of it than her own parents had ever done. this is not enslavement. she was getting just as much out of the arrangement as she was giving. and could have left at any time as proven by her trip to tennessee. i personally believe she was 'ruined' long before she ever met the cummings and was already plent street smart.

oozer, Respectfully, I never said "enslaved" I said embraced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back