Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    There are only 275 students in this school, with a 12 students per teacher ratio.
    It's a k-8 school.

http://www.trulia.com/schools/OR-Por...entary_School/
    My Opinion Only..MOO

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yosande For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yosande View Post
    There are only 275 students in this school, with a 12 students per teacher ratio.
    It's a k-8 school.

http://www.trulia.com/schools/OR-Por...entary_School/
    You would think they would be able to contact parents when their kids are absent. The school my daughter went to had the secretary call the parents if they hadn't heard from them. You don't need an autodialer for that few of children.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:

Hopefully the police have learned far more than we have...

New teachers, aides, cafeteria workers or custodians etc. at school? Are all accounted for? Have all been contacted?
    Teachers see anyone they didn't recognize at Science Fair?
    Is Kyron learning disabled in anyway or does he have any physical/mental issue that would cause him to go into a daze and wander off?

Was there a custody battle about to hit and someone was enlisted to pick up Kyron?
    Where does the birth mother live? What is her situation?

I would far rather this was a custody thing, I can't stand the thought of the little one hurt or with someone who would hurt him.

I agree, has every closet and cubbyhole in that school been checked.
    Dumpster (oh gads)

Please God be with Kyron and bring him home safely.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    W

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrinkles For This Useful Post:

I don't know why but I just think he is still in the school. I hope I am wrong and this is just a little misunderstanding about someone picking him up and taking him home to spend the night with a friend.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:

Anyone know if this childs' belongings were found in his classroom or not? Bookbag, lunch, jacket, etc?
    I hope they worked the K9's from his classroom.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JustToSeeYouSmile For This Useful Post:

I can't judge this school too quickly. All three of my kids' schools have a policy of calling the parents when a child isn't there and all three have had an incident where I wasn't called.

1) high school - my son had been very sick for a few days, I had called the first 3 days and on the third mentioned that we were going to the doctor. On the 4th day we slept and I forgot, but no one called me b/c I had been speaking with the attendance secretary every day and she just figured he was still sick.

2) middle school - similar to this situation. End of school, crazy day with parents in and out, exams over and it was just the fun stuff like the talent show, etc. LOTS of middle schoolers not attending these days. He wasn't there and they didn't call b/c it was about half the middle school they would have had to call.

3) elementary - they normally call but my DD was sick and I forgot to call - same day they took a child by ambulance from the school. The nurse was dealing with that and never got around to her calls to the parents.

I can see how at the end of the year the routines are not as, well, routine. Yes, someone could take advantage of that, but it would have to be someone who knew the situation. In that case it is probably an "inside job" and a person who would also have many other opportunities just b/c of their knowledge of the school.

Let's find this baby and figure out what happened before we put the step-mom or the school nurse in jail!
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

Hard to believe 12 children to a teacher and noone can confirm he was in class.

Any construction projects at the school?
    Who dismantles the science projects?
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

better picture of his science project.. looks like they set them up in the classroom..

The sun is just rising here, I'm praying he is found safe and warm!

[IMG][/IMG]

(same picture that is on news chan 8 except they cropped it)

Me too. What a cute little guy. I'm hoping he ran out to find a real life frog and got lost, but am not liking how long he's been missing.
    Does anyone have any links to a conflict of any sort that occurred that morning (with other students, teacher, etc) that he may have encountered that upset him?

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JustToSeeYouSmile For This Useful Post:

Local news just came on, showing people searching... High grass, areas with blackberry growth, and wooded areas need searched. Kyron is wearing the t-shirt in picture, cargo pants and tennis shoes.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freefallzzzz View Post
    Local news just came on, showing people searching... High grass, areas with blackberry growth, and wooded areas need searched. Kyron is wearing the t-shirt in picture, cargo pants and tennis shoes.
    Seems likely then that he left his jacket, backpack, etc behind and went outside after leaving his stepmom, but before class began. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Glad to hear search teams are in high gear. Think like a 7 yr old, guys!

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustToSeeYouSmile For This Useful Post:

What an industrious little guy - his science project is awesome! I bet he was proud of himself.

Were the science projects dismantled? Did mom take his project home?
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

I think that the science fair was ongoing in each classroom?
    Kyron seems like he likes science. Going from his picture of his smiling, happy face in front of his science project.

I think the time period he went missing is from 8:30am to 10:00am?
    Maybe he went to other classrooms to look at other science fair exhibits.
    I hope LE is talking to his classmates and other children.
    Did he go out to play on the playground?
    Are there 'forbidden' areas near the playground?
    (I say this because my 7 yr old granddaughter likes to talk about the fact that they are not allowed near the 'swampy' area.) It just makes it more enticing to them.)

Who is his best friend? Who sits next to him at school?
    What has his conversation been about?

Hoping Kyron is found soon!
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Good morning y'all. I just read through and caught up on this case.

This is an odd one huh?

I can also see how the school would be overwhelmed with a day like yesterday. IMO anytime there are special programs or things parents can attend, you have a lot of parents that take the children home after the event. It's very hard for the school to keep up with it if the parents don't use the sign out sheet.

I just can't imagine where he could be. I noticed a few mentions on the thread that the mom lives out of the area and a few are thinking this may in fact be a custody thing. Has anybody found any info on the mom? I'm not blameing her but it would be great to find out she knew about the program and thought it would be a great oppurtunity to pick him up from the school without really being noticed. But then I see the report that says she is on her way to the area. Does anybody know how far away she lives?

I am praying this child is found safe soon.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Let's hope he's just a nature kid like Nadia and went exploring before class, got confused and lost like she did. Maybe he wanted to add something else to his project and wandered into the treed area trying to find it. Looks like a heavily wooded area and look how long it took to find Nadia. I want to push some positive energy out there that he will turn up today with nothing more than some bug bites.

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Reality Orlando For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast