Four year old boy falls 7 stories from balcony and only has bruises and scratches.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linky

:eek:

story.fl.boy.fall.wsvn.jpg

Boy survives 7-story fall

By the CNN Wire Staff
June 4, 2010 8:43 p.m. EDT

Miami, Florida -- A 4-year-old Florida boy has survived a 7-story fall from from his family's Miami apartment residence on the 17th floor, police said.

Police said the boy's family was at home when he wandered off at about 11 a.m. and managed to open the sliding door to the balcony. The boy then tumbled onto a pool area on the 10th floor, his fall partly cushioned by some palm trees. He bounced off the trees and finally landed on a soft pile of dirt and bushes, suffering only scratches and bruises from the 70-foot drop, police said.

The boy was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he remained in stable condition Friday evening.

The incident is considered an accident, and the adults in the home do not face criminal charges.

That kid is damn lucky. How the hell does something like this happen? :waitasec:

I bet he never does it again though. :eek:

I saw this yesterday on my local news right after it happened. Only thing I can sayis the kids age is what saved his life - he was young enough that his bones were still "soft" and he bounced.

I also heard his poor mother collapsed and they had to have 2 ambulances. Can you imagine seeing your 4 yr old go off the balconey on the 17th floor? OMG. Poor thing - they said she was a mess - I'll bet.

Wow, So glad the kid is okay! I would probably have collapsed too, poor momma.

We're on the third floor and our son falling off the balcony has always been a fear of mine. We used to have tables and chairs out there but I'm too scared to keep anything out that he could climb up on.

I saw this yesterday on my local news right after it happened. Only thing I can sayis the kids age is what saved his life - he was young enough that his bones were still "soft" and he bounced.

I also heard his poor mother collapsed and they had to have 2 ambulances. Can you imagine seeing your 4 yr old go off the balconey on the 17th floor? OMG. Poor thing - they said she was a mess - I'll bet.

If you've ever had a kitten you'd see that young animals are often made of rubber. It's amazing what kittens can survive. I think they use up four lives in the first year. :eek:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back