Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJyGioxzDAw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

"My daughter resisted," Flores told the AP. "Under the fingernails of my daughter there are traces, evidence. That's why they didn't permit her cremation." Flores said he expected her to be exhumed for DNA testing, and Tejada said that was likely.

http:///news/world/2010/06/06/moist-eyed_dutch_murder_suspect_interrogated

This doesn't make sense to me, why not just get all the DNA right away. She was found murdered - wouldn't there be a protocol for collecting DNA? Or maybe something was lost in translation?

I think that she is carrying a small change purse in her right hand...

Thanks Bean for the new thread and that video. We'll probably refer to it a zillion times.

I hope Stephany's mom is doing better as time goes on. And thinking of her brother's words today I think the family is starting to heal. He said he thinks his sister is thankful they caught this man and that she is in someway helping the family heal.

I took that to mean when they think of her they would know what she would be saying, holding each of them with a hug and that she is happy and in a good place and will always be a part of them. It is what I hope for their family. IMO xox

Van der Sloot is wearing a white, long-sleeved button-down shirt and jeans in the video. Flores wears a dark sleeveless T-shirt and jeans and has her hair up.

Can you guys pls help me out with the timeline a bit?When was this video shot?On Sunday?What time?And her body was found Wednesday?Thanks so much.

'

1. His face when he sort of flings the key is diabolical. Like he knows he's going to get some or kill some.

2. The way she keeps her head down in every frame is reminiscent of someone who is not pleased with what they're about to do or is ashamed of their actions. I think she knew she shouldn't have been going into a hotel room with him.

3. His face when he walks out of the room is strange for someone who may have just killed someone. He seems like he is quietly slinking off, like he doesn't want to wake anyone.

Just my observation. What a strange young man. Fascinating case.

This doesn't make sense to me, why not just get all the DNA right away. She was found murdered - wouldn't there be a protocol for collecting DNA? Or maybe something was lost in translation?

I don't take it literally due to the finesse of translating. We know she had an autopsy and the results will most likely come out this week.

The ME put allot of thought into the autopsy IMO, giving his professional opinion in explaining how the trauma happened to the back of her head - from what I took as her head hit the corner of that bed with a great force to cause the injuries. I'm not worried about the evidence. What ME would put that much thought into an autopsy and not scrape under the fingernails? IMO

PS: Taking Joran's size as almost double hers, I could easily see his anger vent in the throwing of her body where her head hit the corner of the bed and she landed on her back with her knees against the wall. It makes sense to me. That would be the right side of the bed in the photo, right, as the table is on the left? Too bad the photo we have of the room is not very good.

Also about the clip... I wish they did not slow him walking out of the lobby down. He looked like he was rushing out of there but then it slows down.

I also think that she knew him for more than a couple hours. I too think that she has been to that room before..They seem to casual...Didn't her and her father get into an arguement on Friday,?? and he reported her missing when??..I thought that I read that he reported her missing Friday...That makes no sense, if true.. She's an adult !!.. I think that they met much earlier than a couple hours... IMHO. Maybe they both talked of being from prominent families.. Joran got the idea of extortion in his head again...this time, a kidnapping... He drugged her before they left and made her feel dizzy... It was late and she had nowhere to go...Joran, offered a place to crash...Obviously he can charm his way for alot of things.. With Stephany feeling dazed and confused she accepted... He thought he could OD her, but she wouldn't drink the coffee... I say that cuz I think the coffee thing happened much earlier...Thats why we don't see the tapes yet.. everything else we have been told has veried far from the truth..

Also about the clip... I wish they did not slow him walking out of the lobby down. He looked like he was rushing out of there but then it slows down.

Whole video looks a little slow to me which is great for detail but makes all there movements look odd.

Can you guys pls help me out with the timeline a bit?When was this video shot?On Sunday?What time?And her body was found Wednesday?Thanks so much.
I heard on some video the pics of them going into the room was about 5am. And it was about 3 1/2 hours later when Joran made his exit in the striped shirt.

Right now we're hearing several different times which I think is normal in any murder case at the beginning. In fact I read today that LE has said TOD could be from 5 to 9:30am when Joran left. Who knows right now, but it should gel pretty soon. At least we are learning lots of details about what went on. Ya Ya

From what I have heard the first part of the video was Sun morning around 5AM and the part of him leaving is 8:45am Sun. And yes, the body found Wed, not sure what time.

I am still trying to catch up on thread 3 but wanted to go ahead and ask this, Why was JVS never arrested for the human trafficking/prostitotion thing in Thailand? Everyone is screaming that this would not have happened had the FBI arrested him for extortion, well the same can be said about the trafficking, why was he not arrested when he was caught on tape?
This monster has gotten off for way to long/ I am glad he is finally going to be off the street, however I do have to say I'm not happy with the conditions of the prison, I never think that torture is okay, I do beleive in an eye for an eye though so if he is found guilty he should face eath, not turtore in aprison where you are starved and raped and have rats and cockroaches and aid and other diseases. I know its not a popular opinion but come on uys we are better than wishing someone to be tortured for 30 years.

I also think that she knew him for more than a couple hours. I too think that she has been to that room before..They seem to casual...Didn't her and her father get into an arguement on Friday,?? and he reported her missing when??..I thought that I read that he reported her missing Friday...That makes no sense, if true.. She's an adult !!.. I think that they met much earlier than a couple hours... IMHO. Maybe they both talked of being from prominent families.. Joran got the idea of extortion in his head again...this time, a kidnapping... He drugged her before they left and made her feel dizzy... It was late and she had nowhere to go...Joran, offered a place to crash...Obviously he can charm his way for alot of things.. With Stephany feeling dazed and confused she accepted... He thought he could OD her, but she wouldn't drink the coffee... I say that cuz I think the coffee thing happened much earlier...Thats why we don't see the tapes yet.. everything else we have been told has veried far from the truth..

Good theory, I think she was alive too when he went to get the coffee and the fight happened right before he left because he didn't seem to do much cover-up.

I'm really leaning towards a faked kidnapping...Even her father said that..and why would Joran drop the vehicle somewhere if he was running...I would think he would of kept it and kept going out of the country.. Heck, they discovered the vehicle before they found her body... or so I read...with lots of salt...

SBM
...Too bad the photo we have of the room is not very good...

Do you have quick access to this photo and, if so, would you please bring it over to this thread? Thank you in advance!

I am still trying to catch up on thread 3 but wanted to go ahead and ask this, Why was JVS never arrested for the human trafficking/prostitotion thing in Thailand? Everyone is screaming that this would not have happened had the FBI arrested him for extortion, well the same can be said about the trafficking, why was he not arrested when he was caught on tape?
This monster has gotten off for way to long/ I am glad he is finally going to be off the street, however I do have to say I'm not happy with the conditions of the prison, I never think that torture is okay, I do believe in an eye for an eye though so if he is found guilty he should face eath, not turtore in aprison where you are starved and raped and have rats and cockroaches and aid and other diseases. I know its not a popular opinion but come on uys we are better than wishing someone to be tortured for 30 years.

I sort of agree, he deserves the DP but those prisons look so inhumane. Maybe that is why their max sentience is only 35 years. Our prisons here in the states have gotten too plush IMO but theirs are unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni