949 users online (192 members and 757 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fourteen Years Ago Today

It's been 14 years today since the boys were killed. I hope Darlie is thinking of what could have been. BTW, there will be a new show on the Routier case on Friday, June 12 on Investigation Discovery Cold Blood. It is on at 9pm eastern. The promo clip shows Toby Shook talking about how much DNA testing they did. Hope there are some other new interviews and not just a re-hash of the old ones.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I can't believe it's been so long already. I have followed this one from the beginning. RIP Devon and Damon.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    14 years...
    What would Devon and Damon be like today if Darlie hadn't murdered them. So much hope and promise in these youngsters and now nothing. How sad.
    There sits Darlie on death row still. How many more years before she meets the fate she created for herself and the final justice chapter be written for Devon and Damon.
    Thank you Crow Ascending for this thread.
    I hope I remember to watch on June 12th and I would love to learn something new as well.
    Continue to rest in peace Devon and Damon.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Gosh they would be soon graduating high school and thinking about college plans ... do I have that right?

RIP boys.

I can't believe this case has gone on so long. May the children Rest in Peace. I hope we can get some closure on Darlie soon.

Thanks for the update on the show. I will try to tune in.

Goz

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Wow...I can't believe it has been 14 years. Thanks for the reminder as well as the info on the show. RIP Devon & Damon.

Just this past weekend I was watching my 4 1/2 year old son playing the WII and for some reason I thought of Damon, Devon and DARLIE. Even after all the years and everything I have read or watched, it is still hard for me to comprehend how a Mother could murder their own children. But it happens all the time. Sadly, it seems to me that we are either breeding an extremely large amount of selfish people or there is ALLOT of mental disease not being taken care of . Either way something needs to change. Our children need to be protected not used as means of revenge against someone who has been wronged.

IMO Darlie was extremely PO'D at Darin, she was unstable because of her depression and the diet pills. She was losing CONTROL over everything in her life including her man who made the money. However I do not believe she was mentally unstable. I believe she was just a very selfish individual who decided that life just wasn't going the way it was suppose to for her so......she had to do something about it. I believe it was a combo of revenge toward Darin but sadly a relief from taking care of three growing boys...one I guess was "do-able" for her.
    WhityWendy - Carolina Girl

Truth is the cry of all, but the game of few - George Bishop Berkeley

At the time they were killed, Damon was 5 and Devon was just a week or so from turning 7.

Quote Originally Posted by whitywendy View Post
    Just this past weekend I was watching my 4 1/2 year old son playing the WII and for some reason I thought of Damon, Devon and DARLIE. Even after all the years and everything I have read or watched, it is still hard for me to comprehend how a Mother could murder their own children. But it happens all the time. Sadly, it seems to me that we are either breeding an extremely large amount of selfish people or there is ALLOT of mental disease not being taken care of . Either way something needs to change. Our children need to be protected not used as means of revenge against someone who has been wronged.

IMO Darlie was extremely PO'D at Darin, she was unstable because of her depression and the diet pills. She was losing CONTROL over everything in her life including her man who made the money. However I do not believe she was mentally unstable. I believe she was just a very selfish individual who decided that life just wasn't going the way it was suppose to for her so......she had to do something about it. I believe it was a combo of revenge toward Darin but sadly a relief from taking care of three growing boys...one I guess was "do-able" for her.
    Oh Wendy, can you tape that show for me please? I'd be ever so grateful. I don't get it in Canada.

It's so hard for me to believe it's been that long. What would those boys have become? Going to college, playing football, going on dates..bugging Darin for the car keys. What a waste...a terrible waste of lives, Darlie's included.

I read an article on the weekend that said that when children are killed by a parent, their mother, it's usually because they stood in the way of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_Ascending View Post
    It's been 14 years today since the boys were killed. I hope Darlie is thinking of what could have been. BTW, there will be a new show on the Routier case on Friday, June 12 on Investigation Discovery Cold Blood. It is on at 9pm eastern. The promo clip shows Toby Shook talking about how much DNA testing they did. Hope there are some other new interviews and not just a re-hash of the old ones.
    I checked out the program on Discovery and I realize I've seen it before, I think. It played here in Canada several years ago and I have it taped. It was entitled "Family Ties" so it must be the same program.

If I am correct, it blames Darin for the murders--but it's just Brian Pardo, that crazy millionaire and not LE.

So Cami - I assume you don't need to me to record. Let me know because I asked me husband to bring the VCR out of our bedroom so I could record it for you. I have it on reminder so unless one of the kids are sitting in front of the TV right before 9pm, I should not miss it. Is this the same show you sent to me?
    WhityWendy - Carolina Girl

Truth is the cry of all, but the game of few - George Bishop Berkeley

Dont record for me, but please do put a reminder on this forum that day. I check this every day for new posts. I am afraid I will forget, and I don't know if I've seen this one before.
    Thanks

14 years is a very long time, but to Darlie it is not long enough. I am okay with the fact that she will never be released. I am at peace to know, she will spend the rest of her life flapping her jaws at any camera that wants the story. At this point, I am happy to know she rots in jail, while life goes on for the rest of us. If you know Darlie, she is trying to figure out another way to get back in the limelight. She is no Casey Anthony anymore. She isn't Joran Van Der Sloot. She is sitting in her cell right now, trying to figure out something to get the cameras back on her. She isn't thinking about the boys she murdered. She only wants attention. I am at peace that the boys are happy in heaven, and looking down on her with pity.
    http://kimmysharinglight.com/

Many people can talk the talk, some people really know how to walk the walk, but it is a rare few who get to dance the dance!

ઇઉ Kimmy aka Cassata

The episode listed is titled 'Family Secrets' and shows an original airdate of 6/11/2010. Why I think (thought) this was a new episode is that I've never seen any of the programs about Darlie that had Toby Shook discussing DNA testing. I hope it is new - we'll just have to wait and see.

Watching the Discovery ID "Family Secrets" and searched for Darlene Routier here. She's the one that threw a birthday party at a grave, isn't she?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast