Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

Part #1 - [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106082"]OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm moving my last post over since new thread started.

Just thinking about 911 calls and how the perp usually establishes their "aliby" right away. It would be nice if we could hear the 911 call made. I'm not indicating stepmom but we also at this point can't rule anyone out.

I watched him walk towards his classroom and left statement could be something to think about though.

I find it strange that she is posting on FB but still has daughters picture up and not one of missing stepson she raised from infancy. Maybe she just hasn't thought to change that, but if my son or stepson were missing, I really don't think I would even be thinking about or having the time or energy to be posting on FB in the first few days :twocents:

I have to say that I am becoming more and more suspicious of the step mom. I scrolled through some of her FB pictures and although I am not sure what it is about them, there is just something that rubs me the wrong way.

I'm having a hard time seeing this as a "stranger abduction." My daughter attends a very small school as well (less than 250 children) and everybody knows everybody. There are many school events throughout the year that are well attended by everybody (including things like science fairs) and it would be very, very difficult for a stranger to not be noticed. Very difficult. Besides that, abductors do not typically invade a close-knit, well attended school activity in order to randomly select a child to abduct - they abduct the child who has been separated from the crowd or who is momentarily alone and unattended by adults. The school hallway is an extremely unlikely place for a complete random stranger to infiltrate and abduct a child.

If he didn't wander off, they need to look at the usual suspects - parents, school employees, volunteers, other children. If he was lured outside and taken, I think he knew the person.

As a former teacher at a smaller school than that one and at slightly larger than Skyline as well, I can tell you with 100% certainty with all of those people coming and going, there were plenty of "strangers" to people there. As a teacher, I certainly did not know all of the relatives. A "grandpa" could have shown up for the first time that day or an "aunt". Seriously, who would know the difference. Although 8:45 would impede into most people's work days, so it would be interesting to know how many people were there.

I have seen children going to a bathroom by themselves many times in a school. No one else around except me because I had a student teacher and ran to the bathroom myself.

And this was not an ordinary day-people had been wandering in and out all morning. Schools need better security, especially for these kind of events.

I also have to add that my daughter worked for years with sex offenders (the civilly committed ones). She said that they will do anything. They will come into your kitchen while you are sitting in your living room to take a child. Predatory child sex offenders are crazy. That's why they get to be civilly committed after they serve their sentence.

It is their goal and obsession in life.

Only what's on FB. She says that she will tell more when she's able to, and that the media has it all wrong, so don't believe what you read. Also, today, she says that she's going to have 1000 fliers delivered to her home, and that friends can come by and pick them up to distribute.

That's basically it.

That's the step-mom's quotes, right? I am wondering if his bio-mom(and/or dad) has made any statements.

It is natural to look at the step mother. I am sure LE is doing that, too. But unless she is seriously whacked out, which I see no signs of (although it would be up to her family and friends to determine if she has had any unusual behavior). I am thinking it might have been an older child that lured him out of the building but they would have found something by now. I am also concerned that they covered every inch of the school buildings, including the basement if there is one. It does not seem like a crime of opportunity by a stranger but of course that is always a possibility, too. I think LE is looking at all possibilities here. If it were the step mother involved I would be as shocked as I ever was on here. I should be shock proof by now but I am not.

I have to say that I am becoming more and more suspicious of the step mom. I scrolled through some of her FB pictures and although I am not sure what it is about them, there is just something that rubs me the wrong way.

I wish I could see it. You have to be a member of facebook to view it, right? I still haven't heard where the toddler daughter was that morning?

I've never had a missing child so I don't know the protocol of how to act. But if I was told to sit back and wait, why not get the news out using the net. Now with her not changing the pic, maybe she logs on to quickly get stuff put out there. Or is she using her cell?? Maybe she hasn't even been on a computer with the pics.

I don't see any reason why she would plan this.
I'm thinking he ran into someone he knows, well enough to go with them, either help get something out of car, or it can be anything. This scares me so much, with having kids. They believe anything.
With him missing now for three days, I'm thinking abduction. I'm usually wrong about anything I ever think. So maybe he did wander off.

I agree -Also I wish there was a time stamp on the photo that she took of Kyron at the science fair. There was no one in the back ground- not busy at all if it was a time that all parents and relatives could be there.

Also the step mother just had her own child - maybe she just wanted to care for her own child and not Kyron?
I am not trying to be accusing - just setting ideas out there to think about.

I'm not ready to post about the SM's strange behavior yet. We are still in the early stages of Kyron going missing. Unless there is some glaring issue with the family, I'm going to keep my mind very broad in what could have happened. However, the last person to see a missing child is always something to remember.

I'm also hoping that this isn't going to be a case like Elizabeth Olten's. That's another thought. :( Or did he wander away? There was a child that went missing in southern Oregon not long ago whose name escapes me right now, but everyone was sure they wouldn't wander off and sure enough, the child was found in the woods not far from the family home and DID wander off.

I've never had a missing child so I don't know the protocol of how to act. But if I was told to sit back and wait, why not get the news out using the net. Now with her not changing the pic, maybe she logs on to quickly get stuff put out there. Or is she using her cell?? Maybe she hasn't even been on a computer with the pics.

I don't see any reason why she would plan this.
I'm thinking he ran into someone he knows, well enough to go with them, either help get something out of car, or it can be anything. This scares me so much, with having kids. They believe anything.
With him missing now for three days, I'm thinking abduction. I'm usually wrong about anything I ever think. So maybe he did wander off.

She posted a photo of him standing by his science project that day.

Wonder why she would write more than once on her page, not to believe what you hear in media? What are we hearing that she would not want us to believe?

In the pic of him standing in front of his tree frog you can see a child and a parent in the background.

I'm not ready to post about the SM's strange behavior yet. We are still in the early stages of Kyron going missing. Unless there is some glaring issue with the family, I'm going to keep my mind very broad in what could have happened. However, the last person to see a missing child is always something to remember.

I'm also hoping that this isn't going to be a case like Elizabeth Olten's. That's another thought. :( Or did he wander away? There was a child that went missing in southern Oregon not long ago whose name escapes me right now, but everyone was sure they wouldn't wander off and sure enough, the child was found in the woods not far from the family home and DID wander off.

Nadia Bloom

I wonder where the toddler girl was, too. And did she go with Terri on her errands that day? What errands did she run (stores, post office, places that would have video surveillance) and was it immediately after she dropped Kyron off?

Wonder why she would write more than once on her page, not to believe what you hear in media? What are we hearing that she would not want us to believe?

I've been wondering about that myself. It's not like we've heard anything anyway. Child dropped off in hallway outside classroom and vanished without a trace. When you boil it down, that's all we've heard.

Edited to add: Maybe she's trying to head off what we're going to hear in the media (skeletons?) before we hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni