TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #4

I would love this question answered: The tip about the tattoos, could it have come from the same person who made the phone call to Deanna's sister? This person seems to not be believed or viewed in a positive manner by Deanna's family and I'm wondering if he/she was obsessed with Deanna in some way. :waitasec:

youngdeanna.jpg
deanna.jpg

Anyone with information in this case is asked to contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST) or the Killeen Police Department at 254-501-8830.

Just some random thoughts:

1) Re: the 1995 sighting. Normally people's names/dates of birth are run through the system because of a traffic stop, right? So a) has Sgt. D. checked to see whether Deanna has a driver's license? I would think he would have checked into that, but it's worth a second look, right? b)If she doesn't, that means she could have either been stopped in the street or was a passenger in someone's car. of course there's always c) she witnessed an accident or something.

2) A formal investigation wasn't launched until 2007 or thereabouts, correct? Is it possible that sometime in her adult working life Deanna may have been a victim of identity theft thus requiring a social security number change? (identity theft wasn't that prevalent in the 1990s, but since the formal investigation didn't begin until 2007 or so, there are a few years beforehand where this could have happened and a SS number change was required) Do they even change SS numbers because of identity theft? Or forget identity theft, maybe something happened to her that necessitated a SS number change.

3) What if Deanna applied for a new social security number even though she already had one? She was young, and maybe didn't even know she had a social security number. in the early 1990s their records can't have been totally on computer.

I just think these things are key. driver's license/social security number. who knows, there might have been people in these offices who helped Deanna out with a new identity. You just never know.
Thanks

It is entirely possible that it was that same person. Since the call was made from a payphone, there is no way of knowing who it really was.

I would love this question answered: The tip about the tattoos, could it have come from the same person who made the phone call to Deanna's sister? This person seems to not be believed or viewed in a positive manner by Deanna's family and I'm wondering if he/she was obsessed with Deanna in some way. :waitasec:

Thank you, I was going to bring this over, but you beat me to it.

1. We do not know what the 1995 sighting was--either Sgt D does not know or will not tell Missie.

2. This may be true, we just do not know. Sgt D keeps alot close to the vest, from what I understand.

3. I am thinking that this is exactly what she did.

I think a search was done for drivers license with her name, but again LE just does not seem to give Missie alot of info. It is frustrating!

Just some random thoughts:

1) Re: the 1995 sighting. Normally people's names/dates of birth are run through the system because of a traffic stop, right? So a) has Sgt. D. checked to see whether Deanna has a driver's license? I would think he would have checked into that, but it's worth a second look, right? b)If she doesn't, that means she could have either been stopped in the street or was a passenger in someone's car. of course there's always c) she witnessed an accident or something.

2) A formal investigation wasn't launched until 2007 or thereabouts, correct? Is it possible that sometime in her adult working life Deanna may have been a victim of identity theft thus requiring a social security number change? (identity theft wasn't that prevalent in the 1990s, but since the formal investigation didn't begin until 2007 or so, there are a few years beforehand where this could have happened and a SS number change was required) Do they even change SS numbers because of identity theft? Or forget identity theft, maybe something happened to her that necessitated a SS number change.

3) What if Deanna applied for a new social security number even though she already had one? She was young, and maybe didn't even know she had a social security number. in the early 1990s their records can't have been totally on computer.

I just think these things are key. driver's license/social security number. who knows, there might have been people in these offices who helped Deanna out with a new identity. You just never know.
Thanks

Sgt. D told us he did do a drivers license search and searched for activity on her SS number.
Wouldn't it show up on her old number if she requested a new number? I have no clue about how all that works but I would think it would have to have a note stating it is "deactivated" or something, right?

It actually may not show up if she got a new social security number, if it was under a new name. One of my natural sisters was apparently given a social security number when she went into the foster care system, but noone knew that. When she got her first job, she applied for a social and was given a number. Years later, she had to apply for social security benefits for her injured husband and found out she had two numbers. However, this happened in the 1970's. Deanna went missing in the 1990's, so social security had become more strict, so who knows?

Sgt. D told us he did do a drivers license search and searched for activity on her SS number.
Wouldn't it show up on her old number if she requested a new number? I have no clue about how all that works but I would think it would have to have a note stating it is "deactivated" or something, right?

Ugh, there has GOT to be a paper trail somewhere, it's just a matter of figuring out where it is!

Hi Missie - Jules asked me to give you guys a hand with searching for the paper trail so I will be joining in early this week to see how I can help.

hang in there! I know patience is hard.... I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Cubby

If Deanna didn't know her original social security number than it wouldn't show up that she had changed it. IMO

I don't know of a lot of teens that know theirs. Not until they start applying for jobs.

I agree!
If Deanna didn't know her original social security number than it wouldn't show up that she had changed it. IMO

I don't know of a lot of teens that know theirs. Not until they start applying for jobs.

I read the threads on this case last night - I'd like to help find Deanna.

Regarding the 1995 blip on the radar:

Is there a specific date for when LE ran her name/birthdate? Or even a range of months, like winter 1995 or something?

If we knew a date/range, we might be able to cross-reference it with news reports from the area. Maybe there’s a news story with a line like “the accident had two witnesses.” If we know who the primaries were in the accident, we might be able to track them down, contact them, and see if they remember Deanna. It’s a long shot, but someone might remember, especially if Deanna was there during a crucial point in their life.

Missie - I'd just like to say that I highly admire what you and your sisters have done to find your sister. Your persistence and faith are inspiring. :)

Thanks for your interest LYS. As someone who has gotten to know Missie, it makes me so sad...she truly loves Deanna, and I know that Bekki does too, and they just want to know what happened to her, and that she is alive and okay. I know how sad and frustrated they are not to have any answers....

Regarding the 1995 blip on the radar--Le has not given us any indication of when it was, and perhaps they do not know either---maybe her name was just run through the system for some reason.

Is there a specific date for when LE ran her name/birthdate? Or even a range of months, like winter 1995 or something?

If we knew a date/range, we might be able to cross-reference it with news reports from the area. Maybe there’s a news story with a line like “the accident had two witnesses.” If we know who the primaries were in the accident, we might be able to track them down, contact them, and see if they remember Deanna. It’s a long shot, but someone might remember, especially if Deanna was there during a crucial point in their life.

Missie - I'd just like to say that I highly admire what you and your sisters have done to find your sister. Your persistence and faith are inspiring. :)

What a good idea! :idea:

Can Missie request information on this through the freedom of information act?

Oh Missie - I so, so, so hope this story generates some strong, new leads!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back