Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I do not think harshness or blame on the school is the point right now; we do not kow for sure that a teacher did not think, even if in error, that stepmother had said he had an appointment of some kind. The fact that LE did not discount this makes me think there is at least something to it. They could easliy have said no, no appointment of any kind. Or maybe Kyron thought he had an appointment and went and waited by door and got into wrong car, for all we know. I just don't have enough info to blame the school. It sounds to me like a small, caring school where people know one another and maybe they made a big mistake but we do not know that yet.

I too feel that LE knows much, much more and that they don't think they will find him easily or quickly, unless they obtain a confession. Perhaps the profiler can help with that end of things, advise LE on how to approch a possible suspect to get them to respond. I also do not believe that FBI would be involved if LE knew where Kyron was and it was a matter of him not wanting to go home.

I so hope I am wrong, but fear they will be doing recovery instead of rescue before long...
    NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!! LOOK AT NADIA!!!! LE was about to give up on Nadia and she was found many days later and they didnt know if she was abducted, wandered off and her mom with a new born was the last to see her. So Dont give up hope... Miricles happen every day!
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Guess I'm wondering what anyone expects him to do once he finds out - worry is about it! He's away having a good time for the weekend with his dad - honest, I would not take the time to upset him, especially since there are so few answers. moo mho and all that stuff!
    Another poster said it and I agree. What does the step brother know? Anything Kyron might have told him that Kyron wouldn't necessarily tell the parents?

Any insights that boy might have at all?

sleuthy sleutherson is offline Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious, boastful, arrogant or rude
    I am really not liking the statement we just can't confirm this was an abduction and they haven't ruled out any POI, what is going on here? It's been 2.5 days, where is this little boy? I feel for him and hope he is returned safely. I don't disagree with letting the kids go back to school tomorrow as long as it has been searched from top to bottom, inside and out and they are sure there is no evidence left behind that could be destroyed. I must go to bed and stop, I just feel too many things are not being said and there is a little boy missing and it bothers me. Bring Kyron home, that is all that matters, poor little guy, I pray he is unharmed.
    Our lives begin to end the day we become
    silent about things that matter

I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy."
    I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible,
    to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter:
    to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sleuthy sleutherson For This Useful Post:

I think we might be making errors by assuming that we know everything about the step mother's account of the morning. There may very well be any number of parents who spoke to her in the parking lot as she was leaving the school ALONE. There may be a group who went to Starbucks together for all we know (the moms at my kid's schools do that all the time after such events...coffee, lunch depending on the time of day). She may have gone straight to a friend's house, or to a hair appointment, or to get her nails done....any number of things that the media does not know about or report.

FWIW....one of the comments on her Facebook page tells a friend not to do a media contact until she checks with "the detective" first to get approval. To me that shows that LE has someone guiding every move that the family is making.

jmoo

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Off topic: Blackhawks won another - one more and the cup comes to Chicago. Chicago is rocking tonight! Now - back to this sweet missing child, Kyron!
    being a bruins fan i would be remiss to mention the flyers arent dead yet

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    Definitely assisted by an adult (I have 5 kids and have helped with at least 25 science fair projects) but I don't see it as a control issue. Its neat and tidy but definitely not over done for the age group imo. In the early days my kids had to do everything by hand, nowadays we print it all out on computer.
    Kyron's SM commented on FB, that she helped him, mostly with the laminating and verbal instructions. Looks like they had a lot of fun creating it. She notes that the "water" is FLARP - a noisy silly putty. I have never heard of FLARP before but it sounds interesting.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cilene For This Useful Post:

I am shocked to see that people can just walk in and out of an elementary school. In my city in the public and private schools, all doors are locked and every single visitor is "vetted" by videocam and speaker before they are let inside (even on science and book fair days). Parents must call by 7:40 if your child will not be attending that day or the school calls you. If your child doesn't attend class and isn't on the master list of absentees, parents are immediately called. Kids can't skip school because they can't get out of the school without the office videotaping them. All the schools also have outside videocams just in case kids are smoking weed or whatever outside.

Can't do anything but pray in this case.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    I think that perhaps it is a good thing that they are having school tomorrow.

For one reason, to disrupt a child's routine can be quite traumatic by itself. And for another, it can give the FBI a chance to observe a somewhat "normal" day at the school. Check and see if any teachers, staff, or even older students are missing or acting oddly.

That being said, I would not blame a parent one bit for keeping their kids home.

ITA and kids are not stupid and if they don't continue a 'normal' routine and go about business as usual that will stress them out even more. They will naturally wonder why they are not going to school, especially just before summer break when they all are exited to be getting out and taking vacations and waterparks, etc. Counselors will know how to answer their questions. These kids do not need to feel unsafe in their day to day environment. Our neighbors house burned when my sister was in 1st grade and her best friend died. My parents couldn't be out of her sight until she was well into her teens and she still talks about the trauma. She was so scared it would happen to our family. These kids do not need to feel their parents (completely warranted, mind you) fear.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxson For This Useful Post:

I absolutely think we don't know the whole story... that's what bothers me. I think the FACTS may help find this child. I see no reason not to clarify those facts unless it would make no difference to recovering this child.

Also, that friend was simply going to put the missing child flier in a news publication. Just the flier. I cannot imagine any situation in which a detective would have to be consulted for that. Do they have to ask before they hand out every single flier, or put up every single one?? I can see asking before interviews... but just printing the flier itself... technically, anyone can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    I think we might be making errors by assuming that we know everything about the step mother's account of the morning.

FWIW....one of the comments on her Facebook page tells a friend not to do a media contact until she checks with "the detective" first to get approval. To me that shows that LE has someone guiding every move that the family is making.

jmoo

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

One of the fox 12 news anchors twitter (along with other stations news anchors here) just tweeted that Multnomah County Sheriff's says Kyron Horman case is being considered a missing endangered child.

http://twitter.com/AndrewPadula

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    As far as a press conference tonight... I have had the live feed up since 7:30pm Oregon time.... nothing but traffic cameras. I had hoped for maybe a 9pm one, thinking because of the debriefing at 6pm they might be delayed. But I have not seen anything yet. I am not sure what time the local news is there... obviously not 9pm, so I guess 10pm.

There is a new article: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ne...jy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I also agree that it seems as if they are treating this as a case in which they do not need much help for an endangered missing child. It reminds me of a case in which they already knew the outcome and they were just awaiting confirmation... I don't think that they believe there is a threat or abductor out there that took this child, so they are not worried about the other children. I also don't think they believe he wandered away since they have scaled back that search. All of that concerns me.
    From this article

The second-grader and his step-mom were at the school early Friday. She took him around the school to look at the various science fair projects. That step-mom says that at about 8:45 a.m. she left and saw Kyron apparently walking toward his classroom. Specifically, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton says he was last seen at the school's south entrance.

So he left his second floor classroom for what reason??????

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to human For This Useful Post:

Guess I'm wondering what anyone expects him to do once he finds out - worry is about it! He's away having a good time for the weekend with his dad - honest, I would not take the time to upset him, especially since there are so few answers. moo mho and all that stuff!

Yep and if he (Kyron) were found before brother comes home, brother doesn't have to experience the worst of it! Although it is not looking like that will happen.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxson For This Useful Post:

There are car accidents all over Portland right now... isn't it just rainy???

News starting in a few minutes...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

A new tweet says that LE isn't prepared to call it a kidnapping and that Kyron is an "endangered missing child".

He more or less said this at the news conference today. IMO

http://twitter.com/KATUMeghan
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Multnomah County sheriff Dan Staton said Kyron was last seen by a fellow student near his classroom by the south entrance of the school in the late morning hours of Friday.Kyron and his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, attended a school science fair that morning and she watched him walk to his classroom at about 8:45 a.m, deputies said.
    http://www.kptv.com/news/23811673/detail.html

29. The Following User Says Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

"Just in" from where? Did they release a statement? Mini press conference?? What?

Quote Originally Posted by freefallzzzz View Post
    One of the fox 12 news anchors twitter (along with other stations news anchors here) just tweeted that Multnomah County Sheriff's says Kyron Horman case is being considered a missing endangered child.

http://twitter.com/AndrewPadula
    What does that mean? I've seen that designation before but I don't understand the difference between it and just plain "missing." Is it less ominous than "kidnapped"?

Next press conference Monday at Noon.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    From this article

The second-grader and his step-mom were at the school early Friday. She took him around the school to look at the various science fair projects. That step-mom says that at about 8:45 a.m. she left and saw Kyron apparently walking toward his classroom. Specifically, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton says he was last seen at the school's south entrance.

So he left his second floor classroom for what reason??????
    That is just more information that has not been shared....was the library open for kids before school to read or check out books, or the gym for games, or the computer room, or were there cookies and punch being served in the cafeteria for the guests at the event, were there kids outside on the playground waiting for the bell to ring.....any of these things could be the normal types of activities going on during various events at my kids schools.

jmoo

Next press conference Monday at Noon.
    Kudos to LE for keeping the public updated.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

The news just said that Terri's facebook page "mentions a family pet that is also missing young Kyron." LOL Apparently they also think that cats can get hugs and read books on his bed! Oh my... (his little sister's nickname is Kitty..)

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    Multnomah County sheriff Dan Staton said Kyron was last seen by a fellow student near his classroom by the south entrance of the school in the late morning hours of Friday.Kyron and his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, attended a school science fair that morning and she watched him walk to his classroom at about 8:45 a.m, deputies said.
    http://www.kptv.com/news/23811673/detail.html
    Is his classroom on the second floor or isn't it?

Later in the morning-does that seem like 8:45?

How old could the reporting student be? Although I have to say that children notice a lot. And as one poster said, the child's reprot could be confirmed by a corresponding event. The child was out of the room for a reason, such as the bathroom

But once again, if it was later in the morning and he was by his classroom, what was he up to?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to human For This Useful Post:

"Just in" from where? Did they release a statement? Mini press conference?? What?
    That is just what they say on this news channel, "just in" when they want you to know there is new or updated news.

I hear them say it so much I guess I'm used to it =)

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    What does that mean? I've seen that designation before but I don't understand the difference between it and just plain "missing." Is it less ominous than "kidnapped"?

Endangered Missing

• A minor (under the age of 18) missing who does not qualify as an Endangered Runaway, a Family Abduction, or a Non-Family Abduction, OR an adult (age 18 or over) who has a medical condition, and/or who is missing under circumstances that indicate that he or she may be in danger.

http://www.charleyproject.org/terms.html

43. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

abduction means they know someone took him.

missing endangered means that he is not where he should be they dont know where he is at or who may be involved, but because of the mystery surrounding him not being where he should he is endangered, unable to care for him self.

Missing means that they just dont know where the person is but there is nothing that points to anything foul, usually in adults they just use missing.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast