Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106082"]Part #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106157"]Part #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106178"]Part #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106209"]Part #4[/ame]

If you haven't read the rules or TOS lately, now might be a good time to do so. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Once again, Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. We do not sleuth family until we are given a reason to do so. No one in this case has been named a POI. Further sleuthing, disparaging comments, and speculation about family involvement will not be tolerated. Anyone continuing to do so will be given a time out. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING.

It is easy to blame the family. And yes, it is important to look there. But at this point, LE has given us no reason to do so. So for now, get out of your "sleuthing comfort zone". There are dozens of other avenues to explore.

Also, we NEVER sleuth minors. You may link to Facebook pages, but do not post direct quotes. And only link to those directly involved in the case.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask. You can PM a moderator, or check the Threadiquette thread that is a sticky at the top of the forum. ([ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame])

Please do not go off-topic. For example, we had an issue in the last thread with posters picking apart Kyron's science project, or the t-shirt he is wearing. That is off-topic unless you can directly tie it to his disappearance. Hope that's clear.
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 06-08-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

This link states he was seen by the pickup driver on Saturday afternoon.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lightlady For This Useful Post:

Do we know for a fact that he was supposed to be in the talent show? I recall some talking about maybe he was nervous etc but I have not read that he was supposed to be in it? Reason i'm asking is if he was supposed to be in it, wouldn't the SM go to see that? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by lightlady View Post
    This link states he was seen by the pickup driver on Saturday afternoon.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html
    I am one who had strongly believed this was an important tip, but that is when I thought the siting was on Friday. Now that it seems the siting was on Saturday, I am no longer going to consider that angle. Too bad, since the child that was in the truck was alive.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to suzet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    Do we know for a fact that he was supposed to be in the talent show? I recall some talking about maybe he was nervous etc but I have not read that he was supposed to be in it? Reason i'm asking is if he was supposed to be in it, wouldn't the SM go to see that? TIA
    Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...on_horman.html

Schreiber is another parent of a student, as well as a volunteer.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

[quote]
    originally posted by pufnstuf
    you may have to zoom out to see the salmonberry road location... It's marked with a magenta pin.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...1,4.092407&z=8
    Bringing over Pufnstuf's map.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

On the last thread someone stated that the children were supposed to take a buddy to the restroom. OMG. What happened in the past that this is required? Was this policy implemented after a bullying incident or was it an intruder/vagrant incident? (One of the school bathrooms is supposedly near an unsecured door that opens out into one of the sides near the woods.)

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    On the last thread someone stated that the children were supposed to take a buddy to the restroom. OMG. What happened in the past that this is required? Was this policy implemented after a bullying incident or was it an intruder/vagrant incident? (One of the school bathrooms is supposedly near an unsecured door that opens out into one of the sides near the woods.)
    It's so funny how diferent readers can get diferent ideas from the same article. When I read that I got the impression they were describing how school is going this week (post disappearance) for other students. ie. They now have to go to the bathroom with a buddy.

This made me think this "policy" was instituted AFTER kyron's disappearance. Probably in order to keep track of the kids while all the extra LE and personal were in the building investigating and in part to assuage fears of parents whose students have to go there knowing a child went missing there on Friday.
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

Giving blogging a stab. Link to my Websleuths blogspot. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

In reading the blogs of my fellow members I find I am getting to know many of them in ways I hadn't before. Some good reading to be found in those blogs. Thanks to all those members who are using this feature to share their thoughts.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    It's so funny how diferent readers can get diferent ideas from the same article. When I read that I got the impression they were describing how school is going this week (post disappearance) for other students. ie. They now have to go to the bathroom with a buddy.

This made me think this "policy" was instituted AFTER kyron's disappearance. Probably in order to keep track of the kids while all the extra LE and personal were in the building investigating and in part to assuage fears of parents whose students have to go there knowing a child went missing there on Friday.
    also, it may help the younger kids feel more secure to have a buddy along.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensfan View Post
    I think it is just standard procedure. It doesn't mean something happened in the past. Most schools have been doing this. I remember taking a buddy with me back in the 70's.
    "I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life."
    Rest in peace, Ethan Stacy and Aja Johnson.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RoseWhite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post

In most schools - and I've worked in very rural to very very urban - the buddy system is used for the bathroom. Not always necessarily because of an "incident" but more because some kids will take a "bathroom" pass and go off to wander the halls. Its just more of a safeguard for all involved.

You can't deny a child that says he has to pee - you can't question. So when my "troublemakers" would want to go I would always send another child (more responsible and/or maybe not a known "friend" of the child) to go with.

Side note - when we had to send a child to the office for being sick (stomach ache, headache, whatever) we had to send 3 kids. The sick one, and two more so the one going with the sick one had another one to walk back with.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoseWhite View Post
    I think it is just standard procedure. It doesn't mean something happened in the past. Most schools have been doing this. I remember taking a buddy with me back in the 70's.
    I agree - I think it is standard procedure and I think it should be.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:

Link to video of yesterday's news conference can be found here: http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

These are the direct quotes from Jason Gates I transcribed:

"We suspect he went missing on Friday."

Later (around 5:10) a reporter asks: Can you provide any clarification about what time he was last seen and where?
    Not at this time.

Another reporter asks for further clarification of earlier time line statements by LE
    "I can't answer your question completely, but I can say the last point at which Kyron was seen was about 9:00 am on Friday morning ."
    "Was that within the school?"
    Yes

Later on, a reporter asks if the last sighting was by the stepmother or someone else:
    "I'm not able to give those details."
    Last edited by STEADFAST; 06-08-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added info on further listening

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoseWhite View Post
    All schools i been to have this procedure, too, usually only for the younger kids though. MOO.
    -Just My Opinion (JMO)
    Rest in Peace, Ethan

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat517 For This Useful Post:

Now. come to think of it - ya'll got me thinking about "bathroom" breaks and kids in the hall. Do we know if his classroom was - what I call - a suite room? A "suite" room is usually two classrooms connected by a bathroom - either just one bathroom or two "gender" rooms.

I really liked teaching in "suite" rooms because the disruption for "gotta go to the bathroom" was minimal as the bathroom was right there and there was no need to send children out of the room.

If it was a suite room - someone could have come in from the other room just as well as he could have gone out through the other room. With all the confusion going on that morning with the science fair and getting the groups ready for the tours - a suite room would have complicated things. KWIM?

Wow - it is hard trying to have a life (work, kid, etc.) and keep up with you guys. I had to make the prudent decision to skip half of Thread #3 and all of Thread #4 because I just don't have the time....wah!

The buddy system for ANY trip out of the classroom is standard in Southern California. At least through 3rd grade in our schools...helps to prevent random wandering and to keep kids "on track". My child's elementary (pre-K thru 6th with YMCA before/aftercare) has parents/visitors sign in at the front office, but I can't count the number of times I went onto school grounds and forgot to sign in ~ no one ever stopped me, either.

Praying for this little boy and his family....

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WestCoastLady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    Someone answered above that another parent said Kyron was supposed to perform.

If I were to guess, I'd say the stepmother didn't plan to attend because she has an 18-month-old daughter. That's prime naptime for most toddlers.
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to awakewriter For This Useful Post:

What is Bohemian Grove in Portland and is it related to child abductions? (A lady at Starbucks this a.m. was from Portland and I heard her mention that it should be search...yes, I eavesdropped). Is this a neighborhood? I found that someplace in California is also called Bohemian Grove, but I can't find info about this in Portland.
    (If this is a GBLT, disabled, or Medicaid community, I apologize for my sincere question in advance.)
    Last edited by Pensfan; 06-08-2010 at 01:57 PM.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

Thank you Amanda!
    Moving over from part #4\ #588

Case archive album started for Kyron Horman:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...man%20%20-OR-/

This thread is moving ultra-fast! Really hoping for good news soon...
    M O O, as per usual

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brandi For This Useful Post:

It's not a clear picture, but it appears the date on the whiteboard in the upper left corner of one of the pictures of Kyron near his exhibit shows the date of June 3. I'm willing to be wrong, but even blown up and image distorted, I couldn't make it say 4, which leads me to believe these exhibits were set up the afternoon before.

Also, why is there a picture of the other little boy's tree frog exhibit? There is no evidence that Kyron was going to sit at the desk anytime soon, and I'm wondering how Terry could have posted anything from her cell phone to facebook without the requisite "posted via mobile web" message.

Also again, she was on at 3:34 that Friday afternoon. If Kyron gets off the bus at 3:30, and when he didn't get off the bus she immediately called the school, when was it she took the time to be on FB?

I'm not pointing fingers; I find these extremely curious.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

If he was supposed to be in the talent show and wasn't, I would think that should have been a red flag for someone - anyone - to look for him.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:

42. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

fhc

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Also again, she was on at 3:34 that Friday afternoon. If Kyron gets off the bus at 3:30, and when he didn't get off the bus she immediately called the school, when was it she took the time to be on FB?

I'm not pointing fingers; I find these extremely curious.
    I don't know about all busses, but my daughters bus has about a 10-minute window of time when it arrives. Maybe Terry wanted one last check of FB before Kyron got home?

In any case, the 3:34 logon doesn't strike me as all that odd...

Presser at noon.

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

anyone just see fox 12 news just now showing location of rock quarry they are at?
    I have a feeling I know where that is at but I don't want to post until I'm entirely sure..

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freefallzzzz For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast