Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106082"]Part #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106157"]Part #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106178"]Part #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106209"]Part #4[/ame]

If you haven't read the rules or TOS lately, now might be a good time to do so. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Once again, Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. We do not sleuth family until we are given a reason to do so. No one in this case has been named a POI. Further sleuthing, disparaging comments, and speculation about family involvement will not be tolerated. Anyone continuing to do so will be given a time out. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING.

It is easy to blame the family. And yes, it is important to look there. But at this point, LE has given us no reason to do so. So for now, get out of your "sleuthing comfort zone". There are dozens of other avenues to explore.

Also, we NEVER sleuth minors. You may link to Facebook pages, but do not post direct quotes. And only link to those directly involved in the case.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask. You can PM a moderator, or check the Threadiquette thread that is a sticky at the top of the forum. ([ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame])

Please do not go off-topic. For example, we had an issue in the last thread with posters picking apart Kyron's science project, or the t-shirt he is wearing. That is off-topic unless you can directly tie it to his disappearance. Hope that's clear.

Do we know for a fact that he was supposed to be in the talent show? I recall some talking about maybe he was nervous etc but I have not read that he was supposed to be in it? Reason i'm asking is if he was supposed to be in it, wouldn't the SM go to see that? TIA

This link states he was seen by the pickup driver on Saturday afternoon.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html

I am one who had strongly believed this was an important tip, but that is when I thought the siting was on Friday. Now that it seems the siting was on Saturday, I am no longer going to consider that angle. Too bad, since the child that was in the truck was alive.

Do we know for a fact that he was supposed to be in the talent show? I recall some talking about maybe he was nervous etc but I have not read that he was supposed to be in it? Reason i'm asking is if he was supposed to be in it, wouldn't the SM go to see that? TIA

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

Schreiber is another parent of a student, as well as a volunteer.

On the last thread someone stated that the children were supposed to take a buddy to the restroom. OMG. What happened in the past that this is required? Was this policy implemented after a bullying incident or was it an intruder/vagrant incident? (One of the school bathrooms is supposedly near an unsecured door that opens out into one of the sides near the woods.)

On the last thread someone stated that the children were supposed to take a buddy to the restroom. OMG. What happened in the past that this is required? Was this policy implemented after a bullying incident or was it an intruder/vagrant incident? (One of the school bathrooms is supposedly near an unsecured door that opens out into one of the sides near the woods.)

It's so funny how diferent readers can get diferent ideas from the same article. When I read that I got the impression they were describing how school is going this week (post disappearance) for other students. ie. They now have to go to the bathroom with a buddy.

This made me think this "policy" was instituted AFTER kyron's disappearance. Probably in order to keep track of the kids while all the extra LE and personal were in the building investigating and in part to assuage fears of parents whose students have to go there knowing a child went missing there on Friday.

It's so funny how diferent readers can get diferent ideas from the same article. When I read that I got the impression they were describing how school is going this week (post disappearance) for other students. ie. They now have to go to the bathroom with a buddy.

This made me think this "policy" was instituted AFTER kyron's disappearance. Probably in order to keep track of the kids while all the extra LE and personal were in the building investigating and in part to assuage fears of parents whose students have to go there knowing a child went missing there on Friday.

also, it may help the younger kids feel more secure to have a buddy along.

I think it is just standard procedure. It doesn't mean something happened in the past. Most schools have been doing this. I remember taking a buddy with me back in the 70's.

In most schools - and I've worked in very rural to very very urban - the buddy system is used for the bathroom. Not always necessarily because of an "incident" but more because some kids will take a "bathroom" pass and go off to wander the halls. Its just more of a safeguard for all involved.

You can't deny a child that says he has to pee - you can't question. So when my "troublemakers" would want to go I would always send another child (more responsible and/or maybe not a known "friend" of the child) to go with.

Side note - when we had to send a child to the office for being sick (stomach ache, headache, whatever) we had to send 3 kids. The sick one, and two more so the one going with the sick one had another one to walk back with.

I think it is just standard procedure. It doesn't mean something happened in the past. Most schools have been doing this. I remember taking a buddy with me back in the 70's.

I agree - I think it is standard procedure and I think it should be.

Link to video of yesterday's news conference can be found here: http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

These are the direct quotes from Jason Gates I transcribed:

"We suspect he went missing on Friday."

Later (around 5:10) a reporter asks: Can you provide any clarification about what time he was last seen and where?
Not at this time.

Another reporter asks for further clarification of earlier time line statements by LE
"I can't answer your question completely, but I can say the last point at which Kyron was seen was about 9:00 am on Friday morning ."
"Was that within the school?"
Yes

Later on, a reporter asks if the last sighting was by the stepmother or someone else:
"I'm not able to give those details."

All schools i been to have this procedure, too, usually only for the younger kids though. MOO.

Now. come to think of it - ya'll got me thinking about "bathroom" breaks and kids in the hall. Do we know if his classroom was - what I call - a suite room? A "suite" room is usually two classrooms connected by a bathroom - either just one bathroom or two "gender" rooms.

I really liked teaching in "suite" rooms because the disruption for "gotta go to the bathroom" was minimal as the bathroom was right there and there was no need to send children out of the room.

If it was a suite room - someone could have come in from the other room just as well as he could have gone out through the other room. With all the confusion going on that morning with the science fair and getting the groups ready for the tours - a suite room would have complicated things. KWIM?

Wow - it is hard trying to have a life (work, kid, etc.) and keep up with you guys. I had to make the prudent decision to skip half of Thread #3 and all of Thread #4 because I just don't have the time....wah!

The buddy system for ANY trip out of the classroom is standard in Southern California. At least through 3rd grade in our schools...helps to prevent random wandering and to keep kids "on track". My child's elementary (pre-K thru 6th with YMCA before/aftercare) has parents/visitors sign in at the front office, but I can't count the number of times I went onto school grounds and forgot to sign in ~ no one ever stopped me, either.

Praying for this little boy and his family....

Someone answered above that another parent said Kyron was supposed to perform.

If I were to guess, I'd say the stepmother didn't plan to attend because she has an 18-month-old daughter. That's prime naptime for most toddlers.

What is Bohemian Grove in Portland and is it related to child abductions? (A lady at Starbucks this a.m. was from Portland and I heard her mention that it should be search...yes, I eavesdropped). Is this a neighborhood? I found that someplace in California is also called Bohemian Grove, but I can't find info about this in Portland.
(If this is a GBLT, disabled, or Medicaid community, I apologize for my sincere question in advance.)

It's not a clear picture, but it appears the date on the whiteboard in the upper left corner of one of the pictures of Kyron near his exhibit shows the date of June 3. I'm willing to be wrong, but even blown up and image distorted, I couldn't make it say 4, which leads me to believe these exhibits were set up the afternoon before.

Also, why is there a picture of the other little boy's tree frog exhibit? There is no evidence that Kyron was going to sit at the desk anytime soon, and I'm wondering how Terry could have posted anything from her cell phone to facebook without the requisite "posted via mobile web" message.

Also again, she was on at 3:34 that Friday afternoon. If Kyron gets off the bus at 3:30, and when he didn't get off the bus she immediately called the school, when was it she took the time to be on FB?

I'm not pointing fingers; I find these extremely curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh