1331 users online (251 members and 1080 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    This case has always bothered me. It was such a big deal in the news and then fell off the radar. No Coverage. Nada.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Wednesday is the third anniversary.
    WOW! I didn't even realize that! I guess God put them on my heart this week.

I truly believed that the locals would have figured this one out. It is such a small town, and 2 innocent girls are gunned down in broad daylight by TWO separate guns. How could it stay a secret for this long? It really upsets me. RIP Sweet Girls.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

G-D outrage that no one there can figure out who committed such a strange crime. Generally, strange crimes happen for strange reasons. That reason should have been pretty easy to pick up on when this happened. Though I've always been reluctant to believe that just some random creeps gunned these girls down for the hell of it, it seems like the only way a case such as this can stay unsolved. Sickening.
    TAPU'S BLOG
    Murder in the Hills

You would think that a reward of $163,000 would get someone to start talking. I hope they catch them soon.

Case archive album for Skyla and Taylor:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ker%20%20-OK-/
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

As the anniversaries roll on, the AP articles grow shorter and shorter. Sad. (Sigh.)

No arrests 3 years after 2 girls shot in Weleetka

WELEETKA, Okla. (AP) - It's been three years since two girls were shot to death on a dirt road near Weleetka, and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation continues to search for suspects.
    ---
    The OSBI said Tuesday investigators from the agency and the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Office continue to probe the unsolved killings.

Late last year, the FBI was asked to develop a profile of the killer or killers. The OSBI says that work has generated new leads and the agency remains confident that the case will be solved.
    ---
    a bit more at Newson6 link above

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    This case has always bothered me. It was such a big deal in the news and then fell off the radar. No Coverage. Nada.
    Hello, tlc - A lot of that has to do with Caylee. Once Caylee hit the media - our girls were moved to the back ..... way, way back ..... burner. Another reason, imo, is because of OSBI and their lack of information sharing.

This is, of course, only my opinion and I don't begrudge the attention given to little Caylee. It will be interesting to see what OSBI's press conference tomorrow will cover. Not holding my breath though.

I always think of the Plackers and the Whitakers during this time and send them good thoughts and prayers.
    Remembering Taylor and Skyla
    "The children of our hearts" ..... Claycat

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
    You would think that a reward of $163,000 would get someone to start talking. I hope they catch them soon.
    Good point. Strong argument that pretty much no one other than the guilty knows anything at all.
    TAPU'S BLOG
    Murder in the Hills

In 2009, on the anniversary, OSBI told us "We are one piece of information away from making an arrest."

In 2010, on the anniversary, OSBI told us that "several suspects are being eyed."

Then, in November, they asked the FBI to profile the Weleetka girls' killer.

2011, anyone? Does hope spring eternal?

Are there any media reports this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Boots-OK View Post
    Hello, tlc - A lot of that has to do with Caylee. Once Caylee hit the media - our girls were moved to the back ..... way, way back ..... burner. Another reason, imo, is because of OSBI and their lack of information sharing.

This is, of course, only my opinion and I don't begrudge the attention given to little Caylee. It will be interesting to see what OSBI's press conference tomorrow will cover. Not holding my breath though.

I always think of the Plackers and the Whitakers during this time and send them good thoughts and prayers.
    I am with you all the way...As an Okie Gal, from Tulsa, my heart and prayers are forever with the Placker and Whitaker families looking forward to the day that we all have Justice for Precious and Innocent Skyla and Taylor.

The silence is deafening.

Did I miss OSBI's press conference today? I read a one paragraph press release on one of the local TV station's story about the girls - but, have been unable to locate a press conference.

Just curious - does anyone know if Jessica B is still the spokesperson for OSBI?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

Are there any media reports this year?
    I'll post some in the News Thread, Kimster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast