Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Translation Thread JVDS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,265

    Translation Thread JVDS

    JBean is going to "sticky" this thread for us to have a place as a list for all the Spanish or Dutch articles for the Joran related cases that need to be translated.

    If you have something you're requesting to be translated please link it here, and one of us who can translate for you will translate it and also include it here.

    This will allow us to keep referencing articles and not lose track of them in the busy thread and help those of us who want to be able to assist by translating better able to pitch in!

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,568
    Thanks JBean!

    Kindly translate this video please. Thanks.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92gFDZlRoBI[/ame]
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    Thanks JBean!

    Kindly translate this video please. Thanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92gFDZlRoBI
    The video isn't working for me, but I've translated this before (see thread # 2). Here is a recap:

    Here is a full, non-googled, non-babblefished translation of the 20/20 video. These are the words of the female reporter you hear in the video:

    ***************

    "In the first image a seated woman who seems to be protecting herself from the cold is observing van der Sloot requesting his key from the consierge, who approaches to take care of him.

    In the second image van der Sloot waits and it is possible to see that behind the door someone is accompanying him.

    In the third image the hotel employee appears to be verifying whether there is a message for the dutch man, while his companion remains behind the door.

    In the next image the dutch man enters the central hallway of the hotel and Stephanie Flores, who has gathered her hair in a bun, appears behind him. It is the last image of the race car driver Ricardo Flores' daughter.

    Three days later, an employee of the hotel, Adelia Abad Rochena, received a call for room 309, where Joran van der Sloot was staying. Then she transferred the call but since nobody was answering, the call returned to the phone central. Forty minutes later, the employee found out that van der Sloot owed 2 days of rent. She then went upstairs to the room, knocked on the door, and heard that the television was on.

    It was also established that the night prior to her death Stephanie had won 5,000 dollars FROM THIS FOREIGNER in a poker game. Fact that he had denied. "

    ***********************

    I hope it was the same video I translated before. I think it is
    This is just my opinion.

    I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mohabi For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,265

    Thumbs up

    It's the same. Glad you knew you had done that one, I was just going to start!

    Thanks!

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    It's the same. Glad you knew you had done that one, I was just going to start!

    Thanks!
    We need to make sure we don't work on the same things How can we do that?
    This is just my opinion.

    I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,568
    This video shows the bedroom around 55 and it appears there is discussion about the room. It shows the bed, cigarettes and glasses.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohabi View Post
    We need to make sure we don't work on the same things How can we do that?
    Once a member puts in a link to be translated and it is translated, a mod can add the translation under the original link. Then clean up the thread to keep things in order.
    Last edited by Patty G; 06-08-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: translation complete
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    Once a member puts in a link to be translated and it is translated, a mod can add the translation under the original link. Then clean up the thread to keep things in order.

    Right now, the translation for the video I provided is not complete, so once the translation is complete, the mod could put the translation under the video.
    Actually, it's all there.

    The part beginning at 55 seconds corresponds with what Mohabi has as the last two paragraphs - the "three days later" - that's what she's saying with what they're showing.

    It is completely translated

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,265
    Here's one that was requested to be translated:

    Quote Originally Posted by krowdkat View Post
    Here are two articles about the missing Colombia girls. One needs to be translated.

    http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/491661/...sloot-ese-pais

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,265
    Ok, here's the above requested article:

    http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/491661/...sloot-ese-pais

    Dos mujeres desaparecieron en Colombia durante estadía de Van der Sloot en ese país


    Two woman missing in Columbia during Van der Sloot's stay in that country


    Las jóvenes eran asiduas concurrentes de exclusivos casinos. Periodistas del vecino país se encuentran en Lima para seguir el caso del holandés
    Martes 08 de junio de 2010 - 10:14 am

    The youth were frequent visitors to the exclusive casinos. Reporters from the neighboring country are in Lima to follow the case of the Dutchman.


    Antes de llegar a Lima el pasado 14 de mayo, el holandés Joran van der Sloot estuvo en Colombia a donde llegó el 6 de mayo. ¿Qué hizo en esos días en el vecino país? Lo mismo que aquí, visitar salas de juego.

    Before arriving in Lima on the 14th of May, the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot was in Columbia where he arrived the 6th of May. What was he doing during those days in that country? The same thing as here (Peru), visiting casinos.

    Sin embargo, su estadía coincidió con la desaparición de dos jóvenes colombianas, quienes también eran asiduas concurrentes de casinos exclusivos.

    His stay coincided with the disappearance of two young Columbian woman who were also frequent visitors of the exclusive casinos.

    “En esos días (el holandés) visitó salas de juego de la ciudad de Bogotá, como muestran los videos de seguridad de los locales. Sabemos que estuvo hospedado en dos hoteles, por ello la policía colombiana empezó las investigaciones”, contó una fuente periodística colombiana citada por un diario local.

    "In those days the Dutchman visited gaming houses (casinos) in the city of Bogota, as seen in the security videos of the premises of those places. We know that he was staying in [the] two hotels so the Columbian police began the investigations," a source told a Columbian journalist for a local paper.

    En las próximas horas se efectuaría la reconstrucción del crimen de Stephany Flores en el hotel TAC, donde Van der Sloot la asesinó, según confesó anoche a la policía.

    In the next hours they will carry out the reconstruction of the crime against Stephany Flores in the TAC Hotel where van der Sloot killed her, according to his confession to the police last night.
    Last edited by TravelingBug; 06-09-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Sorry...typos in English! Ha!

  17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkorchid View Post
    http://elcomercio.pe/player/491307

    This video is in Spanish but shows a girl on the floor of Room 309 and she's wearing long black pants and a black shirt. Is this a re-enactment or is this a crime scene and the red panty report is faulty? I'm a bit confused here. Maybe a Spanish-speaker can tell us if this is Stephany or not. It occurs at the 25 second mark.
    This was requested. Here is the translation, if I missed something it wasn't important (trust me).

    ************
    Nine days ago he fled. He denied it for 5 days since his detention in Chile. Finally, he admitted to be the murderer of Stephany Flores. The Dutchman, Joran van der Sloot, confessed to the detectives of the Homicide Division and an official, that he hit and broke the neck of the girl in room 309 at the Hotel TAC in Miraflores after she had found out about the subject’s past, detailed on this laptop computer, property of the detained, and that played a key role in unchaining the dementia of this individual.

    VDS detailed step by step what happened to the police agents since he left the Atlantic City Casino on May 30, together with Flores, at 5:15 am. 5 minutes later, at 5:20, as registered by the security camera of the hotel, both arrived at the lobby of the establishment, here was Adelia Abad, the receptionist whose declaration was fundamental. Shortly thereafter, both were in the room. Approximately at 8:10 am, Abad saw van der Sloot buying coffee at the service station located next to the hotel. At 8:11 van der Sloot returned to the room and found Stephany reading his past on the laptop. The Dutchman confessed that he slapped Flores, and then grabbed her neck, causing her immediate death. He took out his things, as he left he made sure that the lock (on the door) was secure, and left the building at 8:56 a.m. After hiding the car, van der Sloot started the flight, and his laptop was one of the few objects that he didn’t get rid of on the
    road from Lima to Tacna.

    This laptop is one of the possessions of van der Sloot that was seized by police and whose description is detailed in the fiscal documentation of June 4. It has been forwarded to the division of high technology crimes, who is using a forensic software that seeks to corroborate the confession as to what happened before the final attack.

    Since his arrest in Chile until before his transport from Tacna to Lima, van der Sloot underwent multiple medical examinations.. America Noticias had access to two of them. One performed in Arica, frontier town, in which Mr. Van der Sloot's good state of health was certified, and that there is no existing pathology nor lesions, and describes him “lucid” (aware).

    After an hour and 15 minutes of difference, the Peruvian doctors submitted him to another evaluation in Tacna, concluding that there are no traumatic lesions present and that his vital signs are stable. These two examinations prove that the victim had no possibility of defending herself at all - because the attack of the accused was sudden, and severe. During the unfolding of these events, the work of the National Police was decisive, because from the moment the accused was turned over in Tacna the expertise of the agents led to van der Sloot trusting them, and after two days admitting to the murder. Maybe that’s why when as he entered the building of the criminal authorities, he had this significant reaction, knowing in his conscience that he was arriving at the last station of his young criminal path.

    *********

    P.S. Sheesh so many typos needed to be fixed. I have to go to bed........next time I'll edit 40 times before uploading. Promise.
    Last edited by Mohabi; 06-09-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typos......what else?
    This is just my opinion.

    I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

  19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mohabi For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    697
    Thanks so much, you all. This is another article I would like translated about Joran's acquantance, Elton Garcia. The article is fine but if you would just listen to the video and determine if there is anything of value I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for starting this thread and helping with translations.

    http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/490019/...petencia-poker

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krowdkat For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohabi View Post
    This was requested. Here is the translation, if I missed something it wasn't important (trust me).

    ************
    Nine days ago he fled. He denied it for 5 days since his detention in Chile. Finally, he admitted to be the murderer of Stephany Flores. The Dutchman, Joran van der Sloot, confessed to the detectives of the Homicide Division and an official, that he hit and broke the neck of the girl in room 309 at the Hotel TAC in Miraflores after she had found out about the subject’s past, detailed on this laptop computer, property of the detained, and that played a key role in unchaining the dementia of this individual.

    VDS detailed step by step what happened to the police agents since he left the Atlantic City Casino on May 30, together with Flores, at 5:15 am. 5 minutes later, at 5:20, as registered by the security camera of the hotel, both arrived at the lobby of the establishment, here was Adelia Abad, the receptionist whose declaration was fundamental. Shortly thereafter, both were in the room. Approximately at 8:10 am, Abad saw van der Sloot buying coffee at the service station located next to the hotel. At 8:11 van der Sloot returned to the room and found Stephany reading his past on the laptop. The Dutchman confessed that he slapped Flores, and then grabbed her neck, causing her immediate death. He took out his things, as he left he made sure that the lock (on the door) was secure, and left the building at 8:56 a.m. After hiding the car, van der Sloot started the flight, and his laptop was one of the few objects that he didn’t get rid of on the
    road from Lima to Tacna.

    This laptop is one of the possessions of van der Sloot that was seized by police and whose description is detailed in the fiscal documentation of June 4. It has been forwarded to the division of high technology crimes, who is using a forensic software that seeks to corroborate the confession as to what happened before the final attack.

    Since his arrest in Chile until before his transport from Tacna to Lima, van der Sloot underwent multiple medical examinations.. America Noticias had access to two of them. One performed in Arica, frontier town, in which Mr. Van der Sloot's good state of health was certified, and that there is no existing pathology nor lesions, and describes him “lucid” (aware).

    After an hour and 15 minutes of difference, the Peruvian doctors submitted him to another evaluation in Tacna, concluding that there are no traumatic lesions present and that his vital signs are stable. These two examinations prove that the victim had no possibility of defending herself at all - because the attack of the accused was sudden, and severe. During the unfolding of these events, the work of the National Police was decisive, because from the moment the accused was turned over in Tacna the expertise of the agents led to van der Sloot trusting them, and after two days admitting to the murder. Maybe that’s why when as he entered the building of the criminal authorities, he had this significant reaction, knowing in his conscience that he was arriving at the last station of his young criminal path.

    *********

    P.S. Sheesh so many typos needed to be fixed. I have to go to bed........next time I'll edit 40 times before uploading. Promise.
    You did a great job, good article~ thanks so much!

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by krowdkat View Post
    Thanks so much, you all. This is another article I would like translated about Joran's acquantance, Elton Garcia. The article is fine but if you would just listen to the video and determine if there is anything of value I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for starting this thread and helping with translations.

    http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/490019/...petencia-poker
    Absolutely!

    I'll do the article...Mohabi, would you mind doing the video when you're back? I can try, but my hearing with videos online isn't as good - tv is much easier - especially trying to translate. I'll do my best...but I don't mind doing the article.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by krowdkat View Post
    Thanks so much, you all. This is another article I would like translated about Joran's acquantance, Elton Garcia. The article is fine but if you would just listen to the video and determine if there is anything of value I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for starting this thread and helping with translations.

    http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/490019/...petencia-poker
    I didn't do the article itself and I'm too tired right now to do it. Have to get up in 4 hours so it's a "no go", but I did the video translation last night, before he confessed. I didn't post it because I thought it was a moot point. Here it is:

    *************
    His name is Elton Garcia and he is 35 years old. He was born in Albania but is a nationalized Uruguayan. He flees the cameras after declaring at the Divicri, hiding in the taxi, he didn’t want to answer. (I can not make out most of the questions the reporter asks him while in the taxi. Bad audio due to traffic noises). “Are you the one she won 5,000 dollars from?” I hear something like “I have no idea what you are talking about”. “Are you a friend of the Dutchman?”.

    …. But Americo Noticias managed to get his declaration:

    García tells that he was living in the same hotel as the Dutchman starting at the beginning of May. He met Stephany Flores and Joran van der Sloot because they went to the Casino where only he participated in the Poker World Championship. The night of Tuesday, June 1, Jordan did not go to a dinner that had been planned, and worried, he went to the Atlantic City to look for him. From there he asked that they call the TAC Hotel but he wasn’t there either. After he finished his game, he decided to go to the hotel. “I asked the receptionist whether he was in his room and she told me he was not there, and that the police was on it’s way because they had found a dead woman in this guy’s room. When the police arrived they asked me to see the body, but I didn’t want to see (it). They made me look at a photo and I recognized her. It was Stephany. I also saw the video camera of the hotel and I was able to recognize her when she was entering with Joran van der Sloot.”

    Garcia didn’t say anything about the alleged 5,000 dollars he may have lost playing with Stephany, but he told that she had won 2,000 Soles in a poker game at the beginning of May.

    According to his immigration registration there were several entries from Uruguay since the year 2008. Sometimes he remained in Peru for 3 days, other times 2 weeks. He arrived to our country on April 29th of this year as a tourist. Furthermore, during his participation in the World Poker Championship, held in Lima, in the Atlantic City Hotel, he identified himself as Uruguayan, as seen on internet page PeruPoker.net

    Hours before, Stephany’s father Ricardo Flores also declared at Divicri about his first approach to Personal Domicilios “I didn’t know that he was stealing my daughter’s money, I didn’t know that he had stolen the jewelery of my daughter, because I really didn’t….didn’t….. my contact was with the police that handles kidnappings”

    The Kidnapping divison turned over the case………when the body of the victim was found, and Homicidios took it over . Flores assured that he tennis racket, the alleged attack weapon, did not belong to his daughter, but to the dutchman.
    During the morning, homicide personnel of Divicri again investigated Hotel TAC of Miraflores, and this time they concentrated on the documentation the Dutchman could have left behind. The police gathered the various payment stubs and also contacted the neighbors to talk to the personnel of the Mini Market. There, the police found out that the Dutchman bought two cups of coffee at 8:00 am on Sunday, returned to the hotel, went up to his room, and returned with only one cup of coffee to pay for 2 late days, and it was 8:25. At 8:45 he left with a black backpack and a brown suitcase in his hand. They never saw him again.

    Now the two anchors (male + female) comment: “Now here we have the declaration of Elton Garcia, the Albanian, Uruguayan-nationalized citizen that to clarify what happened with Stephany Flores. There are a couple of important questions, for instance he was asked when he first met Stephany Flores. He says that “I met her during the first week of May 2010 during the night when I was playing poker in the Fiesta Casino on Avenida Benavides”. After that they ask him “About how many times have you played poker with her”. He says that he played with her approximately 4 times, in the Casino Atlantic City and Fiesta on Benavides Avenue, and he also says that while he was in his room, the police went to his room when it had already been made public that the death, when it was alreado known where the crime scene was.

    The Police went to his room to look for him when the death of Stephany was already known , when the crime scene also was known, the police came to look for him in his room so that he could go view the body and – as I said – he didn’t want to do that. “They made me look at a photograph of the dead girl and I recognized her, she was Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramirez.

    Female: this poker friend of Stephany’s and van der Sloot’s was surprised because he had not seen them for a couple of days. During an event – I think – where a group of players met, and they had not been there. So he worries much (the male anchor interrupts her)
    And all he says coincides perfectly with what he tells the police.

    Receptionist Adelia Aobad Marchena, who is exactly the person who – worried, because nobody answers the phone call to the room after 2 days, is the person who after 2 days enters the room with a second key (copy)… enters and finds Stephany’s body and here, she gives details of how she found the room, she says for instance “the light was on, the TV was on with normal volume, there was a pair of cloth slippers, the bed was totally unmade, all the clothes, a whole bunch of clothing – she says – everything on the floor. She turned to the right and saw….well…the body of Stephany. Very frightened she went closer and saw that it wasn’t a man’s but a woman’s body. Well and…there are several other details that we already know. Anyway, he registered May 14th and disappeared without anyone seeing him at the hotel.

    ****************
    I know I didn't get Dimicri or Divicri right but too tired to go search for the right spelling now. Nite nite!
    Last edited by Mohabi; 06-09-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Don't complain about spelling and typos, I only edited this about 25 times.
    This is just my opinion.

    I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

  27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mohabi For This Useful Post:


  28. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Absolutely!

    I'll do the article...Mohabi, would you mind doing the video when you're back? I can try, but my hearing with videos online isn't as good - tv is much easier - especially trying to translate. I'll do my best...but I don't mind doing the article.
    Anything you want....you got it but....anything else will have to wait until tomorrow night. This woman has to make a living!
    This is just my opinion.

    I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohabi For This Useful Post:


  30. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,265
    Here's the article:

    Ciudadano albanés acompañó a Joran van der Sloot en competencia de póker

    Albanian Citizen accompanied Joran van der Sloot to the Poker Tournament


    El ciudadano albanés Elton García (35) compartió mesa de juego con la joven Stephany Flores y su presunto asesino, el holandés Joran van der Sloot, en una competencia internacional de póker que se llevaba a cabo en nuestra capital.

    The Albanian citizen Elton Garcia (35) shared a gaming table with Stephany Flores and her alleged murderer, Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, in an international Poker competition that took place in our capital.

    García, nacionalizado uruguayo, se hospedaba desde mayo en el mismo hotel que Van der Sloot y donde fue hallada la joven Stephany. La policía lo citó a declarar en la Dirincri en el marco de las investigaciones para esclarecer el homicidio ocurrido el domingo.

    Garcia, a Uruguay national, had been staying in the same hotel as van der Sloot and where the girl, Stephany was found, since May.

    De acuerdo con su declaración, García no sabía nada del holandés desde el pasado fin de semana y decidió ir en su búsqueda la noche del martes 1 de junio. Esa noche lo buscó en el hotel Atlantic City y posteriormente fue al hotel Tac donde una empleada le dijo que en la habitación de Van der Sloot la policía había halado el cadáver de una joven.

    According to his statement, Gracia knew nothing about (or from) the Dutchman since last weekend and decided to go and search the night of Wednesday June 1st. That night, he looked in the Atlantic City hotel (a name of a hotel; not the city) and later went to the TAC Hotel where an employee told him that police had found the body of a young woman in van der Sloot's room.

    La policía lo interrogó en el lugar y le mostró una foto del cadáver que confirmó que se trataba de Stephany. Además, indicó, reconoció en las cámaras de seguridad del hotel a Joran ingresando con la joven Flores.

    The police questioned him there [at the hotel] and showed him a photo of the body which he confirmed was that of Stephany. In addition, he indicated that he recognized Joran leading the Flores girl on the hotel security cameras.

    Sobre la presunta apuesta de US$5.000 que habría perdido jugando póker con Stephany, Eliot García n o dijo nada pero aseguró que la hija del automovilista Ricardo Flores ganó S/. 2.000 en el juego de azar a comienzos de mayo.

    Garcia had nothing to say as far as about the alleged $5000 USD that he reportedly lost playing poker with Stephany. He did say that Stephany, daughter of Ricardo Flores the automobilista (sorry, can't think of the English word! motorist?) had won 2000 sols (about $700 USD) gambling in early May.
    Last edited by TravelingBug; 06-09-2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: typos in English...again! ha!

  31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


  32. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    316
    I found this article already translated on another site, but will post link here anyway if you want to translate for accuracy on the snippets I posted (in english) on the other thread.

    http://www.larepublica.pe/el-asesina...rse-del-cuerpo


    "I think God used my daughter as an element so that another soul could rest in peace, so that the parents of this girl can rest in peace too, knowing that somewhere in the world justice was made for the killing of their daughter. This man cannot continue to be out in the world killing people. This man needs to pay for his crimes."

    Justice for Natalee and Stephany.

  33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmar For This Useful Post:


  34. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,245
    Please translate this article. Part of it has been translated
    It appears Stephany spoke with her Father by way of telephone
    It also appears that Stephany emailed a Friend after 3:20 AM

    ** My point why would Stephany need to look at Joran's computer at all for any search when she had her own mode of communication/possible search engine...I'm trying to find out what Stephany carried ie blackberry etc**

    TIA

    http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/490131/...30-anos-carcel

    Hours before his death, the young Tatiana Flores Stephany Ramirez (21) shared the last moments of life with his close friends and college classmates, Carola Gallo Sanguinetti and Carolina, according to a report from the Dirincri.

    The document says Stephany left home at 3 pm Saturday May 29 in his truck to pick up Carol in San Isidro. With it went to a hotel on the block 41 of the Paseo de la Republica, in Miraflores, where he remained until 11:30 pm, he arrived Carolina.

    An hour earlier, 10 p.m. Saturday, Stephany was communicated by telephone with his father Ricardo Flores "rifle" and said he was coming home late. Then the three girls went to the pub El Gringo de Barranco, where they remained until 2:30 am 30 May.

    At that time are removed from the site. Stephany is home to Carolina Gallo in Chacarilla (Furrow), a few blocks from her home, while Carola Sanguinetti left on Avenida Las Begonias (San Isidro).

    On parting, 3:20 am, Stephany Carola lies to tell him to go to his house when in fact headed to Atlantic City Casino Miraflores. Her friend Carol, who had just left, he called five minutes later, but Stephany did not answer. Just sent a text message that says "I'm going up the stairs to get to my bedroom."

    The Dirincri Stephany stated that her friend lied because he did not like to attend the casinos for his fondness for gambling. In the casino, Stephany met Joran van der Sloot, who had had previous meetings by an international poker competition. Along with him was the Albanian Elton Garcia, who was staying at the hotel like Joran Tac.
    Last edited by Sailor Bug; 06-09-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

  35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:


  36. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    199
    I've really taken a liking to Google Wave:

    If anyone is interested, I've set up a wave to keep track of translations.

    https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref...om/w+ldV6EhoSD

    Anyone can edit the wave, add articles that need translating, or link to translations they've made and posted here. I will try to do all of that myself anyways.
    Last edited by Wings Of Light; 06-09-2010 at 12:41 PM.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wings Of Light For This Useful Post:


  38. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    16
    Could someone be so kind to translate the conversation between the official and Joran. What does Joran say in Spanish?

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfjw5S7KaHk[/ame]

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kristy For This Useful Post:


  40. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings Of Light View Post
    I've really taken a liking to Google Wave:

    If anyone is interested, I've set up a wave to keep track of translations.

    https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref...om/w+ldV6EhoSD

    Anyone can edit the wave, add articles that need translating, or link to translations they've made and posted here. I will try to do all of that myself anyways.
    This is awesome, thanks!

  41. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Bug View Post
    Please translate this article. Part of it has been translated
    It appears Stephany spoke with her Father by way of telephone
    It also appears that Stephany emailed a Friend after 3:20 AM

    ** My point why would Stephany need to look at Joran's computer at all for any search when she had her own mode of communication/possible search engine...I'm trying to find out what Stephany carried ie blackberry etc**

    TIA

    http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/490131/...30-anos-carcel

    Hours before his death, the young Tatiana Flores Stephany Ramirez (21) shared the last moments of life with his close friends and college classmates, Carola Gallo Sanguinetti and Carolina, according to a report from the Dirincri.

    The document says Stephany left home at 3 pm Saturday May 29 in his truck to pick up Carol in San Isidro. With it went to a hotel on the block 41 of the Paseo de la Republica, in Miraflores, where he remained until 11:30 pm, he arrived Carolina.

    An hour earlier, 10 p.m. Saturday, Stephany was communicated by telephone with his father Ricardo Flores "rifle" and said he was coming home late. Then the three girls went to the pub El Gringo de Barranco, where they remained until 2:30 am 30 May.

    At that time are removed from the site. Stephany is home to Carolina Gallo in Chacarilla (Furrow), a few blocks from her home, while Carola Sanguinetti left on Avenida Las Begonias (San Isidro).

    On parting, 3:20 am, Stephany Carola lies to tell him to go to his house when in fact headed to Atlantic City Casino Miraflores. Her friend Carol, who had just left, he called five minutes later, but Stephany did not answer. Just sent a text message that says "I'm going up the stairs to get to my bedroom."

    The Dirincri Stephany stated that her friend lied because he did not like to attend the casinos for his fondness for gambling. In the casino, Stephany met Joran van der Sloot, who had had previous meetings by an international poker competition. Along with him was the Albanian Elton Garcia, who was staying at the hotel like Joran Tac.

    Please do not take this as an attack, but I believe the reason for this thread was to provide correct human translation vs. translation-engine generated, incorrect results ?

    As seen in the above quote, the translation engine can't handle gender and can't handle logical sentence structure.

    For instance: "[B]Her friend Carol, who had just left, he called five minutes later, but Stephany did not answer." or how about this one: " In the casino, Stephany met Joran van der Sloot, who had had previous meetings by an international poker competition. Along with him was the Albanian Elton Garcia, who was staying at the hotel like Joran Tac"

    I think it's hard enough to keep the reported facts straight without having to deal with "engine failure".

    I'm sure to get flak for this
    This is just my opinion.

    I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mohabi For This Useful Post:


  43. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,568
    Please translate, at your convenience, the contents of the video. Thank you.

    http://www.larepublica.pe/node/271311/01#fotos
    Last edited by Patty G; 06-09-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

  44. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohabi View Post
    Please do not take this as an attack, but I believe the reason for this thread was to provide correct human translation vs. translation-engine generated, incorrect results ?

    As seen in the above quote, the translation engine can't handle gender and can't handle logical sentence structure.

    For instance: "[B]Her friend Carol, who had just left, he called five minutes later, but Stephany did not answer." or how about this one: " In the casino, Stephany met Joran van der Sloot, who had had previous meetings by an international poker competition. Along with him was the Albanian Elton Garcia, who was staying at the hotel like Joran Tac"

    I think it's hard enough to keep the reported facts straight without having to deal with "engine failure".

    I'm sure to get flak for this
    No flak at all!

    There's no comparison! The auto ones have been horrendous - but if people would rather do computer ones, then that's fine...I just know that at least the two of us who can translate don't mind, and it sure helps with accuracy

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to TravelingBug For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. English translation of Amaral's documentary
    By Barnaby in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
  2. The Final Report from the PJ (translation) No Discussion
    By colomom in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •