1102 users online (176 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WV - Robert Fauber, 57, Upshur County, 8 June 2010

My friend who does search and rescue with her German Shepherds posted this tonight on Facebook.

Robert Fauber went missing Tuesday.

BUCKHANNON, WV -- The Upshur County Sheriff's Department is searching for a man reported missing from his Mount Nebo home.
    Robert Fauber, 57, was reported missing Tuesday.

Fauber is described as being 6 feet, 2 inches tall and weighing 185 pounds.

He has gray hair and is balding, sheriff's deputies said.

If you can help find Fauber, you are asked to call the sheriff's department at 304-472-1185 or the Upshur County Communications Center at 304-472-9550.

http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=81065
    Last edited by Cubby; 06-13-2010 at 02:00 PM.

I did a search of his name, but it looks like right now WBOY is the only network covering his story.

Praying he's found safe!

Lil bump! This case is new and time is of the essence. Searching for more details and msg'd my friend.

WHO SAW ROBERT FAUBER?

Who reported him missing? Who last saw him? Do they suspect foul play? Was he having financial problems? Where is his family? Did he live alone?

I'm his niece, any help finding him would be greatly appericated by his family.

He was last seen by a woman at the store close to his home on 6/3 @ 5pm. No one has heard from him since then.
    His daughter filed the missing person's report on Tuesday.

WBOY's site has been updated with pictures of my uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    Who reported him missing? Who last saw him? Do they suspect foul play? Was he having financial problems? Where is his family? Did he live alone?
    He lives with his dog, Buddy.
    Not sure about financial issues or foul play.

First of all, Welcome to WS GeminiGirl, I'm so sorry that you were brought to this site through this situation...

Does your uncle own a vehicle?
    If he does, has it been located?
    What about id or a cell phone?
    Is it common for your uncle to be out of touch for any period of time?
    A significant other? (maybe a non live in one since you said he lives with Buddy?)
    Has he ever gone away before, like maybe on a vacation without telling anyone?
    And if he has ever planned on going away for any period of time, does he usually make arrangements to have someone care for Buddy?

I don't mean to pry, and I'm not implying anything at all, I'm just trying to get a glimpse into your uncle's life and maybe some info so that we can get an idea about where to start looking. If you can't answer any of those questions, that's perfectly fine... It would just help to know so that we can get a feel about his habits... Again, Welcome to WS, and I hope your uncle comes home.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

He looks like someone I know, and I take him to be an easy going guy. It also looks like he has plenty of interests and could be on a trip if his car is missing, too. Does he have a computer, so someone could check his recent searches and email contacts? What conditions did they find at his home? Was Buddy left alone and hungry or is he also missing?

Quote Originally Posted by JLMcKenna83 View Post
    First of all, Welcome to WS GeminiGirl, I'm so sorry that you were brought to this site through this situation...

Does your uncle own a vehicle?
    If he does, has it been located?
    What about id or a cell phone?
    Is it common for your uncle to be out of touch for any period of time?
    A significant other? (maybe a non live in one since you said he lives with Buddy?)
    Has he ever gone away before, like maybe on a vacation without telling anyone?
    And if he has ever planned on going away for any period of time, does he usually make arrangements to have someone care for Buddy?

I don't mean to pry, and I'm not implying anything at all, I'm just trying to get a glimpse into your uncle's life and maybe some info so that we can get an idea about where to start looking. If you can't answer any of those questions, that's perfectly fine... It would just help to know so that we can get a feel about his habits... Again, Welcome to WS, and I hope your uncle comes home.
    Thank you for the welcome. It isn't a good thing that has brought me to the site but I am glad that someone had posted about him.

He does own a vehicle, it is still in his driveway, so he is on foot somewhere.
    All of his financial papers, title to the house and car, etc were on his kitchen table when my cousin got there. Also his cell phone was left at the house, and he has no computer.
    Last person to see him (I think) said that he was carrying Buddy. She is very old (13-15 at this point) so we are worried that she might have been sick or something as she usually never is carried. She is missing with him.
    It is common for him to be gone for a period of time with no contact during hunting season, but he ALWAYS lets someone know he's going hunting.
    He doesn't typically take vacations, and if he does its usually to one of the family's homes. Be it one of his brother or sister's or when his daughter was living out of state.

Thanks to everyone that has posted and is willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    He looks like someone I know, and I take him to be an easy going guy. It also looks like he has plenty of interests and could be on a trip if his car is missing, too. Does he have a computer, so someone could check his recent searches and email contacts? What conditions did they find at his home? Was Buddy left alone and hungry or is he also missing?
    He is an extremely easy going guy with a HUGE heart, he loves children and has always been someone I looked up to.
    He gave the little girls next door his canoe because they had fun playing in it. He just liked seeing people happy.

No computer, cell phone left at the house. My cousin got in it and called all the last numbers, no luck really. He didn't call anyone except family the last few weeks.
    Buddy's with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminigirl81 View Post
    Thank you for the welcome. It isn't a good thing that has brought me to the site but I am glad that someone had posted about him.

All of his financial papers, title to the house and car, etc were on his kitchen table when my cousin got there. Also his cell phone was left at the house
    , and he has no computer.
    Last person to see him (I think) said that he was carrying Buddy. She is very old (13-15 at this point) so we are worried that she might have been sick or something as she usually never is carried. She is missing with him.
    It is common for him to be gone for a period of time with no contact during hunting season, but he ALWAYS lets someone know he's going hunting.
    He doesn't typically take vacations, and if he does its usually to one of the family's homes. Be it one of his brother or sister's or when his daughter was living out of state.

Thanks to everyone that has posted and is willing to help.
    BBM
    AFAIK, people don't normally leave important papers that belong in a safe place on the kitchen table.

I can think of three scenarios myself, and I'm just thinking out loud, so just tossing out ideas.

1) It could mean someone forced him to get out everything and took whatever they wanted.
    2) He might have needed to take Buddy into the woods somewhere and tripped or fallen and couldn't get help.
    3) He literally laid everything out on the table and doesn't want to be found.

Do you know if he was lonely or ever mentioned having trouble sleeping, or other emotional issues? He might have tried hard to be happy and wasn't, and didn't want to break anyone's bubble. Knowing he would be losing Buddy might have made him feel devastated.

I'm very worried now, I hope he returns soon and you can tell him how much he's been missed.

Could it be possible, and I hate even writing this....

Could it be possible that (since you said the dog was quite old...) Buddy passed away and your uncle took her into the woods to bury her and maybe he fell? I only ask this because the same thing happened to my father when our German Shepard passed, My dad carried Sarge out into the woods toting a shovel strapped to his back and tripped over some roots and broke his leg.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

Pictures of Robert Fauber

Quote Originally Posted by Geminigirl81 View Post

All of his financial papers, title to the house and car, etc were on his kitchen table when my cousin got there. Also his cell phone was left at the house, and he has no computer.
    I have to agree with someone else here (grayjay) - those are not the types of papers people leave on a kitchen table. If he put them there himself that does not bode well for his state of mind.

If someone else put them there, and I hate to say this, they might have been looking for cash, found his important papers and took anything fungible (cash or other valuables).

In any event, that is not a good sign. I hope he is OK.

Please let us know if there are any updates Geminigirl81. This has not been mentioned, is your Uncle recently divorced or widowed? Or is there a significant other in his life? I see in the photo of him holding that precious little one, he is wearing a Vietnam T-Shirt. Is he a veteran?

Hope when I check back he has been found safe and sound!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast