644 users online (78 members and 566 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106279"]Part #5[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    Please continue here.

Part #1

Part #2

Part #3

Part #4

If you haven't read the rules or TOS lately, now might be a good time to do so. The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Once again, Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. We do not sleuth family until we are given a reason to do so. No one in this case has been named a POI. Further sleuthing, disparaging comments, and speculation about family involvement will not be tolerated. Anyone continuing to do so will be given a time out. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING.

It is easy to blame the family. And yes, it is important to look there. But at this point, LE has given us no reason to do so. So for now, get out of your "sleuthing comfort zone". There are dozens of other avenues to explore.

Also, we NEVER sleuth minors. You may link to Facebook pages, but do not post direct quotes. And only link to those directly involved in the case.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask. You can PM a moderator, or check the Threadiquette thread that is a sticky at the top of the forum. (Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community)

Please do not go off-topic. For example, we had an issue in the last thread with posters picking apart Kyron's science project, or the t-shirt he is wearing. That is off-topic unless you can directly tie it to his disappearance. Hope that's clear.

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Here's a pretty informative article about school absence procedures. What it tells me is that even if Skyline had used the automated reporting to parents, they still might not have been notified until it was too late.

There HAS to be a reason that Kyron's teacher wasn't concerned about his absence. She knew that he had been in class. Probably on any other day, say, if they had gone to lunch and then returned and he was not there, she would have been alarmed.

But why, on this day, was she not alarmed about him not being at his desk? That's part of the answer to this perplexing mystery, I think.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/j...cal-officials/

Live link to Good Morning Oregon.

http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

Although I really feel that this was a planned out scenario, what if someone overheard the stepmom telling the teacher about the appointment and knew if he was missing would prob. not throw up any red flags ?

Just a thought ....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

no new news? I was hoping to wake up this am and see anything posted.

Is it a fact that Kyron talked to a friend about an electricity science day project? Does anyone have a reference for this?

If I can please get this straight.He was seen at the south entrance at the school?Is that the front of the school?Why would he be at that entrance?I'm starting to believe he was waiting for someone.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Here's a pretty informative article about school absence procedures. What it tells me is that even if Skyline had used the automated reporting to parents, they still might not have been notified until it was too late.

There HAS to be a reason that Kyron's teacher wasn't concerned about his absence. She knew that he had been in class. Probably on any other day, say, if they had gone to lunch and then returned and he was not there, she would have been alarmed.

But why, on this day, was she not alarmed about him not being at his desk? That's part of the answer to this perplexing mystery, I think.

bbm Especially if his backpack was at his desk or cubby! Other kids would have seen his backpack at the cubby also.

Horman's parents have not yet spoken publicly, but are expected to release a statement later today.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyro...ry?id=10864503

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Missing child a wake-up call for local officialsClark County reacts to Portland case
    .By Howard Buck
    Columbian staff writer

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The numbing disappearance of Portland second-grader Kyron Horman on Friday no doubt sent a shudder through many Clark County school parents.

It also set off alarm bells for the area’s school safety officers.

Thankfully, the county’s largest three school districts already have security measures in place to thwart a possible repeat of whatever transpired at Skyline School, tucked into the hills west of Portland.

Safety officers reached on Tuesday say they’ve reviewed campus procedures and issued staff reminders, just in case. And leaders of two Battle Ground primary schools are pursuing one important policy change.

“That’s a very scary scenario for any school district,” said Scott Deutsch, safety and risk manager for Evergreen Public Schools. “My heart goes out to that family, and that school.”

Automated locking doors; surveillance cameras; prompt telephone calls to alert parents to pupil no-shows: The small, rural Skyline School lacked these modern amenities, Portland school officials said.

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post

Agreed - and its such a small school - his back-pack would have sat there (at is desk or in a back room in a coat area?) all day and no one was alarmed? Like you said there HAS to be a reason that Kyron's teacher(s) wasn't concerned about his absence..and I am assuming that he had more than one class/teacher so it would have been multiple teachers that were not concerned as well..
    By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
    George Carlin

I agree completely that we have seen all kinds of reactions from parents in different cases, who knows how I would react.

I just don't see the harm, in a statement saying we know he is out there please keep searching and thank you. I am not saying it is required at all, and if it can harm the investigation or search then I am completely missing how..(Not saying it isn't possible, just sometimes I dont think of all things when trying to figure it out).

Can anyone explain how a statement like that would harm the search for him..

Also I have seen people talking of the stepmom going to the gym since he has been missing? Did I misunderstand that, or is that what has been stated?
    Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Another child is saying this...I am taking it with a grain of salt as the time does not make sense...I believe the friend said Kyron went to look at it right before class started, when class was due to start at 10AM...so I am not sure about this. Children generally have no concept of time, IMO. Also I am really surprised and not thrilled that any parent allowed their child to speak to media when LE has not confirmed a word to the public about any sightings. Oh well, 15 minutes of fame and all that...JMO (meaning parent...not child.)

I have not seen the media source on this, just read about it on here, BTW.
    I can't find a reference for this, so it might just be rumor. (?)

I think at some point that the 'auto locking' doors and increased securtity won't stop someone from committing this kind of crime. As the old addage goes; "where there is a will, there is a way".

For the doors to be locked it would mean that they coudn't be opened from the outside, they would still have to open from the inside for fire safety. How do we know that Kyron didn't walk out that door to meet someone?

Another noon news conference has been scheduled by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, and KOIN Local 6 and koinlocal6.com will carry the conference live. http://www.koinlocal6.com/

You can also follow KOIN Local 6 on twitter http://twitter.com/koin_local_6, and executive producer Autumn Foster has been giving updates on the case on her twitter page http://twitter.com/AutumnFoster.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopula...jy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Last Update: 6:58 am

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast