1244 users online (232 members and 1012 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106279"]Part #5[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    Please continue here.

Part #1

Part #2

Part #3

Part #4

If you haven't read the rules or TOS lately, now might be a good time to do so. The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Once again, Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. We do not sleuth family until we are given a reason to do so. No one in this case has been named a POI. Further sleuthing, disparaging comments, and speculation about family involvement will not be tolerated. Anyone continuing to do so will be given a time out. THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING.

It is easy to blame the family. And yes, it is important to look there. But at this point, LE has given us no reason to do so. So for now, get out of your "sleuthing comfort zone". There are dozens of other avenues to explore.

Also, we NEVER sleuth minors. You may link to Facebook pages, but do not post direct quotes. And only link to those directly involved in the case.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask. You can PM a moderator, or check the Threadiquette thread that is a sticky at the top of the forum. (Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community)

Please do not go off-topic. For example, we had an issue in the last thread with posters picking apart Kyron's science project, or the t-shirt he is wearing. That is off-topic unless you can directly tie it to his disappearance. Hope that's clear.
    Reminder: if you have a tip, not matter how small you think it is, please call the tip line at 503-261-2847. If the tip line is answered by automated response, your tip will be heard!!! 503-261-2847
    Last edited by imamaze; 06-09-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added tip line phone number

continue here please
    previous thread:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106330"]OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    Okay, now you're sleuthin' ! The above is fascinating.

Let me think about it a little.

The first impression I have is that clearly, the family statement issued today was likely not written by the family. Secondly, the family has had legal counsel since early stages...IMO

...to be continued.
    Emma... here's what I think.

I think that the family backed out right before the conference today at noon, and that left the poor liaison guy to come up with a statement for them. The "family message" that he relayed is almost verbatim what Gates has been saying for almost a week now. What kinda made me wonder about it was when the liaison guy said, "This is from the family, in their own words." Odd.

I think that's why Gates was kinda flustered--almost agitated--at the noon presser.

He had settled down by the four presser and by then I think he actually thought that they had pulled it off (the "family" message).

Except for that intel email, I don't think that we've yet heard from Terri and Kaine.

Compare Kaine's email to what was read at the conference. Apples and oranges. What was read at the conference was a hastily constructed message that strongly resembled what Gates has been saying since Day 2.
    Last edited by pufnstuf; 06-09-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyH View Post
    Ok, so if he was dropped off at 8:45 who saw him at 8:15????
    I would think that the dad meant 'dropped off' as in parted ways. Even if I took my son to school and stayed for an hour or half-hour, I would still refer to it as having dropped him off at school. The father's email was short and to the point. His point seemed to be that they needed the info about his son out there- but not wanting people talking to the media. He did not want to send a two page email. Saying dropped off is easier than 'my wife drove him to school to attend the science fair. After taking pictures and looking at projects they parted ways in the hall at 8:45 or so'

In what vain did they mention the Kim and Boekhle cases in the presser? I appear to have missed that!
    RIP Tia Sharp
    RIP Mikaeel Kular
    RIP Gaia Pope

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sleuthy sleutherson
    What email?
    Post #867 last thread.

I posted an e-mail I found apparently by Kyron's Dad. Link to it

http://ackerlaw.com/blog

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Emma... here's what I think.

I think that the family backed out right before the conference today at noon, and that left the poor liaison guy to come up with a statement for them. The "family message" that he relayed is almost verbatim what Gates has been saying for almost a week now. What kinda made me wonder about it was when the liaison guy said, "This is from the family, in their own words." Odd.

I think that's why Gates was kinda flustered--almost agitated--at the noon presser.

He had settled down by the four presser and by then I think he (theactually thought that they had pulled it off "family" message).

Except for that intel email, I don't think that we've yet heard from Terri and Kaine.

Compare Kaine's email to what was read at the conference. Apples and oranges. What was read at the conference was a hastily constructed message that strongly resembled what Gates has been saying since Day 2.
    The two statements are completely incongruous.

I'm still thinking about it.

I'm now willing, just in case that e-mail is authentic, to look at Presser statement for code. I don't think they'd have thrown a presser statement "from the family" together at the last second. That presser statement is just totally weird. Especially considering the e-mail...

Caveat: not sure what we're looking at is the real thing. We'll be able to tell if it's removed from that website soon.

Please somebody take a screen shot of the email...I have to do dinner here.

With those two cases, it makes it sound as if LE was trying to point media in direction of Kyron being lost due to wandering off. I guess they showed one where people were saved and one where he was not.

IMO, they have not cleared anyone that I know of. I am not assuming anyone is claered unless LE says so, nor am I assuming anyone is a POI unless they say so. But of course, that only applies if this is a criminal investigation...

how can we confirm that is the dad's email?
    It's posted on a law firm's website.

Acker & Associates P.C. provides general legal services with an emphasis on business law, litigation/trials, and estate planning/administration
    I'm thinking Intel is a client.

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Post #867 last thread.

I posted an e-mail I found apparently by Kyron's Dad. Link to it

http://ackerlaw.com/blog
    Awesome find, Ruby.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    With those two cases, it makes it sound as if LE was trying to point media in direction of Kyron being lost due to wandering off. I guess they showed one where people were saved and one where he was not.

IMO, they have not cleared anyone that I know of. I am not assuming anyone is claered unless LE says so, nor am I assuming anyone is a POI unless they say so. But of course, that only applies if this is a criminal investigation...
    But why did they even mention those two cases at all? bit baffled by this!
    RIP Tia Sharp
    RIP Mikaeel Kular
    RIP Gaia Pope

I don't think that statement was written by the family either. The pronouns are all third person.

Why does this matter, you ask? I, for one, am a little disturbed that there are hundreds of people putting their own safety at risk to search for this little boy and the family can't even be bothered to personally say thank you and express a little appreciation? Not even once in 125 hours?

All I know is, my mama sure didn't raise me that way.

This may be out there, but since we have nothing else...

-We haven't really heard from Kyrons teachers, relative, family friends like we have in other cases, and we are 6 days in.

-The "Family Statement" is really just a statement on behalf of the family, I'm doubting they wrote it.

-The email from Kyron's dad to Intel specifically says not to speak to the media.

-2 PC's a day with no new info.

-----

Here is a theory: They know who has Kyron, or have been contacted by someone who says they have Kyron. They are hiding information about Kyron and don't want people talking about him in order to communicate with the abductor about Kyron himself. Listening to the family statement, there was an emotional break that almost separated the "resources out there to help. Please don’t stop." from the rest of the statement...almost like a plea to the abductor. Maybe he is threatening to harm the child because he thinks he has gotten in too deep? There was also a point in the statement where it was very clear that the focus needed to be kept on Kyron, not anything else. It reminded me a lot about telling your kidnapper information about yourself to humanize you to the perp. Specifically and the end the spokesperson didn't want the attention on the parents. Could it be that Kyron was taken by someone who hates the parents, and any sort of torment/anguish/emotion will lead the kidnapper to act out more? Almost as if the statement WAS for the kidnapper, as in "We are thinking about Kyron only, we don't care about the parents, this is about a little boy - not the people you hate"

I don't know if this post...
    Portland boy’s disappearance stirs memories of ’78 abduction
    Second-grader taken from West Gresham School was found, went on to become mother of two
    http://www.theoutlookonline.com/news...04789675353300
    snip
    In Stacie’s case, she was lured to a car by a stranger who met her in the hall at West Gresham as she was headed to the restroom. The man, tall and brown-haired, told her he had some things in his car and that the school principal said she could help.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalemon View Post
    In what vain did they mention the Kim and Boekhle cases in the presser? I appear to have missed that!
    In response to a question as to how it came about that Oregon coordinates search and rescue units from all over the state. He noted that in the Kim case, they came together and went over the way the searches were done, and what was lacking, etc. He mentioned the search for the child too, but he went missing before Kim.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast