646 users online (64 members and 582 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500

    OR - Man Stabs Another With Scissors On Subway, Nobody Calls Police

    In the middle of the afternoon passengers on a subway train in Philly watched in horror as one man plunged scissors into another man as the train headed to Broad and Oregon. Isn't that just freakin wonderful?

    Despite a large number of people who had been on the subway they all got off the next stop but not one person dialed 911. They hardly ever do here in Philly.

    Sheldon Mullings was arrested as he sought treatment at the hospital for a cut over his eye. This is how he was caught. Not by someone dialing cops. The victim is recovering in the hospital from stab wounds.



    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ho...cmpid=15585797

    Broad daylight.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    In the middle of the afternoon passengers on a subway train in Philly watched in horror as one man plunged scissors into another man as the train headed to Broad and Oregon. Isn't that just freakin wonderful?

    Despite a large number of people who had been on the subway they all got off the next stop but not one person dialed 911. They hardly ever do here in Philly.

    Sheldon Mullings was arrested as he sought treatment at the hospital for a cut over his eye. This is how he was caught. Not by someone dialing cops. The victim is recovering in the hospital from stab wounds.



    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ho...cmpid=15585797

    Broad daylight.
    and we call ourselves human beings
    YAP - I would bet you god is not pleased at all.
    Poor Guy - left helpless and obandoned. nice folks
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    and we call ourselves human beings
    Hey don't include me in there, songline.

    In all honesty I am certain I'd be at those doors waiting to be the first off that train, BUT I know I would call 911 when I got off. I'm not going to lie and say "Sure I'd have jumped in or called right in front of the stabby nutter", but I know I'd have at least called for help.

    It is true people say you nver know what you'll do unless confronted with such a horrible thing. However, I watched helplessly as an elderly lady got mugged by this hugamagantic guy. Instinct told me to run and help her. I was taught otherwise, but who would allow an elderly lady to lay there with a broken nose, and ribs and all busted up? I couldn't. I'll tell ya what though I was the only person went and helped her.

    I just think people are desensitized or something. That or plain fearing for their lives. Scissors!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Hey don't include me in there, songline.

    In all honesty I am certain I'd be at those doors waiting to be the first off that train, BUT I know I would call 911 when I got off. I'm not going to lie and say "Sure I'd have jumped in or called right in front of the stabby nutter", but I know I'd have at least called for help.

    It is true people say you nver know what you'll do unless confronted with such a horrible thing. However, I watched helplessly as an elderly lady got mugged by this hugamagantic guy. Instinct told me to run and help her. I was taught otherwise, but who would allow an elderly lady to lay there with a broken nose, and ribs and all busted up? I couldn't. I'll tell ya what though I was the only person went and helped her.

    I just think people are desensitized or something. That or plain fearing for their lives. Scissors!
    That is sad but true BBM
    But anyone can run while dialing 911 for God sake.
    I dont think they need to get killed too, I just think they cant just go ton as if it did not happen
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Hey don't include me in there, songline.

    In all honesty I am certain I'd be at those doors waiting to be the first off that train, BUT I know I would call 911 when I got off. I'm not going to lie and say "Sure I'd have jumped in or called right in front of the stabby nutter", but I know I'd have at least called for help.

    It is true people say you nver know what you'll do unless confronted with such a horrible thing. However, I watched helplessly as an elderly lady got mugged by this hugamagantic guy. Instinct told me to run and help her. I was taught otherwise, but who would allow an elderly lady to lay there with a broken nose, and ribs and all busted up? I couldn't. I'll tell ya what though I was the only person went and helped her.

    I just think people are desensitized or something. That or plain fearing for their lives. Scissors!
    I give you props for helping the old lady, i would have done the same as you!
    With this subway incident, maybe its that no snitch mentality or people are scared to get involved, it's weird how one person is gonna hold a whole car of people in fear.. it would only take one person to stand up against the attacker, and thus others would follow heed too.
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

    -J. Edgar Hoover

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    I give you props for helping the old lady, i would have done the same as you!
    With this subway incident, maybe its that no snitch mentality or people are scared to get involved, it's weird how one person is gonna hold a whole car of people in fear.. it would only take one person to stand up against the attacker, and thus others would follow heed too.
    Thanks MeoW. Trust me I am no heroic person. It was just instinct. Then I got mad because the poor lady was all worried she'd be in trouble by her DIL she went out of the house to food shop. What? You should be allowed to go anywhere you want.! Nice, nice lady.

    Yep, I think it is the no snitch rule came into play here. People figure maybe the two knew eachother? Had a fight? Who knows? I do know my DD takes that subway though.

    What is this world coming to?

  7. #7
    Zoe Bogart's Avatar
    Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fema Region VI
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Despite a large number of people who had been on the subway they all got off the next stop but not one person dialed 911. They hardly ever do here in Philly.

    I hate to say this but I'm not surprised. I've been doing a lot of Philadelphia research for the past two and a half years, and my encounters have left me shaking my head. The city is financially strapped, people are stressed, the place seems to be collapsing around them. It's quite tragic. Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love. Okay. It's more than that though. It saddens me anytime I have to work with people in the city offices.

    A person was stabbed and no one helped. People were probably caught up in their own problems to notice or care, afraid to get involved, or just thought the other guy would make the call.

    Truly sad.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.


    Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  8. #8
    Zoe Bogart's Avatar
    Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fema Region VI
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    it's weird how one person is gonna hold a whole car of people in fear.. it would only take one person to stand up against the attacker, and thus others would follow heed too.

    The September 11th plane crash in a Pennsylvania field is the perfect example of people standing up to their attackers and doing something, anything. They were incredible!
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.


    Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by aksleuth View Post
    I hate to say this but I'm not surprised. I've been doing a lot of Philadelphia research for the past two and a half years, and my encounters have left me shaking my head. The city is financially strapped, people are stressed, the place seems to be collapsing around them. It's quite tragic. Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love. Okay. It's more than that though. It saddens me anytime I have to work with people in the city offices.

    A person was stabbed and no one helped. People were probably caught up in their own problems to notice or care, afraid to get involved, or just thought the other guy would make the call.

    Truly sad.
    Wow that says alot from someone hailing from New Orleans.

    You actually got through to someone in our city offices? That's nothing short of a miracle.

    It's weird because I would have liked to say the same exact thing you said aksleuth. That and more, but being born and raised here I have to at least keep it tame. Enogh hate out there in this city.

    This city collapsed long ago. White flight didn't help any. I feel for the elderly citizens stuck here with absolutely no help. Out of this world taxes and a system that caters only to those "never hads". Our poor police officers are under seige. Mayor Nutter well his name serves him well.

    Can you imagine being so wrapped up in your own problems that when you see someone being stabbed you just go about your business? No, nobody I bet figured someone else would call. You just get used to it.

    On the up side we have a cassssina a coming so that should help. We do have such rich history. We have some of the most outstanding hospitals in the country. University Of Pennsylvania as well. Quite a decent school alright. Museums. Art. You name it. Still you get on a bus or subway and be prepared to get the he*l off in case of a scissors attack.

    City Of Sisterly Shove. BTW, I loved New Orleans.

    Oh and our transit operators behind their booths and bus drivers you'll get the same " I could give a flyin whoop" you get from city workers.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    501
    The other day, Trisha posted a link for pepper spray. Just think if everyone on that train had spray. I want to believe that if they had, they would have helped. (well, I can hope can't I?)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Brassband View Post
    The other day, Trisha posted a link for pepper spray. Just think if everyone on that train had spray. I want to believe that if they had, they would have helped. (well, I can hope can't I?)
    Bless your sweet little heart BB. You just hope away.

    No doubt half the people on the train had a firearm. The other half had some kind of weapon that would blow our pepper spray off the map.

    People have to get to work. They have to get to school. Oh and they have warrants out on them. They just commited a crime a few subway stops back. Talking to the cops ain't on their list of to-do's that day.

    Just messing with ya. Well, it's true, but I wish more people thought like you.



Similar Threads

  1. MA - Mother Stabs 2 yr. old Toddler with scissors
    By Tonia in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-23-2015, 09:08 PM
  2. NY - Swedish Police Breakup Subway fight
    By branwynbreeze in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2015, 02:16 PM
  3. CA - Police: Son stabs father, then saws off his own hands
    By Reader in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
  4. DC - Gunman wounds 2 police officers at Pentagon subway
    By Starry Night in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 06:21 PM
  5. Tired Of Elvis, Fan's Girlfriend Stabs Him With Scissors
    By MrsMush99 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 02:46 PM