Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 6

Thread 5

Please continue here. Also - please read this first post and abide by the rules.

Thread 4

Thread 3

Please continue here.

Thread 2

Translation Thread

Thanks,

Salem

Also, please remember there is to be NO name calling of ANYONE! No bashing of anyone, etc. If you don't know the rules, read the TOS.

Salem

Here is the deal:

No gossip or rumor

Clarify your opinions as such

LINK factual information. We are giving a bit of leeway FOR NOW because of the language barrier but generally MSM sources for facts is what we go with. Not blogs or opinion pieces.

Respect copyright. Copy 10% of the article and provide a link. Again,we a re giving a bit of leeway FOR NOW due to the language barrier. But that will tighten up again so may as well get used to it.

Sorry to sound so harsh but we have let the threads run so we could vent, compare notes, and generally get information out there on this unbelievable turn of events

But now it is time to get back to serious exchange of ideas and constructive discussion.

The name calling and pettiness has got to stop and will not be tolerated. IOW stop calling Joran- Urine and vanderslop . Good grief self edit and make sure your friends know the rule.

Thanks to everyone for working so hard here let's keep moving forward with good information.

ETA: Please alert on any post that violates etiquette or TOS. The moderators receive a direct link to that post and then the thread can move on without disruption. To report a post hit the little triangel in the upper right corner of the offending post. A text box will open up and you can tell us what is going on and we will do out best to act on it if we determine it is necessary.
It helps everyone when you alert, because there is nothing more frustrating than having a whole thread shut down because it has runamuck. When you alert for us we can find it see it and deal with it ASAP and keep things flowing.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Carolina Girl [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5284597#post5284597"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]

Sometimes I think he couldn't tell where NH is if he wanted too. If it is true that his father helped cover up the crime I would think that his father being a lawyer and JVDS only being 17 that he would have been wise just to handle it himself and and not even let the 17 yr old know what actually happened with NH's body. If his father had let JVDS know then he would have to worry that JVDS could break and drag him down with him.

I carried this over from previous thread. I agree that there is no point in asking JVS for location of NH's body - don't think he knows. I really think the confession in the van when he was smoking pot and secretly recorded was the closest to the truth. In that confession he says "a friend but not his father" basically took over after he called him after NH siezed and brought the body out to sea. Of course no one has friends (IMO) that would dispose of a body - none of my friends anyway - it was probably Paulus. Paulus knew his son was a blabber mouth and never told him any more. At the time though the fishermen huts were broken into and I believe it is quite possible she was "buried" in one of those. We have to remember that Paulus said "no body no crime". He wouldn't have said that if the body was on the island possibly to be found some day. I just don't think that JVS can tell us any more at this point.

I don't know if this has been posted, but Investigative Discovery channel is having a special on Natalie Holloway at 3 pm Central. (o/t but for those interested there is a special on Jaycee Dugard at 2 pm)

I am not convinced that he staged a rape. I think that there was an attempt of rape and she fought it and robbery was an afterthought before he took off.

Think about what a young man's thoughts were when a young attractive girl goes into a hotel room with him. I sure he thought this was part of the deal. IMO

IMO, it will be challenging to keep up with the ever changing stories regardless of the media source, simply due to the revolving stories put forth by the perp...

From an article published today...snipped>>

Van Der Sloot Told Chile Police Thief Killed Woman
Chilean Police: Van Der Sloot Initially Said Unidentified Intruder Killed Woman In Peru Hotel

In the version offered to Chilean investigators, Van der Sloot said he and Flores were surprised in the early morning by two robbers in an apparent assault.

"A man came out of the bathroom blocking the access door with a knife in his hand. On the bed was another man with a gun,"the Spanish-language report quotes him as saying. "The man with the knife said to be quiet, but Stephany began talking in a loud voice and he hit her in the face, making her nose bleed."

It also says Van der Sloot told Chilean agents that the previous day, he and Flores had been extorted by apparent police officers who demanded $4,000 and a wristwatch he brought from Thailand.

Chilean police told their Peruvian colleagues that the 22-year-old Dutchman responded in English to their questioning but refused to sign a declaration after learning he would be expelled to Peru.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/13/ap/latinamerica/main6577895.shtml

IMO, this is where the initial "stabbing" rumor probably started, from those who heard / read about the "alleged" robber with a knife. I also think this was the initial tip, from the perp himself, that led to determining robbery as a motive. My interpretation, from this article alone, is that JVDS was already trying to set up a robbery scenario in order to account for the missing items. His refusal to sign a declaration is very telling...IMO!

Well, JVDS...gonna have to be a little quicker on your feet in Peru...You're not in Kansas...errrr, I mean Aruba anymore...

I was impressed with x-ray he had to go thru.... I wish we could have seen more of the video.

Thanks so much. I'm a little confused though in the translation of "laundry and silo" inside the cell. :waitasec:

I did notice he said he was sick in the head and hadn't eaten for two days.

Maybe that was another translation snafu (headache?), but I rather think the way it's worded is correct.

In one image, we see that the Colombian hitman Ospina Alejandro Trujillo , the alleged murderer of Jewish businesswoman Myriam Fefer , enters the cell of Joran van der Sloot. Immediately, Trujillo Ospina was whisked away.

Thanks so much. I'm a little confused though in the translation of "laundry and silo" inside the cell. :waitasec:

I thought that the 'laundry' was a sink for washing up and the 'silo' was perhaps a hole in the floor or a bucket to use as a toilet...JMOO

My "limited spanish skills" says that the "laundry and silo" = sink for laundry and that he has a headache because he hasn't eaten for two days.

BUT...DON'T HOLD ME TO THAT...(LOL)

I could be wrong, like I said...my Spanish skills are certainly "limited"...LOL...(but I think I got this one right)

Thank you!

Welcome to your new home, buddy.

Can someone here translate what he was saying?

Thanks, Suzihawk. I was really thrilled when I found this website a few days ago with all the up-to-date info provided by the members. But, now that I've become totally addicted to 'the hunt', I'm not so sure this is a good thing...LOL!!

I'll put that video out on the translation thread.

Thank you!

Welcome to your new home, buddy.

Can someone here translate what he was saying?

It's very hard to understand with all the music over the voices, but here is what I think I heard

[Reporter must ask his name]
JPVS: Soy Joran Andreas Petrus Van der Sloot
(I am JPVS)

[I assume the reporter asks if he knows why he is there]
JPVS: Soy sospechoso de homicidio
(I'm a suspect of a homicide)

Reporter: Por que motivo lo hizo?
(Why did you do it)
JPVS: No sabes
(You don't know)

(My comment: he clearly used the tu form (you) here, but his spanish, although rather good is far from perfect. Maybe he was trying to say "I don't know", but maybe he meant exactly what he said.)

I think the reporter then asks him when he met her and he says something about a week, but I really can't hear that last exchange enough to say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie