CA CA - Wonderland Murders, Los Angeles, 1 July 1981

Nyla4

Reaction score
The Wonderland murders or "four on the four" murders is still technically unsolved and a cold case. For those of you who don't know the story a group of people known as the "Wonderland gang" who brought and sold drugs robbed drug kingpin Eddie Nash for over 1million dollars in cocaine, heroin, qualuddes, jewelry, and money on June 29, 1981 during a home invasion. They shortchanged John Holmes ,who set up the robbery and left a door unlocked so the robbers had easy entry into Eddie's home, and Tracy McCourt ,who was the look out driver, of most of the loot that was stolen. I can only imagine how livid they must have been.

*advertiser censored* star John Holmes set up the robbery and Eddie Nash easily figured out John Holmes had something to do with the robbery. He was caught by Nash's bodyguard ,Greg Diles, wearing one of Eddie's rings. Greg Diles, Nash's bodyguard brought Holmes over to Nash's house and Nash and Diles beat the information out of Holmes.

Holmes then went to the house on Wonderland ave. with Diles and other unnamed men on July 1, 1981. Holmes went to the door and got Barbara Richardson to open up the door. The naive 23 year old she thought she was opening up the door to a friend. After the door got opened up Holmes, Diles, and other unknown men forced their way inside and Ronald Launius, Billy Deverell, Joy Audrey Gold Miller, Susan Launius, and Barbara Richardson were beaten with pipes. Everyone was beaten to death except for Susan Launius. She was found the next day by construction workers who heard moaning and looked in. She has no memory or the attack or who the assailants were. I think it's disgusting and cowardly that they killed the women who weren't part of the robbery. Since Holmes was there he could have easily said, "No don't touch them. They didn't do anything against you or your boss". Plus Diles already had all the information on the home invasion. I guess they were murdered or beaten within an inch of their lives was so no one could be identified.

A member of the Wonderland gang David Lind who took part in the robbery/home invasion of Nash but escaped death because he was not at the Wonderland house at the time of the murders and went to the police and told them about the robbery and that Eddie Nash and Greg Diles must be the ones who murdered everyone.

The only evidence found was a bloody palm print from John Holmes over Ron Lanius's dead body. Holmes swore he didn't participate in the murder but was forced to watch everyone get beat at gunpoint. He refused to say who made him watch at gunpoint and who was doing the beating though. He was arrested for murder but was acquitted. I don't know what the jury was thinking. He would not name who had him at gunpoint or who committed the murders and even spent time in jail for contempt of court at one point to protect the identity of the other killers. Even on his deathbed (he died of AIDS related illness six years later) he still wouldn't tell what happened and who did the killings.

IMO Holmes was one of the murderers. He set up the robbery and then they shortchanged him on the profits. Allegedly Ron used to make fun of Holmes and put him down in front of people and didn't like him much. Obviously Greg Diles was another of the another of the murderers. Some think Diles brother took part. The only one's still alive is Eddie Nash and He will never tell. Susan Launius has gone into hiding, changed her name and has amnesia from the brutal beating.

I can't believe the jury acquitted John Holmes. What am I missing? I think he was a rotten human being. He set up the robbery, then set up the deaths and imo participated in the murders. He also had a 15 year old girlfriend that he would beat and pimp out when he needed money or got angry when his crack ran out. She also said he would rape her and I'm not calling her a liar at all but I always thought hard drug users could not function sexually. I guess he was one of the few that could. To me a 32 year old with a 15 year old girl makes his a pedophile besides a murderer. He also made two *advertiser censored* movies after he knew he had AIDS putting his costars at risk. IMO he was a monster.

Here is some info on the Wonderland Gang and the Wonderland murders.
Wonderland Gang
Wonderland Murders

Trivia: John Holmes's murder trial was the first trial where a videotape was entered into evidence.

I know the Wonderland gang weren't the best people in the world but no one deserves to be murdered especially the brutal way that they were. They deserve justice too and I hope that the truth will come out somehow one day.

The Wonderland murders or "four on the four" murders is still technically unsolved and a cold case. For those of you who don't know the story a group of people known as the "Wonderland gang" who brought and sold drugs robbed drug kingpin Eddie Nash for over 1million dollars in cocaine, heroin, qualuddes, jewelry, and money on June 29, 1981 during a home invasion. They shortchanged John Holmes ,who set up the robbery and left a door unlocked so the robbers had easy entry into Eddie's home, and Tracy McCourt ,who was the look out driver, of most of the loot that was stolen. I can only imagine how livid they must have been.

*advertiser censored* star John Holmes set up the robbery and Eddie Nash easily figured out John Holmes had something to do with the robbery. He was caught by Nash's bodyguard ,Greg Diles, wearing one of Eddie's rings. Greg Diles, Nash's bodyguard brought Holmes over to Nash's house and Nash and Diles beat the information out of Holmes.

Holmes then went to the house on Wonderland ave. with Diles and other unnamed men on July 1, 1981. Holmes went to the door and got Barbara Richardson to open up the door. The naive 23 year old she thought she was opening up the door to a friend. After the door got opened up Holmes, Diles, and other unknown men forced their way inside and Ronald Launius, Billy Deverell, Joy Audrey Gold Miller, Susan Launius, and Barbara Richardson were beaten with pipes. Everyone was beaten to death except for Susan Launius. She was found the next day by construction workers who heard moaning and looked in. She has no memory or the attack or who the assailants were. I think it's disgusting and cowardly that they killed the women who weren't part of the robbery. Since Holmes was there he could have easily said, "No don't touch them. They didn't do anything against you or your boss". Plus Diles already had all the information on the home invasion. I guess they were murdered or beaten within an inch of their lives was so no one could be identified.

A member of the Wonderland gang David Lind who took part in the robbery/home invasion of Nash but escaped death because he was not at the Wonderland house at the time of the murders and went to the police and told them about the robbery and that Eddie Nash and Greg Diles must be the ones who murdered everyone.

The only evidence found was a bloody palm print from John Holmes over Ron Lanius's dead body. Holmes swore he didn't participate in the murder but was forced to watch everyone get beat at gunpoint. He refused to say who made him watch at gunpoint and who was doing the beating though. He was arrested for murder but was acquitted. I don't know what the jury was thinking. He would not name who had him at gunpoint or who committed the murders and even spent time in jail for contempt of court at one point to protect the identity of the other killers. Even on his deathbed (he died of AIDS related illness six years later) he still wouldn't tell what happened and who did the killings.

IMO Holmes was one of the murderers. He set up the robbery and then they shortchanged him on the profits. Allegedly Ron used to make fun of Holmes and put him down in front of people and didn't like him much. Obviously Greg Diles was another of the another of the murderers. Some think Diles brother took part. The only one's still alive is Eddie Nash and He will never tell. Susan Launius has gone into hiding, changed her name and has amnesia from the brutal beating.

I can't believe the jury acquitted John Holmes. What am I missing? I think he was a rotten human being. He set up the robbery, then set up the deaths and imo participated in the murders. He also had a 15 year old girlfriend that he would beat and pimp out when he needed money or got angry when his crack ran out. She also said he would rape her and I'm not calling her a liar at all but I always thought hard drug users could not function sexually. I guess he was one of the few that could. To me a 32 year old with a 15 year old girl makes his a pedophile besides a murderer. He also made two *advertiser censored* movies after he knew he had AIDS putting his costars at risk. IMO he was a monster.

He is some info on the Wonderland Gang and the Wonderland murders.
Wonderland Gang
Wonderland Murders

Trivia: John Holmes's murder trial was the first trial where a videotape was entered into evidence.

I know the Wonderland gang weren't the best people in the world but no one deserves to be murdered especially the brutal way that they were. They deserve justice too and I hope that the truth will come out somehow one day.

very interesting case??????

This case has always bothered me. True, none of the people involved were upstanding citizens; however, that doesn't mean that their murders deserve to go unsolved.

I'm also surprised that Holmes was acquitted. I don't know if that would be the case today (although-look at Casey Anthony). So many lives destroyed in that case. One of the victims was a mother to two girls. This case is disturbing but interesting.

Interestingly, Holmes' girlfriend is now doing quite well, considering the hell she went through as a young person. She apparently remained close to Holmes' wife, who tried to help her. I believe she's written a book about her experiences. I know she had a website at one time or another (that's how I learned about what she's doing now). She was a consultant on the movie that came out about this case in the early 2000s.

This case has always bothered me. True, none of the people involved were upstanding citizens; however, that doesn't mean that their murders deserve to go unsolved.

I'm also surprised that Holmes was acquitted. I don't know if that would be the case today (although-look at Casey Anthony). So many lives destroyed in that case. One of the victims was a mother to two girls. This case is disturbing but interesting.

Interestingly, Holmes' girlfriend is now doing quite well, considering the hell she went through as a young person. She apparently remained close to Holmes' wife, who tried to help her. I believe she's written a book about her experiences. I know she had a website at one time or another (that's how I learned about what she's doing now). She was a consultant on the movie that came out about this case in the early 2000s.

Dawn Schiller's website is at http://www.dawn-schiller.com/. The book she wrote is The Road Through Wonderland: Surviving John Holmes. Crime Library also has a segment about the Wonderland murders http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/celebrity/john_holmes/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back