722 users online (133 members and 589 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Exclamation Iams Canned Cat Food Recalled

On June 9, Iams (a Proctor & Gamble company) recalled Iams ProActive Health canned Cat and Kitten Food, all varieties of 3 ounce and 5.5 ounce cans, with "09/2011" and "06/2012" date stamps on the bottom of the can. The recall applies to North America. The problem is a deficiency in vitamin B1 (Thiamine).

Cats who have been fed these foods exclusively should be watched for symptoms that include decreased appetite, vomiting, and possible dizziness. If your cat shows these symptoms, call or visit your veterinarian immediately.

Cats with a mixed diet - for example, who regularly get dry cat food, or another type of canned - are probably getting the vitamin from the other food. It's a good idea for cat owners to return recalled food anyway.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Thanks for this Dark Knight. My kitty was one of the kitties who got sick a few years ago from bad cat food, so I really appreciate you posting this information.

Shall tell all my kitty friends............my mom checks out her cat's food.......
    so many under USA names are products from China, Thailand.........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    This is awful. I hope cats don't die because of this.

in a world of my own
    Ya know, I have never liked Iams, but its a personal preference. I remember years ago , some people brought what looked like a starving kitten to our animal shelter and they brought a bag of Iams with it.Just an opinion though. Thanks Dark Knight.
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow