Iams Canned Cat Food Recalled

Dark Knight

Reaction score
On June 9, Iams (a Proctor & Gamble company) recalled Iams ProActive Health canned Cat and Kitten Food, all varieties of 3 ounce and 5.5 ounce cans, with "09/2011" and "06/2012" date stamps on the bottom of the can. The recall applies to North America. The problem is a deficiency in vitamin B1 (Thiamine).

Cats who have been fed these foods exclusively should be watched for symptoms that include decreased appetite, vomiting, and possible dizziness. If your cat shows these symptoms, call or visit your veterinarian immediately.

Cats with a mixed diet - for example, who regularly get dry cat food, or another type of canned - are probably getting the vitamin from the other food. It's a good idea for cat owners to return recalled food anyway.

http://www.avma.org/petfoodsafety/recalls/2010/iams_cat_food_100609.asp

Thanks for this Dark Knight. My kitty was one of the kitties who got sick a few years ago from bad cat food, so I really appreciate you posting this information.

Shall tell all my kitty friends............my mom checks out her cat's food.......
so many under USA names are products from China, Thailand.........

Ya know, I have never liked Iams, but its a personal preference. I remember years ago , some people brought what looked like a starving kitten to our animal shelter and they brought a bag of Iams with it.Just an opinion though. Thanks Dark Knight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back