1262 users online (205 members and 1057 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Exeter, HispFem 741UFCA, 15-28, pregnant, in orange grove, Mar'96

Here's a case that DoeNet just added a reconstruction and converted it from HotCase status.

The Doe Network:
    Case File 741UFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/741ufca.html

Sketch of Victim

Unidentified Hispanic / Native Female

* The victim was discovered on March 22, 1996 in Tulare County, California
    * Estimated Date of Death: Recent

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15-28 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 145 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. Pregnant.
    * Clothing: Dark green Levi's jeans; black bra. Jesse written in ink on right thigh.

Case History

On March 22, 1996 this unidentified female was discovered in an orange grove north of Exeter, California.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Tulare County Sheriff's Office
    Violent Crimes Unit
    Detective Ralph A. Diaz
    559-735-1898 / 800-808-0488
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
    96-4325

NCIC Number:
    U-927326382
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    Tulare County Sheriff's Office
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-06-2012 at 02:09 PM.

I keep a list of all pregnant MP's in Charley, and none of them are close.

However, this woman might be a decent possible if you consider that she might not have been known to be pregnant at the time that she disappeared.

Maria Teresa Palomares

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...res_maria.html

Her height and age are within range.

It does not say how many months pregnant this UID was, but MTP was reported missing four months before the UID was found.

She is from Exeter in the California Central Valley. The UID was found in Selma, about 40 miles from Exeter.

Her hair is about the same length.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-06-2012 at 02:08 PM.

merging this possible match.

I had Veronica's info in my "pregnant" file, but I can't find the article where this is stated...

The Doe Network:
    Case File 2075DFMX

Right: Composite

Verónica Munoz Andrade
    Missing since January 25, 1996 from Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 165 cm, 5'5"
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic Female. Brown eyes; black, waist long hair. Thin build, dark complexion.
    •Clothing: Blue trousers, black Metallica t-shirt, black belt, black leather boots.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Verónica was last seen in Juarez on January 25, 1996. She left her home and did not return.
    Her disappearance is suspected to be related to the serial-killings of women in Juarez.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Procuraduría General de Justicia
    53-46-01-00
    01-800-00-252-00

Agency Case Number: 581/EXT/2004

Source Information:
    Procuraduría General de Justicia
    Attached Images Attached Images

retouched photo

I touched up Veronica's picture a bit because the posted one is of such poor resolution.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by CarlK90245; 11-19-2014 at 03:25 PM.

This UID isn't in NamUs (actually, Tulare County doesn't have any unidentified persons in NamUs). I am guessing that, since the Doe Network lists Detective Ralph Diaz from the Tulare County Sheriff's Violent Crimes Unit as the contact person, that this young woman was murdered. Does anyone have any more information about her cause of death or the circumstances surrounding it?

According to the California Department of Justice Missing Persons Website, Maria Palomares is still missing --

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/det...=1819533200221

Also, how about Angela Arlene Robles? Her vital statics are close to the UID. The California DOJ lists her as a "Runaway Juvenile," maybe she ran away because she was pregnant?

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/det...=1999602600529
    Last edited by Ambercat; 02-24-2014 at 04:50 AM.

Abigail Esmeralda Reyes Jacobo looks like the drawing of Jane Doe. There is not a lot of information on her though.

i grew up in that area. it is mostly farm land and has a high immigrant worker population. it is very common for young girls to "run away" with their older boyfriends ESPECIALLY when pregnant. unfortunately, these older boyfriends usually choose younger girlfriends because they are more easily manipulated. this young girl could ahve been an immigrant, either run away or not, and never reported missing because A. parents were illegal and or B. she was not even a run away but her husband or boyfriend is the one who killed her AND back to A. (or parents are in Mexico)

I'm live in this area and I'd bet quite a bit that this girl is undocumented or the citizen daughter of undocumented immigrants. There's so many rural areas that have almost shanty towns of farm labor. A lot of farm laborers don't report because, as mentioned, fear of deportation, language barrier, or just flat out not knowing how to.

Quote Originally Posted by CCart View Post
    I'm live in this area and I'd bet quite a bit that this girl is undocumented or the citizen daughter of undocumented immigrants. There's so many rural areas that have almost shanty towns of farm labor. A lot of farm laborers don't report because, as mentioned, fear of deportation, language barrier, or just flat out not knowing how to.
    I grew-up around Merced and graduated from Hanford High, so I was just about to mention the possibility that she or her family were immigrants farm workers when I saw that I'd been beaten to it (twice over.) Whether here legally or not, there's a high mistrust of the police among the migrant workers. Then there's the fact that they migrate to wherever the harvest is. Her family may have moved on, think she was safe with a husband, boyfriend, before the body was discovered.

As I recall, March is closed to the end of the orange harvest and nowhere near cotton and some of the other crops in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by CCart View Post
    Are there any WS members in Mexico who might be able to share her profile with Mexico's Missing Person Info System? I can try but I'm not fluent in written Spanish. Believe it or not a lot of husbands make wives cut ties to their family, so they might have assumed she was dealing with that kind of spouse and not dead. She might have distant relatives still in the area who might have a better idea of where her family is from....my guess on her killer is her partner didn't want to be burdened with a woman and child and killed her before skipping town himself.