CA CA - Exeter, HispFem 741UFCA, 15-28, pregnant, in orange grove, Mar'96

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a case that DoeNet just added a reconstruction and converted it from HotCase status.

The Doe Network:
Case File 741UFCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/741ufca.html

2857990820045078242S600x600Q851_zps37d8b92e.jpg

Sketch of Victim

Unidentified Hispanic / Native Female

* The victim was discovered on March 22, 1996 in Tulare County, California
* Estimated Date of Death: Recent

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15-28 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 145 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. Pregnant.
* Clothing: Dark green Levi's jeans; black bra. Jesse written in ink on right thigh.

Case History

On March 22, 1996 this unidentified female was discovered in an orange grove north of Exeter, California.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Tulare County Sheriff's Office
Violent Crimes Unit
Detective Ralph A. Diaz
559-735-1898 / 800-808-0488
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
96-4325

NCIC Number:
U-927326382
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Tulare County Sheriff's Office

I keep a list of all pregnant MP's in Charley, and none of them are close.

However, this woman might be a decent possible if you consider that she might not have been known to be pregnant at the time that she disappeared.

Maria Teresa Palomares

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/palomares_maria.html

2857990820045078242S600x600Q851_zps37d8b92e.jpg
2968484220045078242S600x600Q851_zps15e678e3.jpg

Her height and age are within range.

It does not say how many months pregnant this UID was, but MTP was reported missing four months before the UID was found.

She is from Exeter in the California Central Valley. The UID was found in Selma, about 40 miles from Exeter.

Her hair is about the same length.

I had Veronica's info in my "pregnant" file, but I can't find the article where this is stated...

The Doe Network:
Case File 2075DFMX

Right: Composite

Verónica Munoz Andrade
Missing since January 25, 1996 from Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 165 cm, 5'5"
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic Female. Brown eyes; black, waist long hair. Thin build, dark complexion.
•Clothing: Blue trousers, black Metallica t-shirt, black belt, black leather boots.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Verónica was last seen in Juarez on January 25, 1996. She left her home and did not return.
Her disappearance is suspected to be related to the serial-killings of women in Juarez.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Procuraduría General de Justicia
53-46-01-00
01-800-00-252-00

Agency Case Number: 581/EXT/2004

Source Information:

Attachments

• 741UFCA.jpg
    741UFCA.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 55
  • VMAndrade1.jpg
    VMAndrade1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 57
I touched up Veronica's picture a bit because the posted one is of such poor resolution.

Attachments

• veronicaandrade.jpg
    veronicaandrade.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 96
This UID isn't in NamUs (actually, Tulare County doesn't have any unidentified persons in NamUs). I am guessing that, since the Doe Network lists Detective Ralph Diaz from the Tulare County Sheriff's Violent Crimes Unit as the contact person, that this young woman was murdered. Does anyone have any more information about her cause of death or the circumstances surrounding it?

According to the California Department of Justice Missing Persons Website, Maria Palomares is still missing --

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1819533200221

Also, how about Angela Arlene Robles? Her vital statics are close to the UID. The California DOJ lists her as a "Runaway Juvenile," maybe she ran away because she was pregnant?

image.aspx

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1999602600529

i grew up in that area. it is mostly farm land and has a high immigrant worker population. it is very common for young girls to "run away" with their older boyfriends ESPECIALLY when pregnant. unfortunately, these older boyfriends usually choose younger girlfriends because they are more easily manipulated. this young girl could ahve been an immigrant, either run away or not, and never reported missing because A. parents were illegal and or B. she was not even a run away but her husband or boyfriend is the one who killed her AND back to A. (or parents are in Mexico)

I'm live in this area and I'd bet quite a bit that this girl is undocumented or the citizen daughter of undocumented immigrants. There's so many rural areas that have almost shanty towns of farm labor. A lot of farm laborers don't report because, as mentioned, fear of deportation, language barrier, or just flat out not knowing how to.

I'm live in this area and I'd bet quite a bit that this girl is undocumented or the citizen daughter of undocumented immigrants. There's so many rural areas that have almost shanty towns of farm labor. A lot of farm laborers don't report because, as mentioned, fear of deportation, language barrier, or just flat out not knowing how to.

I grew-up around Merced and graduated from Hanford High, so I was just about to mention the possibility that she or her family were immigrants farm workers when I saw that I'd been beaten to it (twice over.) Whether here legally or not, there's a high mistrust of the police among the migrant workers. Then there's the fact that they migrate to wherever the harvest is. Her family may have moved on, think she was safe with a husband, boyfriend, before the body was discovered.

As I recall, March is closed to the end of the orange harvest and nowhere near cotton and some of the other crops in that area.

Are there any WS members in Mexico who might be able to share her profile with Mexico's Missing Person Info System? I can try but I'm not fluent in written Spanish. Believe it or not a lot of husbands make wives cut ties to their family, so they might have assumed she was dealing with that kind of spouse and not dead. She might have distant relatives still in the area who might have a better idea of where her family is from....my guess on her killer is her partner didn't want to be burdened with a woman and child and killed her before skipping town himself.

I had Veronica's info in my "pregnant" file, but I can't find the article where this is stated...

The Doe Network:
Case File 2075DFMX

Right: Composite

Verónica Munoz Andrade
Missing since January 25, 1996 from Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 165 cm, 5'5"
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic Female. Brown eyes; black, waist long hair. Thin build, dark complexion.
•Clothing: Blue trousers, black Metallica t-shirt, black belt, black leather boots.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Verónica was last seen in Juarez on January 25, 1996. She left her home and did not return.
Her disappearance is suspected to be related to the serial-killings of women in Juarez.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

53-46-01-00
01-800-00-252-00

Agency Case Number: 581/EXT/2004

Source Information:

They definitely look similar and the descriptions are similar...not sure how to submit international cases like Veronica's but did anyone submit?

This UID isn't in NamUs (actually, Tulare County doesn't have any unidentified persons in NamUs). I am guessing that, since the Doe Network lists Detective Ralph Diaz from the Tulare County Sheriff's Violent Crimes Unit as the contact person, that this young woman was murdered. Does anyone have any more information about her cause of death or the circumstances surrounding it?

According to the California Department of Justice Missing Persons Website, Maria Palomares is still missing --

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1819533200221

Also, how about Angela Arlene Robles? Her vital statics are close to the UID. The California DOJ lists her as a "Runaway Juvenile," maybe she ran away because she was pregnant?

image.aspx

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1999602600529

Think this could be a possibility, the descriptions sound similar -- did anyone submit?

I was also struck by the fact that they were both wearing black and green -- interesting coincidence. Angela was wearing a green and black jacket, black pants and a black shirt, while the UP was wearing green jeans and a black bra.

Assuming Jesse is most likely her husband / boyfriend (or ex). I suppose it could also be a son or other loved one but your thigh seems sort of a racy spot to put a tattoo like that, if it's not your partner.

Sure, the timeline is off, but this case reminds me a LOT of Wilson Chouest's victims.
Unidentified Person Case
Unidentified Person Case

This woman is clearly his 'type', a Hispanic female in the same age range. One of his known victims was also pregnant and may have been from Tulare county, where this victim was discovered. He also disposed of one of his victims in an almond orchard; same victim may have worked at an apple orchard but I'm not sure if she was suspected of being a migrant worker or not. Chouest wasn't arrested until this 2015, so he may have claimed more victims than the two confirmed victims.

Unidentified Person Case
#UP52928

Female, Hispanic / Latino
Date Found: March 22, 1996
Location Found: Exeter, California
Estimated Age Range: 18-28 Years

General Location: --Exeter, California
County: Tulare County
GPS Coordinates: --

Circumstances of Recovery: The deceased was found in an orange grove at Highway 198 and Road 196 in Exeter, CA on March 22, 1996. It was estimated she died March 21, 1996. She was pregnant.

Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains: --
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Physical Description

Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features

"Jesse" was written in ink on her right thigh.

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing
Dark green Levi jeans, black bra, white athletic socks.
On the Body

---------------------------

Still no mention anywhere of how far along in the pregnancy she was?

Assuming Jesse is most likely her husband / boyfriend (or ex). I suppose it could also be a son or other loved one but your thigh seems sort of a racy spot to put a tattoo like that, if it's not your partner.

It says written in ink -- does that mean it's a tat, or did she (or somebody) just write it there with a ballpoint pen or something?

If it's just in pen, that's the kind of thing high school girls do with the name of the guy they have a crush on and would seem to indicate she's toward the younger end of the range.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back