1256 users online (278 members and 978 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,070

    Was the press coverage fair to the ramseys?

    Yes




    no

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    high desert
    Posts
    1,796
    no, I dont think it was.


    RIP McStays

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,070
    No. No way.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    they got exactly what they asked for. they paraded pictures & video of a sexualized JonBenet, out for the world to see, & then wondered why people judged them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,070

    Keep looking, keep looking for somewhere to be,

    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    they got exactly what they asked for. they paraded pictures & video of a sexualized JonBenet, out for the world to see, & then wondered why people judged them.
    She was six years old. How did they sexualize her? They got what they deserved?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITEFANG View Post
    She was six years old. How did they sexualize her? They got what they deserved?
    my point exactly. she was 6 years old. bleached blond hair with black roots, adult hairstyles, red lipstick, tons of make-up, showgirl clothes...not appropriate for a 6 year old, & if people can't see that for what it is, oh well... & yes, they got what they asked for, from the media. THEY, the Ramseys, put that image of JonBenet out there, & most people called them on its inappropriateness. In the beginning, because of the pageants, clothes, make-up, etc...there was a pretty wide-spread belief, that a pervert had targeted JonBenet, because of those very things, & the Ramseys were left to defend & explain their child rearing decisions. & they didn't do a very convincing job of it.
    Last edited by dodie20; 06-15-2010 at 03:13 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    my point exactly. she was 6 years old. bleached blond hair with black roots, adult hairstyles, red lipstick, tons of make-up, showgirl clothes...not appropriate for a 6 year old, & if people can't see that for what it is, oh well... & yes, they got what they asked for, from the media. THEY, the Ramseys, put that image of JonBenet out there, & most people called them on its inappropriateness. In the beginning, because of the pageants, clothes, make-up, etc...there was a pretty wide-spread belief, that a pervert had targeted JonBenet, because of those very things, & the Ramseys were left to defend & explain their child rearing decisions. & they didn't do a very convincing job of it.
    Some people allow their children to go naked at the beach. I personally don't agree with that either.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    No,of course it wasn't.
    But this is how the media makes money,it's about the sensational headline.
    And in this case they got a lot of help,there were leaks,there were interests.
    BUT don't tell me the R's and their lawyers didn't know THAT when they went on CNN 5 days after the murder for example.They fought back using the same channels.It was a mistake IMO.Eventually the press would have calmed down,the public isn't interested in one side of a story.They wanna hear both.So if you decide to give it to them,claiming it's self defence (KNOWING that this is how the war starts) then I guess you have to accept the outcome.IMO
    The rice is already cooked...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Re JB's pageant videos and photo's.
    It wasn't the R's who published those but others making (dirty) money out of her death.


    But this is exactly what parents should have in mind when putting their children into pageants.LOTS of other people could take advantage of it in one way or another.

    This has nothing to do with this case but it's another example.So maybe my little girl enjoys being a beauty queen now that she's six,maybe it's fun for her.How do I know that she won't blame me later for exposing her like that.What if she becomes famous one day and all her baby pageant pics will be all over the news and she'll hate THAT and maybe it will also ruin her image/reputation.This is just an example,I don't have a six year old,just sayin'.
    The rice is already cooked...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    MR. WOOD: Well, he told me about what a

    6 forensic psychologist would bring to the table and he

    7 gave me a number of areas and I asked him would he

    8 also have been involved in a police strategy to bring

    9 public pressure on a given individual who was under

    10 suspicion.
    11 MR. MILLER: Given individual, it seems to

    12 me it's everybody, including Chris Wolf.

    13 MR. WOOD: I think that's why it's related

    14 to Chris Wolf.

    15 MR. MILLER: But not specifically to Chris

    16 Wolf.

    17 MR. WOOD: Well, the question of whether

    18 it should have been, if it existed, if the strategy

    19 existed and there is evidence that I have that it

    20 did --

    21 MR. MILLER: What strategy are we talking

    22 about?

    23 MR. WOOD: Why would it not -- a specific

    24 plan that involved Steven Pitt and others, including

    25 Bill Hagamaier of the FBI, that was developed around




    82



    1 a strategy to bring public pressure on individuals to

    2 either force them to cooperate or for other reasons

    3 I'll discuss later. Let me establish the first.

    4 Q (BY MR. WOOD) I'm right about the

    5 strategy, am I not, it existed, Steven Pitt was part

    6 of it and so was Bill Hagamaier of the FBI?

    7 MR. MILLER: I don't think you ought to

    8 answer that question. I don't think it's got

    9 anything specifically to do with Chris Wolf.

    10 MR. WOOD: I'm entitled to know whether or

    11 not there was such a strategy because we now have the

    12 chief acknowledging that in January of 1997 within a

    13 month of this child's murder, Chris Wolf, who was

    14 brought to the attention of the authorities by his

    15 then live-in girlfriend who was at least credible

    16 enough to bring this man in for questioning, who was

    17 totally or at least to the chief's recollection at

    18 least uncooperative on the question of giving an

    19 interview and submitting handwriting exemplars, I

    20 want to know whether he was part of the strategy that

    21 I have evidence existed about bringing public

    22 pressure on suspects or individuals under suspicion

    23 to try to get them to cooperate. I think it's

    24 absolutely related to Chris Wolf and I'm entitled to

    25 an answer, Bob.
    (no.it's not absolutley related to CW and Miller knows it,he's not falling into the trap, but thanks for indirectly making them admit this is the strategy they used with the R's )
    83



    1 MR. MILLER: I don't see how it's related

    2 to Chris Wolf. If you ask it in a specific reference

    3 to Chris Wolf, I think he can answer it.

    4 MR. WOOD: Why would it not be applicable

    5 to Chris Wolf and others?

    6 MR. MILLER: I don't know.

    7 MR. WOOD: That is what I'm trying to find

    8 out.

    9 MR. MILLER: Well, but I don't think that

    10 is purpose of this deposition. The purpose of this

    11 deposition is, as our agreement says, to talk about

    12 specifics as to Chris Wolf, not the rest of the

    13 world, not the other suspects, not your other

    14 clients.

    15 MR. WOOD: Don't imply that my other

    16 client, that Chris Wolf is a client.

    17 MR. MILLER: I think that's got to be a

    18 consideration.

    19 MR. WOOD: Here is the point. One of the

    20 issues in this case is whether or not Chris Wolf to

    21 this day was properly and thoroughly investigated by

    22 the Boulder Police Department.

    23 And one of the issues in this case is

    24 whether you understand that this lawsuit involves

    25 more than just the allegations of libel. The heart




    84



    1 of the allegations are based on the contention of

    2 Chris Wolf that Patsy Ramsey killed JonBent. That's

    3 part of the case as it relates to Chris Wolf.

    4 We believe there is a serious issue that

    5 still exists to this day about whether or not Chris

    6 Wolf based on a thorough investigation should have

    7 been excluded as being involved in the crime.

    8 Now, one of the areas that I'm trying to

    9 go into is whether or not when he was uncooperative

    10 in January of 1997, whether or not there was any

    11 efforts made to put pressure on him publicly in an

    12 effort to get him to cooperate.

    13 MR. MILLER: Well, ask that question.

    14 Q (BY MR. WOOD) Do you understand that

    15 question?

    16 A Repeat it --

    17 Q Sure. I want to know whether or not any

    18 efforts were made in 1997 through the media, use of

    19 the media, to bring pressure on Chris Wolf publicly

    20 in an effort to get him to cooperate with the

    21 investigation.

    22 A I can't answer prior to October of '97.

    23 Q You weren't --

    24 A After October '97, no.

    25 Q Was there a plan in effect for that to be




    85



    1 done for a particular individual or possibly any

    2 individuals who were under suspicion?

    3 MR. MILLER: I think that that's outside

    4 the purview of this deposition.

    5 MR. WOOD: Well, I think I'm entitled to

    6 know whether or not Steven Pitt and Bill Hagamaier

    7 and Mark Beckner and others, not you, you weren't

    8 there at the time, Eller, whether or not they had a

    9 strategy and a plan to use the media to bring

    10 pressure on individuals under suspicion in an effort

    11 to get them to cooperate. And I also have evidence

    12 that it was undertaken in an effort to get

    13 individuals to potentially confess.
    14 MR. MILLER: Well, he's answered --

    15 MR. WOOD: And I think the issue -- I

    16 think the issue of whether or not that existed and

    17 then the secondary question being, if it did, was it

    18 utilized with respect to a known uncooperative person

    19 under suspicion, Chris Wolf, is absolutely relevant

    20 and I'm entitled to an answer to it.

    21 MR. MILLER: He's answered that as to

    22 Chris Wolf.

    23 MR. WOOD: I'm asking him whether he was

    24 aware of the fact that that type of plan existed in

    25 1997.




    86



    1 MR. MILLER: Let me talk to him a minute.

    2 VIDEO TECHNICIAN: We're off the record at

    3 approximately 10:55 a.m.

    4 (Recess taken from 10:55 a.m. to 11:02

    5 a.m.)

    6 VIDEO TECHNICIAN: We're on the record at

    7 approximately 11:02 a.m.

    8 MR. WOOD: Let me say, Bob, to you, so

    9 that you understand. I mean, I'm trying to walk a

    10 line that is difficult because we're defending John

    11 and Patsy Ramsey in a civil charge of murder. I

    12 understand there is an ongoing investigation, at

    13 least one described as an ongoing investigation, I

    14 guess I would say an open investigation.

    15 That's why I tried to explain to you why I

    16 think this clearly relates to Chris Wolf and it's not

    17 just pulled out of the air to talk about other

    18 people, even though it might in fact relate to other

    19 individuals, including John and Patsy. So I want you

    20 to understand, I'm not trying to push the Chief or

    21 you here beyond the limits and that's why I tried to

    22 explain it. But I think you, and I hope you would,

    23 appreciate the difficult task that we have.

    24 And we -- I agreed to that request by you

    25 because I wanted to try to get the relevant questions




    87



    1 as we perceived them that would relate to the

    2 difficult case of defending the Wolf matter out to

    3 perhaps in a way that avoids having to fight with you

    4 all now about going further, which ultimately is

    5 still an issue in the case if we don't survive

    6 getting out of the case on summary judgment.

    7 MR. MILLER: Let me just say I appreciate

    8 what you say. It's difficult for you, it's also

    9 difficult for us. Because as you point out, there is

    10 an ongoing investigation, not just an open case.

    11 There is an active, ongoing criminal investigation.

    12 And I think where we are on this line of

    13 questioning is that you're impinging on that ongoing

    14 investigation. He has answered the question with

    15 specific reference to Chris Wolf and that's, I think,

    16 the line that we seek to draw here. And so I have

    17 advised the Chief that I do think that as it relates

    18 to everybody else in the world, including the

    19 Ramseys, does impinge on an ongoing investigation

    20 and, therefore, I have advised him that it should be

    21 privileged and he should not answer it.

    22 MR. WOOD: Okay. I don't want to be

    23 disrespectful to that instruction. I assume you are

    24 taking a law enforcement statement privilege?

    25 MR. MILLER: Yes.






    Wink,wink.
    The rice is already cooked...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,070

    The witch's promise is turning, so don't you wait up

    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    my point exactly. she was 6 years old. bleached blond hair with black roots, adult hairstyles, red lipstick, tons of make-up, showgirl clothes...not appropriate for a 6 year old, & if people can't see that for what it is, oh well... & yes, they got what they asked for, from the media. THEY, the Ramseys, put that image of JonBenet out there, & most people called them on its inappropriateness. In the beginning, because of the pageants, clothes, make-up, etc...there was a pretty wide-spread belief, that a pervert had targeted JonBenet, because of those very things, & the Ramseys were left to defend & explain their child rearing decisions. & they didn't do a very convincing job of it.

    Did she wear those outfits to school? Did you see "Annie" on Broadway? Or any Broadway production featuring kids? Joni was performing. If she was trying out for a part in a play, would you have more tolerance for the costumes and the bleached hair? They were not parading her. My daughter was a big green M & M for Halloween. It was a costume appropriate for that occasion. No chance the R's had an innocent, harmless take on beauty pageants?

    Each parent with a child enrolled in these kinds of pageants deserves what the R's got? Should there be laws banning such displays of child pornography? Should parents be arrested? I mean, if that's how you interpret this stuff?

    What about their child rearing decisions did they have to justify to anyone? Because there was a pretty widely held understanding of the pornographic nature of what they had subjected her to, they needed to satisfy everyone else that they were in fact good parents? Guilty until proven innocent?

    How about taking one's children, eight years old and younger, to the beach/pool/shore wearing bikini bathing suits? Perfectly acceptable?
    Last edited by WHITEFANG; 06-15-2010 at 11:24 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    I think the question of the media coverage they got is irrelevant, myself. It's not the media who decides whether or not to pursue a case.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITEFANG View Post
    No chance the R's had an innocent, harmless take on beauty pageants?
    No, I don't think so. And it all centers around Nedra.

    How about taking one's children, eight years old and younger, to the beach/pool/shore wearing bikini bathing suits? Perfectly acceptable?
    Come on, Fang. That's light-years apart from child beauty pageants. Everyone knows that.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,070

    for him, he's going to be late.

    SuperDave;5295364]No, I don't think so. And it all centers around Nedra.
    Nedra's to blame for Joni's pornographic escapades?

    Come on, Fang. That's light-years apart from child beauty pageants. Everyone knows that.
    Did Joni wear any beauty pageant clothing as revealing as a bikini?

    What does everyone know? Light years apart? What are you talking about?

    Did the R's willingly, knowingly submit their daughter to engage in porn through the influence of Nedra?

    Why shouldn't people, adults, be locked up for this?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITEFANG View Post
    Nedra's to blame for Joni's pornographic escapades?
    In a sense. She gave Patsy no choice in the matter of JB going into pageants. "JonBenet will do those pageants," she said.

    Did Joni wear any beauty pageant clothing as revealing as a bikini?
    That doesn't matter, Fang. It's the goal.

    What does everyone know? Light years apart? What are you talking about?
    I'm talking that everyone knows there's a big difference between a kid wearing a bathing suit for a day of fun and being put in the kind of outfits generally associated with Las Vegas showgirls specifically for the purpose of performing for ADULT judges using ADULT moves, usually to fulfill another adult's dusty dreams.

    Did the R's willingly, knowingly submit their daughter to engage in porn through the influence of Nedra?
    Don't go putting words in my mouth, Fang. Technically, it's not pornography. Far as I go, it's just this side of it, but no, I doubt that's how they thought of it. My point was that the impetus to put her into the pageants may not have been psychologically healthy.

    Why shouldn't people, adults, be locked up for this?
    I have often found myself asking that question.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. How I know the Ramseys did it....
    By calus_3 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-16-2015, 05:23 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 07:48 PM
  3. Ramseys on LKL
    By Jay78 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 10:46 PM
  4. Recent Front Page Article Re Ramseys in Detroit Free Press
    By Cherokee in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 07:24 PM