816 users online (170 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Nancy Rogers, 61, Hayward, 14 June 2010

Nancy goes to work at the post office at 1am, hours later co-workers notice her missing and LE is eventually called in. LE finds out the dumpster had been emptied hours before Nancy went missing. They search the landfill and find her around 8am. LE is calling this a homicide.

Hayward Postal Worker Found In Trash A Homicide

Police on Tuesday identified a body they found Monday at a San Leandro trash center as a Fremont woman and, after an autopsy, determined she had been a victim of a homicide.
    However, they are withholding any details about how she was killed to protect the investigation. They did not have any suspects as of Tuesday evening, police Lt. Chris Orrey said. More at link:

I wonder if she was a smoker who stepped outside for a smoke and got grabbed. Aren't there cameras at a post office? This story is weird. Co-worker goes "postal"?

My guess is the co-worker theory, but the "out for a smoke" could be how he got her outside.

Stepping outside for a smoke is a good theory. The suspect pool has to be small.

Hayward police released the finding in the death of 61-year-old Nancy Rogers on Tuesday following an autopsy. They would not say how she died. Meanwhile, Hillary Rickher, an inspector with the U.S. Postal Service, says investigators have identified some people of interest in the case.

Left Coast USA
    This is a good informative article from yesterday:

When I saw a report on this, early on, on TV, I think it said there were a total of only six people who worked that early morning shift in the particular location where she worked.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    how do six people not notice her missing for hours?

they were mail sorters right so I doubt she had an office with a closed door ...

omg what if she went to throw some garbage out & someone was hiding behind the dumpster?

so sad, she wasn't that far away from retirement (& furthermore I think it's disgusting that a 61 year old has to work at 1 a.m. but that's JMO)

RIP Nancy

OT, my husband works at the PO and since they do not have mandatory retirement, he works with men in their 80's who won't give up the job, due to the pay and relatively easy work, and the night shift pay premium too, so they prefer that.

From June 2012:

On the two-year anniversary of the violent death of a longtime U.S. Postal Service worker in Hayward, authorities today are asking for the public's help and offering a $100,000 reward for any information that might solve the case.