2010.06.15 JVM - Alleged Rug Fibers from Trunk of George's Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this. Mod's please move to the proper thread if this is something that has already been discussed.

:waitasec: Was this information ever released?

Last night on JVM it was said that fibers from a rug were found in George's car trunk. Maybe WHEELER meant to say Casey's trunk? Or since the car was not in Casey's name he said Georges name? It was also said the rug was found in the park. I wonder if a rug was found elsewhere? Remember Casey said that LE had not even found Caylee's clothe yet, then LP did that big search at Blanchard and there were other searches as well. Or maybe it was a rug that was wrapped with Caylee's remains. So..confused. Maybe I over looked this and this is not new information. I then started thinking about how Cindy did not want to turn over certain receipts to LE. What if she or someone in the Anthony family went out and bought a new rug, bedding to match the one in Caylee's room and other? What if that was the reason to hold back the receipts and if so, did LE ever find out what was bought?
I would assume that if items were bought and someone was withholding information from LE they would of been charged. But heck, with Cindy admitting she passed a card to Casey yesterday on the GMA show, the note that was passed at that 2010.05.10 -hearing by the paralegal, the one passed shown in the GMA thread from the Indigency Hearing March 18, 2010 -where Atty Lyon hands a folded-over note or envelope to Casey, which the male guard previously gave to Lyon, who knows what all is going on.

Here is the thing, the Anthony's and the defense IMO are very sneaky and have broken many rules and nobody is held accountable. I still can not believe that Cindy was not charged for giving the wrong tooth brush, washing the pants and so on...

I really would like to know if a rug was purchased and if Caylee was in fact wrapped around a rug before being dumped. Maybe that rug was found with Caylee remains and if so, I would assume it holds more clues. Let's just say that if Caylee had drowned in the pool there would of been chemicals from the pool, urine, and other on that rug?

If there is a thread regarding the alleged rug that was found with the remains please show me the way there, I completely missed this information.
TIA :blowkiss:

"Snip" http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/15/ijvm.01.html

Part of JVM transcript from June 15th show.

It has been two years of pure hell for George and Cindy Anthony. Two years since the day they last saw their baby granddaughter Caylee alive. Adding to their despair, the fact that their own daughter could face the death penalty for allegedly murdering Caylee if she`s convicted.

Now Cindy has raised eyebrows with a shocking claim about her bone-chilling 911 call. I`m sure you remember this. Cindy called cops a month after Caylee`s disappearance and she said, quote, "It smells like there`s been a body in the damn car", end quote.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes and remember these people have be co-signing Casey Anthony`s lies for years and they have been co-dependent on their daughter and they basically put up with anything. And, you know, it`s quite possible, probably -- I would say in my personal opinion that she`s lying again. And that she`s just throwing her family under the bus.

WHEELER: Right. Well, yes, they can do that. She`s obviously entitled to legal representation. But Jane, let me just go back just a quick second here. Regardless of what the parents said on "Good Morning America" --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Here is my big issue. Were Cindy and George in complete denial?

Got to go back to you, Rod Wheeler former D.C. homicide detective.
It doesn`t seem to be the way law enforcement works that if you lie to them about having a job they`re going to charge you with murder.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: <NOTE, THIS IS A TYPO, THIS IS WHAT WHEELER SAID NOT JVM)
Yes, you know, it`s unfortunate that Cindy feels that way. But I can understand that, her being the mother. But look at the facts. And that`s what I was going to say before the break. When you look at the affidavit in support of the arrest warrant which I have a copy of and you look at all the facts the cops have laid out -- and I`m talking direct evidence, not circumstantial. There is some circumstances as well. But there`s pages, Jane, and pages of direct evidence including the fact that the rug that the baby was wrapped in when she was found in the park, they actually have fibers from that same rug that was found in the truck of the vehicle that belonged to George.
Now, how they explained that, I don`t know. But let me tell you what, that`s direct evidence.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn4J8RqsLuo[/ame]

:waitasec: I would assume he is speaking of the affidavit of Casey Murder indictment from Oct 2008 when George testified? Did we ever get to read the full indictment?
And can the State hold back information until the trial and maybe that is why I have not read about these fibers that were found? Or maybe I just missed this..

WHEELER SAID: When you look at the affidavit in support of the arrest warrant which I have a copy of and you look at all the facts the cops have laid out -- and I`m talking direct evidence, not circumstantial.

There is some circumstances as well. But there`s pages and pages of direct evidence including the fact that the rug that the baby was wrapped in when she was found in the park, they actually have fibers from that same rug that was found in the truck of the vehicle that belonged to George.
Now, how they explained that, I don`t know. But let me tell you what, that`s direct evidence.

News to me, I have never heard it. How would a former homicide detective from DC be privy to that info? Maybe he meant the Winnie the Pooh blanket?

:waitasec: I would assume he is speaking of the affidavit of Casey Murder indictment from Oct 2008 when George testified? Did we ever get to read the full indictment?
And can the State hold back information until the trial and maybe that is why I have not read about these fibers that were found? Or maybe I just missed this..

WHEELER SAID: When you look at the affidavit in support of the arrest warrant which I have a copy of and you look at all the facts the cops have laid out -- and I`m talking direct evidence, not circumstantial.

There is some circumstances as well. But there`s pages and pages of direct evidence including the fact that the rug that the baby was wrapped in when she was found in the park, they actually have fibers from that same rug that was found in the truck of the vehicle that belonged to George.

Strange wording as Caylee was not found wrapped in a rug and she was not found in a park. Fibers from GA's "truck" (did he have a truck?) Either the "fibers" match the WTP blanket as suggested above . . . or maybe there are black wool fibers in GA's rig. I was wondering about one of those sheepskin seatbelt covers to protect the driver from seatbelt chafing on the neck or shoulder area . . . could someone in the A family have a black one of those that could explain the black wool fibers found on the duct tape from little Caylee's face.

Strange wording as Caylee was not found wrapped in a rug and she was not found in a park. Fibers from GA's "truck" (did he have a truck?) Either the "fibers" match the WTP blanket as suggested above . . . or maybe there are black wool fibers in GA's rig. I was wondering about one of those sheepskin seatbelt covers to protect the driver from seatbelt chafing on the neck or shoulder area . . . could someone in the A family have a black one of those that could explain the black wool fibers found on the duct tape from little Caylee's face.

BBM There is a picture of Caylee sitting in her carseat with black straps to hold her in. Could this be where the black fibers came from?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/caylee anthony/Karabrown26/CayleeAnthony2.jpg?o=225

He just doesn't know the facts at all. Hopefully, something will be said on the show to clarify the "mis-statement". :crazy:

I watched (thanks to DVR's) JVM and heard the same!!! I have been going back thru and perhaps "the rug" is part of info that has yet to be released? I am convinced and sure that the State has lots more evidence that has not been released. OT - I still think that the A's will be charged, but, not until after KC's trial is over. If charged now they will more than "lawyer up" and that will be the end of that. JMHO

I watched (thanks to DVR's) JVM and heard the same!!! I have been going back thru and perhaps "the rug" is part of info that has yet to be released? I am convinced and sure that the State has lots more evidence that has not been released. OT - I still think that the A's will be charged, but, not until after KC's trial is over. If charged now they will more than "lawyer up" and that will be the end of that. JMHO

:waitasec: How would the guy on the show know about evidence if it hasn't been released yet?

BBM There is a picture of Caylee sitting in her carseat with black straps to hold her in. Could this be where the black fibers came from?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/caylee anthony/Karabrown26/CayleeAnthony2.jpg?o=225

right idea but i doubt the "eddie bauer" carseat has black wool fibers - probably something more washable for a kids carseat. Here in the NW - people often get the sheepskin strap covers to wrap around the shoulder strap as they often will rub against someone's shoulder or neck. Not sure if they are as popular in FL or if they would have wool fibers in them. Just a thought . . .

I think the guy on the show just has no idea what he's talking about. Also, I have never understood this theory that the state has incriminating forensic evidence it is "holding back." Leaving aside the question of whether there would be any legal excuse for doing so without a court order (and there isn't any), what would be the strategic purpose? The only result would be that the state would not be able to use the evidence at trial because they failed to disclose it.

I think the guy on the show just has no idea what he's talking about. Also, I have never understood this theory that the state has incriminating forensic evidence it is "holding back." Leaving aside the question of whether there would be any legal excuse for doing so without a court order (and there isn't any), what would be the strategic purpose? The only result would be that the state would not be able to use the evidence at trial because they failed to disclose it.

I have been wondering this for quite some time. If the State must disclose all info, is there a time limit on when all of the discovery must be turned over to the defense (and the public)? I know there are things not released to the public or media (ie: pics of Caylee's skull w/duct tape attached, autopsy photos, etc). What are the limits on what must be released to the public and what can be held back - like the things listed above?

I have been wondering this for quite some time. If the State must disclose all info, is there a time limit on when all of the discovery must be turned over to the defense (and the public)? I know there are things not released to the public or media (ie: pics of Caylee's skull w/duct tape attached, autopsy photos, etc). What are the limits on what must be released to the public and what can be held back - like the things listed above?

There are time limits for disclosure to the defense. I believe there is an order in this case setting out the "really really final" dates for disclosure, but in the meantime disclosures are supposed to be made on an ongoing basis.

There is no requirement for automatic disclosure to the public. Someone must make a request. However, it appears in this case that certain media outlets have made an ongoing request for copies of all documents relating to the case. There is some possibility that the media requests are not as broad as we would like, but I have no idea how we would go about finding copies of those requests.

If something is being held back, we would know about it. There was a hearing about autopsy photos, and Judge S ruled they could not be released to the public, pursuant to a Florida law that specifically relates to photos of a deceased person. The same ruling explains why we get black boxes in the discovery instead of pictures of Caylee's hair--because the hair was part of a deceased person. There was also a hearing about the video of Casey learning of the discovery of Caylee's body. So we know about the video, and we know why it was withheld from the public. There were also court filings when the SA held back the jail letters for a period of time. The court filings didn't say exactly what was being held back, but we knew SOMETHING was being held back, and why, and how long it would be before it was released.

I don't recall a rug being found with the remains either. And she also wasn't found in a park.:waitasec: I wish people would get their facts straight before they go live on national television.

I don't recall a rug being found with the remains either. And she also wasn't found in a park.:waitasec: I wish people would get their facts straight before they go live on national television.

GMA thread from yesterday seems to have disappeared, but Cayleefan I wholeheartedly agree and do remember AZlawyer calling this one almost on the play-by-play the day of the interview: No rug, no park, check your facts, do not pass Go.

ETA: Post #124 on this now-closed thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106702&page=5

There are time limits for disclosure to the defense. I believe there is an order in this case setting out the "really really final" dates for disclosure, but in the meantime disclosures are supposed to be made on an ongoing basis.

There is no requirement for automatic disclosure to the public. Someone must make a request. However, it appears in this case that certain media outlets have made an ongoing request for copies of all documents relating to the case. There is some possibility that the media requests are not as broad as we would like, but I have no idea how we would go about finding copies of those requests.

If something is being held back, we would know about it. There was a hearing about autopsy photos, and Judge S ruled they could not be released to the public, pursuant to a Florida law that specifically relates to photos of a deceased person. The same ruling explains why we get black boxes in the discovery instead of pictures of Caylee's hair--because the hair was part of a deceased person. There was also a hearing about the video of Casey learning of the discovery of Caylee's body. So we know about the video, and we know why it was withheld from the public. There were also court filings when the SA held back the jail letters for a period of time. The court filings didn't say exactly what was being held back, but we knew SOMETHING was being held back, and why, and how long it would be before it was released.

I am looking for Mp and Jt interview. What do you suppose is up with that?

Arrest Warrant? Afidavid? That was in October of 08. IMO They didn't even find the body until December. IMO It should be noted that Jvm changed the subject immediatly after that. IMO

As I remember LE took what I call a throw rug from a doorway.It wasnt black,I think it was a shade of green and white.I'm trying to find it, its in doc drop,but I know its not black.Someone has their wires crossed.:innocent:

Thanks ynotdivein. It can be annoying when you wait to hear something new about this case, and then a person appears on a program and doesn't have the facts correct. Afterall, this case is ALL about the facts. Thanks again.:eek:

Originally posted by Nore...
As I remember LE took what I call a throw rug from a doorway.It wasnt black,I think it was a shade of green and white.I'm trying to find it, its in doc drop,but I know its not black.Someone has their wires crossed.

And Nore, I believe you are absolutely correct. I think it was a seafoam green colored rug that you are talking about.:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member