49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rs were clever

2 4.08%
  • Rs were lucky

47 95.92%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    I never did no how!!
    That's certainly how it seemed. I just wanted to set the record straight. That's all.

You'd say that no matter how it went.
    WRONG. If it had gone the other way, I would have been shocked.

OK, now I'm throwing the gauntlet down. We've got numbers to spare. Let's see what you got.
    Cyril Wecht has described this case as the perfect storm, where every single thing went just right for the Rs. He's not alone in that assertion. I happen to think it was a regular storm, and Boulder just had a really lousy boat.

First and foremost, they were lucky in that they had each other. Two suspects means no suspects. Each one gives the other built-in reasonable doubt.

Second comes the DA and all the problems there: the inexperience, the lack of will, the connections to defense attorneys, the general political bent of the city, undercutting their own witnesses, ad infinitum.

Then you have how the cops messed up the crime scene, PLUS the tendency of defense attorneys to put the state on trial. As the OJ Simpson case proved, there will be someone on a jury who doesn't like cops.

That's as good a place to start as any.
    Vae Victus! (May the conquered suffer!)
    Celerem vindictam manu! (Swift hand of vengeance!)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    That's certainly how it seemed. I just wanted to set the record straight. That's all.

Cyril Wecht has described this case as the perfect storm, where every single thing went just right for the Rs. He's not alone in that assertion. I happen to think it was a regular storm, and Boulder just had a really lousy boat.

First and foremost, they were lucky in that they had each other. Two suspects means no suspects. Each one gives the other built-in reasonable doubt.

Second comes the DA and all the problems there: the inexperience, the lack of will, the connections to defense attorneys, the general political bent of the city, undercutting their own witnesses, ad infinitum.

Then you have how the cops messed up the crime scene, PLUS the tendency of defense attorneys to put the state on trial. As the OJ Simpson case proved, there will be someone on a jury who doesn't like cops.

Remember the excruciating pain, that is the key. SD has it and the R's never had a clue. They sacrificed their daughter at the altar of SD's musings. It is called DUAL, SPONTANEOUS, INSTANTANEOUS DISSOCIATION. The first in recorded history. And how it pains him to know they experienced this psychological phenomenon, casting all their memories of their heinous acts into the sea of eternal forgetfulness. Oh the horror he's had to endure while destroying these lovely people! We can't possibly comprehend the tribulations he suffers every time he visits us with his presence and wisdom. We should be grateful for all he endures to enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEFANG View Post
    Remember the excruciating pain, that is the key. SD has it and the R's never had a clue. They sacrificed their daughter at the altar of SD's musings.
    Knock it off, Fang. It's not funny.

It is called DUAL, SPONTANEOUS, INSTANTANEOUS DISSOCIATION. The first in recorded history.
    YOU said that, not me.

And how it pains him to know they experienced this psychological phenomenon, casting all their memories of their heinous acts into the sea of eternal forgetfulness.
    Tried to, anyway. Why don't you go bother madeleine? She brought it up.

Oh the horror he's had to endure while destroying these lovely people!
    Don't give me that. I'm not destroying anyone. They don't need me for that.

We can't possibly comprehend the tribulations he suffers every time he visits us with his presence and wisdom. We should be grateful for all he endures to enlighten us.
    The only thing I'll say about that is that I'm sure there are people who are pleased to have me around.

Knock it off, Fang. It's not funny.

YOU said that, not me.

Tried to, anyway. Why don't you go bother madeleine? She brought it up.

Don't give me that. I'm not destroying anyone. They don't need me for that.

The only thing I'll say about that is that I'm sure there are people who are pleased to have me around.
    Don't be coy. Take responsibility. You have no evidence. You have nothing.

And just in case you don't know, it is not funny what you have said about these people without any evidence. THEY LOST THEIR CHILD.
    YOU ARE IN PAIN?
    Last edited by WHITEFANG; 06-22-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Ok, we've already got the cops and the DA. So I'll just add the suspect collusion in sixth place. Not that I think that this was lucky, I'd put it in the clever basket myself.

So far 100% reckon they're just lucky, no one has voted for clever. Let's see, can we make a list of their luck in order of importance? I'll start....

1. Incompetent Cops
    2. Corrupt DA
    3. Stupid Coroner
    4. Superhero Attorney(s)
    5. Useless Experts
    6. Suspect Collusion (lucky or clever??)
    Ok, still plenty more numbers left.

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEFANG View Post
    Don't be coy. Take responsibility.
    How's this: "history shall be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

You have no evidence. You have nothing.
    BS, I say to that!

And just in case you don't know, it is not funny what you have said about these people without any evidence.
    I wasn't trying to be funny. And as for "without any evidence," why don't you drop all the generalizations as give me some specifics.

THEY LOST THEIR CHILD.
    YOU ARE IN PAIN?
    It's not a competition.

Ok, we've already got the cops and the DA. So I'll just add the suspect collusion in sixth place. Not that I think that this was lucky, I'd put it in the clever basket myself.
    I think that deserves it own thread. Actually, there might already be one.

I'm a bit fuzzy as to what you mean by useless experts, though.

I'm a bit fuzzy as to what you mean by useless experts, though.
    Oh, well, remember you said that none of the bona fide experts would disagree with the 'chief' handwriting expert (can't remember his name), because of ethics. Some of the other 'experts' did not have recognised credentials and were tabloid hired (Miller for example).

Oh, well, remember you said that none of the bona fide experts would disagree with the 'chief' handwriting expert (can't remember his name), because of ethics. Some of the other 'experts' did not have recognised credentials and were tabloid hired (Miller for example).
    That's what I thought you meant. I had to be sure.

Well this is your thread. Why don't we just stick to one at a time.

SuperDave: I think it would be a long list after a while.
    06-21-2010 10:54 PM
    I'm still waiting for all the other reasons they were lucky that you reckoned would make a long list.

7. ??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MurriFlower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    I can't vote,If RDI,one was clever ,the other one was lucky.
    ITA Madeleine.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

13. The Following User Says Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:

Well this is your thread. Why don't we just stick to one at a time.
    Good idea.

I'm still waiting for all the other reasons they were lucky that you reckoned would make a long list.

7. ??
    Well, it seems fairly obvious, but "no witnesses" would be another.

8. Using a writing implement that distorts results.

Quote Originally Posted by murriflower View Post
    well this is your thread. Why don't we just stick to one at a time.

7. ??
    mf,
    ygg!

8. Using a writing implement that distorts results.
    7. No witnesses
    8. Using a pen that distorted writing (sharpie)
    9. ??

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast