1200 users online (220 members and 980 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What about those 3's?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree, and it is significant.

    3 8.33%
  • I agree, but it is just coincidence.

    10 27.78%
  • I disagree, 3's don't appear with remarkable frequency.

    23 63.89%

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 320
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299

    What about all these 3's?

    The number three (3) appears in the evidence items with an unusually high frequency. Do you agree? And is it significant or just coincidence?

    1. I agree, and it is significant.
    2. I agree, but it is just coincidence.
    3. I disagree, the number three (3) does not appear with an unusually high frequency.
    Last edited by Holdontoyourhat; 06-16-2010 at 09:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    3 pieces of paintbrush
    3 pages
    3 weapons
    3 perpetrators
    3 injuries
    3 loops in the 2nd ligature.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    35
    What are you implying...that the "killer" has an obsession with the number "three"?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,070

    can't vote

    don't know and don't believe it would have anything to do with anything.

    Can't vote or I would.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    35
    The number three is a common number that can occurs randomly. So many things are grouped and placed in threes or twos.

    Now, if the number 7 or 11 popped up, you would have something.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    3 pieces of paintbrush
    3 pages
    3 weapons
    3 perpetrators
    3 injuries
    3 loops in the 2nd ligature.
    3 words. This Is Crazy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    3 pieces of paintbrush
    3 pages
    3 weapons
    3 perpetrators
    3 injuries
    3 loops in the 2nd ligature.

    3 words. This Is Crazy.
    Amen.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    3 words. This Is Crazy.
    1. But
    2. Maybe
    3. Not.................

  9. #9
    1. Head bashed
    2. Strangled
    3. ???????

    Not shot, stabbed, neck broken, drowned.

    Maybe smothered? Pillow placed over her face before she was taken downstairs?? Does this explain why the pillow was displaced on the bed? Was this when the mark on her face was made?

    Why might she have been 'killed thrice"?? Does it have a basis is some ritual belief??

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Runnin' up that hill....
    Posts
    264
    I voted that the number 3 is significant.However, it's only significant when it occurs. I also accept that the number 3 is not necessarily that common in the case. I know this sounds paradoxical but that's my opinion.What I mean is that when something happens that has a strong reference to 3 it is significant. Likewise, when any number occurs it is also significant.

    However, I don't base this opinion on some pseudo-esoteric interpretation of the JonBenet case.It's just that human beings do things subconsciously which have meaning -- for example, the ransom note was 3 pages long. It wasn't 2 or even 1 pages long but 3. There was something in the authors mind that was only satisfied after 3 pages.

    I don't think it was some symbolic, ritualistic crime based on the number 3 however.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Let_Forever_Be View Post
    I voted that the number 3 is significant.However, it's only significant when it occurs. I also accept that the number 3 is not necessarily that common in the case. I know this sounds paradoxical but that's my opinion.What I mean is that when something happens that has a strong reference to 3 it is significant. Likewise, when any number occurs it is also significant.

    However, I don't base this opinion on some pseudo-esoteric interpretation of the JonBenet case.It's just that human beings do things subconsciously which have meaning -- for example, the ransom note was 3 pages long. It wasn't 2 or even 1 pages long but 3. There was something in the authors mind that was only satisfied after 3 pages.

    I don't think it was some symbolic, ritualistic crime based on the number 3 however.
    Actually it was 3 and a half, wasn't it? I have to look and see if the pics of it laid out are still on ACR.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Actually it was 3 and a half, wasn't it? I have to look and see if the pics of it laid out are still on ACR.
    Two and a half I believe, three pieces of paper though.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    3 pieces of paintbrush
    3 pages
    3 weapons
    3 perpetrators
    3 injuries
    3 loops in the 2nd ligature.
    3 times written 'she dies'.

  14. #14
    $118,000 divided by 3 (the writer of the RN plus the two gentlement watching over JBR) = $39,333.33333.......

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    170
    My God, this is so ridiculous.desperate to take focus off logical thinking.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast