632 users online (82 members and 550 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Officer Throws A Punch At Woman

Ok before I say anything else first let me say I did NOT listen to the audio tape...hubby is blasting his xbox game and at this point it would be impossible to hear...
    but this is my VISUAL opinion:
    He shouldn't have punched the lady, maybe pulled a taser or mace or something BUT I have been in a couple of fights myself and I know at that moment your adrenaline is pumping and you're acting on instinct, you're not really thinking about which move you're gonna pull next.
    Plus there were two of them and one of him...some people see women as the daintier sex but the truth is some of us can fight like a man.
    Lastly I hope this isn't gonna turn into a black/white thing...
    As soon as hubby goes to smoke I will listen to audio and see if it changes my mind.

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23920150/index.html

Ok just listened...this all started over JAYWALKING????!!!! Jeez....

I'm torn on this one.

Part of me thinks that we females, in our pursuit of equality, must take the good and the bad - meaning, we should expect to be treated equally with men when we do things like resist arrest. (This does NOT mean I support things like domestic abuse, etc.)

Also, those ladies seemed pretty strong.

On the other hand, this was not just a "woman," but a 17 year old - that is a mite young to be punched by cops.

And, seriously... Jay walking??? That was worth punching someone? Isn't that usually just a ticket?

Seems to me that if everyone had just remained calm, there would be nothing to discuss here. It's too bad that tempers flared on all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    I'm torn on this one.

Part of me thinks that we females, in our pursuit of equality, must take the good and the bad - meaning, we should expect to be treated equally with men when we do things like resist arrest. (This does NOT mean I support things like domestic abuse, etc.)

Also, those ladies seemed pretty strong.

On the other hand, this was not just a "woman," but a 17 year old - that is a mite young to be punched by cops.

And, seriously... Jay walking??? That was worth punching someone? Isn't that usually just a ticket?

Seems to me that if everyone had just remained calm, there would be nothing to discuss here. It's too bad that tempers flared on all sides.

I kind of agree with you...but I bet before things escalated he had NO idea she was only 17.
    And jay-walking to me would not be worth punching someone, but being attacked by 2 people (of either sex) would.

Cop hits girl in face punched her

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/caug...aylist=&page=1 A cop punched a girl in the face after she tried to free her friend. I think he should have just put her in handcuffs. My opinion of course.

I could care less! The idiot girl shoved the cop while he was attempting to subdue the other girl. Did you see the entire video? I think he exercised great restraint.

Rule #1 Don't assault a cop

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

He was the only cop there, and both girls refuse to do what he told them and were fighting him. The girl that got punched had hit and shoved him. He should have tasered her. Attacking a policeman like that instead of following orders can lead to bad situations. We can't have law and order with that kind of behaviour. The situation was getting out of hand and I blame it on the girls.

I saw this yesterday while walking though UIC medical center. Why didn't he taser the girl? I don't think punching her was called for.... but tasering her to the ground would have been.

Teenage punks. While he was wrong, these girls did provoke a response. This cop had two teenage punks trying to attack him from what I caught seeing this yesterday.

JMO
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I could care less! The idiot girl shoved the cop while he was attempting to subdue the other girl. Did you see the entire video? I think he exercised great restraint.

I did see the video and I'm not saying the girl was right. But the cop over reacted she pushed him harmless didn't pull a weapon or anything. I think he has anger issues to react the way he did. Glad to see they have him getting more training.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    He was the only cop there, and both girls refuse to do what he told them and were fighting him. The girl that got punched had hit and shoved him. He should have tasered her. Attacking a policeman like that instead of following orders can lead to bad situations. We can't have law and order with that kind of behaviour. The situation was getting out of hand and I blame it on the girls.

Great minds think alike. We were posting at almost the same time about tasering the two out of control teenage punks.

I think his initial reaction was just wrong....

JMO
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I agree completely. I can't believe the lack of respect these young children show. Somewhere along the line we forgot the spare the rod and spoil the child. No discipline and no clue how to act. I would have sent the whole bunch of them to juvenile detention until they learned some manners.

I do not believe this officer was in the wrong at all, she should have never laid a hand on him to begin with ....
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by laura08 View Post
    I did see the video and I'm not saying the girl was right. But the cop over reacted she pushed him harmless didn't pull a weapon or anything. I think he has anger issues to react the way he did. Glad to see they have him getting more training.

What I saw she did more than push him. She grabbed his arm and tried to engage him in a fight. She had NO business putting her hands on a police officer period.

While his intial reaction was wrong, both of these two teenage punks need some serious charges brought against them so then know it is NOT ok to gang up on and try to fight a single officer. I don't care if they are girls or not. I have seen some pretty strong females who can put up a good fight with a male. And let's not forget he was there alone with at least 2 females attacking him. (from what I saw).

JMO
    ~JMO~

Better description than mine. She clearly 'went after him' while he was attempting to subdue the other girl.

JMO
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    What I saw she did more than push him. She grabbed his arm and tried to engage him in a fight. She had NO business putting her hands on a police officer period.

While his intial reaction was wrong, both of these two teenage punks need some serious charges brought against them so then know it is NOT ok to gang up on and try to fight a single officer. I don't care if they are girls or not. I have seen some pretty strong females who can put up a good fight with a male. And let's not forget he was there alone with at least 2 females attacking him. (from what I saw).

JMO
    I am no way defending these girls, they were wrong to touch him I realize that. I think it could have been handled differently. And you are right some females can put up good fights I have seen that also. I think when the cop punched the girl it could have just escalated the problem, and caused more of a problem. I worked in the Juvenile Detention home and I have seen alot of hot head kids as the girls were in the video and I know some will do whatever they can to push your buttons and try having the authority. However punching isn't going to solve anything in that situation in my opinion. thats all. And I do agree they should face charges because they assaulted him 1st.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast