1142 users online (322 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 281

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,778

    Kyron Horman Q&A ***No Discussion***

    This thread is to leave a question or leave an answer to a non-opinion question.
    Where can i find?
    What was Kyron wearing?
    What time did school start?
    Questions that do not have more than one answer LOL.

    This is basically a reference thread so the posts should consist of
    questions
    answers

    and no discussion

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9
    I am wondering about why an Amber Alert wasn't issued yet? At first I thought it was because the case needed to be a criminal investigation, but now it is, and still no Amber Alert? One was recently issued in this case: http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/boy-...ry?id=10435839

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    Quote Originally Posted by bernie40 View Post
    I am wondering about why an Amber Alert wasn't issued yet? At first I thought it was because the case needed to be a criminal investigation, but now it is, and still no Amber Alert? One was recently issued in this case: http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/boy-...ry?id=10435839
    It doesn't fit the criteria:

    The AMBERAlert Plan is a critical missing child response program that utilizes the resources of law enforcement and media to notify the public when children are kidnapped. Statistics consistently show that time is our greatest adversary when a child is abducted.

    The AMBER Alert Plan is a voluntary partnership between law enforcement agencies and broadcasters to disseminate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child abduction cases.

    Law enforcement and broadcasters use the Emergency Alert System (EAS), formerly called the Emergency Broadcast System, to air a description of the missing child and suspected abductor. This is the same concept used during severe weather emergencies. The goal of the AMBER Alert is to promptly involve entire communities to assist in the search for and safe return of abducted children.

    Once law enforcement has been notified about an abducted child, they must first determine if the case meets the criteria for triggering an alert. Local and state programs establish specific criteria. Oregonīs criteria is listed below:

    • Law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted
    • The child is 17 years or younger*
    • The child may be in danger of serious bodily harm or death
    • There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspectīs vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.
    • The child's name and other critical data elements - including the child abduction (CA) and AMBER Alert (AA) flags will/have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.


    * This alert system is not to be used when a child runs away or involves a custodial situation.

  4. #4
    BetteDavisEyes's Avatar
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    16,795
    Does anyone know what vision problems Kyron had that required him to wear glasses? LE has made much of the glasses with photos of said eyewear, and Kyron appears in at least one photo that I recall not wearing his glasses. Perhaps he was swimming and wouldn't have worn glasses for this activity. In most circumstances, would it have been unusual for Kyron to be without his eyeglasses? If someone removed Kyron's glasses, would the boy have difficulty coping in an unusual environment?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    treehouse
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Does anyone know what vision problems Kyron had that required him to wear glasses? LE has made much of the glasses with photos of said eyewear, and Kyron appears in at least one photo that I recall not wearing his glasses. Perhaps he was swimming and wouldn't have worn glasses for this activity. In most circumstances, would it have been unusual for Kyron to be without his eyeglasses? If someone removed Kyron's glasses, would the boy have difficulty coping in an unusual environment?

    A friend of the family posted on one of the Kyron FB pages that Kyron needs the glasses to see. If he is not wearing them he won't be able to do much for himself, so take note of that if there is a sighting. Without glasses his vision is 70/50.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

    In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

    In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan










  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    A friend of the family posted on one of the Kyron FB pages that Kyron needs the glasses to see. If he is not wearing them he won't be able to do much for himself, so take note of that if there is a sighting. Without glasses his vision is 70/50.
    Please provide a link to the source.

    Thanks,
    BeanE
    Mod

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Does anyone know what vision problems Kyron had that required him to wear glasses? LE has made much of the glasses with photos of said eyewear, and Kyron appears in at least one photo that I recall not wearing his glasses. Perhaps he was swimming and wouldn't have worn glasses for this activity. In most circumstances, would it have been unusual for Kyron to be without his eyeglasses? If someone removed Kyron's glasses, would the boy have difficulty coping in an unusual environment?
    Just startied reading this thread and apologize if someone answered this later on, but the photo of Kyron both with and without his glasses was of him in the CSI shirt I thought. I wondered about that when I saw it on Nancy G one night. Perhaps they removed the glasses from the picture she took with a computer program, being that it was the most recent one, or maybe she had him take them off for the picture...but no...that doesn't make any sense. Could just be me. A stolen car crashed into my house last night about four AM and I am still rattled.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta PI View Post
    Just startied reading this thread and apologize if someone answered this later on, but the photo of Kyron both with and without his glasses was of him in the CSI shirt I thought. I wondered about that when I saw it on Nancy G one night. Perhaps they removed the glasses from the picture she took with a computer program, being that it was the most recent one, or maybe she had him take them off for the picture...but no...that doesn't make any sense. Could just be me. A stolen car crashed into my house last night about four AM and I am still rattled.
    The photo without the glasses was photoshopped (by LE?) and released to the media to show what he would look like without glasses. As an aid to identify him if seen. (OT--sorry to hear about your house!)
    Where's Kyron?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta PI View Post
    Just startied reading this thread and apologize if someone answered this later on, but the photo of Kyron both with and without his glasses was of him in the CSI shirt I thought. I wondered about that when I saw it on Nancy G one night. Perhaps they removed the glasses from the picture she took with a computer program, being that it was the most recent one, or maybe she had him take them off for the picture...but no...that doesn't make any sense. Could just be me. A stolen car crashed into my house last night about four AM and I am still rattled.
    that's awful! Glad you are okay!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    570
    Would anyone know if there is an old abandoned school (1950's) in the area?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    214
    1. where was the baby when SM and kyron went to school
    2. was kyron really supposed to be in the talent show
    3. if so why was his SAHM not planning to be there
    4. also if so, why hasn't that come up at all, ie teachers/students not saying "yeah he was supposed to be doing xyz in the talent show, but he wasn't there..."

    ETA i really really want these answers so i can rule out family

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,673
    from what I understand , the parents are the first to be looked at and the first to be cleared (if they can be)... if they can't be cleared, the "criminal investigation" would start with them.. (in order to be cleared)

    I need to know, is this how it works????

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaha View Post
    from what I understand , the parents are the first to be looked at and the first to be cleared (if they can be)... if they can't be cleared, the "criminal investigation" would start with them.. (in order to be cleared)

    I need to know, is this how it works????
    Yep. Investigations start from the inside and work their way out

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaha View Post
    from what I understand , the parents are the first to be looked at and the first to be cleared (if they can be)... if they can't be cleared, the "criminal investigation" would start with them.. (in order to be cleared)

    I need to know, is this how it works????
    Yes, but in almost all cases I've followed, LE won't officially "clear" anyone unless and until they know exactly who the perp is. As a result, we can't ever really read anything into the fact that LE has not stated publicly that a particular person has been cleared of any suspicion.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    Back to my earlier question post, does anyone know when LE would request the family members to take a polygraph to rule them out as suspects?

    If they work outward from the inner circle of Kyron, I'd think that's been already done. If so, why not inform the public in order to take the speculation off of SM?

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast