The last person to have seen Kyron

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
we know this person is not named. IMO, it is because they may hold the key and/or they could become villified in the media as a potential suspect.
Thoughts?

I'm curious why LE doesn't specify who last saw Kyron and where. Is that because it might taint others recollections?

Horman's Desk Mate Says Substitute Noticed Him Missing
Last Update: 6/09 11:30 pm

snip the first person to notice Kyron Horman was missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala.

snip Tanner says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.

snip Upon hearing the substitute teacher noticing that Kyron was not present in the classroom, Pumala says the regular teacher said Kyron had probably gone to get a drink of water or to use the bathroom.

snip Pumala's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked Pumala and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge. Fuhrur says she decided to allow her grandson talk snip

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...itute-Noticed-Him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

(Sheriff Dan) Staton personally called the FBI. He said the circumstances -- Kyron disappeared from school on a busy morning -- prompted him to ask for help from the feds. "I wanted them involved because the last time this child was seen was inside a school," he said. "This was not a child walking away from their home or getting lost in the woods. This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there. That was the last time the child was seen." http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

the topic in here is the last person to have seen Kyron.

I trust that LE has excellant reasons for not revealing the last person to see Kyron.

Is that to me? is my post off topic?

Sorry, I am not understanding.

Are we supposed to talk about SM last person to see Kyron? Or about the last time Kyron was seen?
LE has not named the last person to have seen Kyron is that right? IT is in the OP. am I behind?

I'm curious why LE doesn't specify who last saw Kyron and where. Is that because it might taint others recollections?

Possibly, especially dealing with kids. And I suspect if there hadn't been such a long period of time between when he was last seen and when it was determined he was indeed missing, they might have been able to release more details. As it is, anything they release could put the prosecution at risk IMO.

I don't think they have any idea who last saw Kyron, as well as many other things I don't think they (LE) have any idea about. I don't believe that a child's recall would be taken as the final say-so on something this vital to an investigation. I think they aren't saying because they can't say.

LE has not named the last person to have seen Kyron is that right? IT is in the OP. am I behind?

True, they haven't that I've read. That is why I think the last witness account we have been told about is important. And in that account Tanner says Kyron told him he was going to view the electrical visit. That would have been around the hour of 9am when the students met in their classrooms to form groups {Kyron's group had 6}.

I'll have to review links but think LE said he disappeared from inside the school. Maybe he wasn't seen again after he walked past his classroom and made the comment to Tanner. IMO and just sayin'

I have read that there was NO substitute teacher .......I am very curious to find out who the person was that did the head count?????? Also.... why did Mrs. Porter have to tell Tanner to calm down? Just seems odd, that Tanner would have been worried THAT EARLY ON.

I have read that there was NO substitute teacher .......I am very curious to find out who the person was that did the head count?????? Also.... why did Mrs. Porter have to tell Tanner to calm down? Just seems odd, that Tanner would have been worried THAT EARLY ON.
I don't think it's odd he was wondering where his friend was at. I think it's odd the teacher or whoever was responsible for Kyron didn't wonder.

Maybe whoever told Tanner to calm down....wanted things to be less noticed. That would be an answer to why THEY didn't check into Kyrons whereabouts. Just my opinion!

we know this person is not named. IMO, it is because they may hold the key and/or they could become villified in the media as a potential suspect.
Thoughts?

I think that's definitely a possibility. Other thoughts I have are that the last people to see Kyron are very likely children who can be easily influenced or have their memories tainted. Especially if they (or their caregivers) believe they hold KEY information.

I think there were probably lots of people who noticed Kyron at school that morning. Within 45-60 minutes he had to have been seen by dozens of people. That means there would be sightings of him every few minutes (if not more frequently than that). If the police were to say, "So and so was the last person to see him," maybe the person who saw him 30 seconds later will think they have nothing important to add.

Maybe whoever told Tanner to calm down....wanted things to be less noticed. That would be an answer to why THEY didn't check into Kyrons whereabouts. Just my opinion!

According to Tanner's account, it was the regular teacher telling the "sub" to calm down.

Mrs. Porter wasn't telling Tanner to calm down, she was telling the chaperone to calm down. The chaperone was upset that there were only five kids when there should have been six.

That is interesting about the teacher diminishing the concerns of the sub (or chaperone, whichever). If that is true, I am not sure what to make of that. It could be hinky. But, it could also be a power thing...with the teacher acting superior to the sub/chaperone and wanting to appear in control of her class in front of others. I mean, no teacher wants to appear like things are out of control or that she has lost track of one of her students. However, I do think she (or he) should have checked further into it and not just assumed that he was in the restroom, etc.

Unless the teacher is a complete nitwit--and I don't believe that she is--she would have become concerned about Kyron sometime during the day. When he did not return to the class from the bathroom or getting water, she would have looked for him. This is a school with only 300 children TOTAL.

LE has stated that a person saw Kyron at 9:00 and since they keep saying that and not much else, I guess I believe it.

If I was that person, I would not want my name out there as a potential witness to seeing something. Maybe the perp would think that I know more than I do. No thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back