1266 users online (251 members and 1015 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

House across the street from Horman's searched

Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    I don't see much being discussed about the neighbor's house that was searched. In the video below, the reporter says "Officer's searched a house right across the street from where the Horman's live".

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/me...t&navCatId=156

According to PortlandMaps (http://www.portlandmaps.com/) the Horman's live where the red dot is in my picture. The highlighted property is "right across the street". The home is owned by DG. He shows another address as his home address which is about 7 miles South of here. When I did a reverse addy search on this address, I get that same name. So my question is who lives here? Is this a rental? Is this house empty? I will keep looking.

http://www.portlandmaps.com/detail.c...&seg_id=100334
    Bringing this over from the general thread and re-attaching picture.

**CORRECTION** Onwers initials are DJ, not DG.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jules71; 06-16-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

What are the details about the house across the street? A family, a single person... any students at Skyline, any teens? And, are the Horman's friendly with them?

Is any of this known? tia

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    What are the details about the house across the street? A family, a single person... any students at Skyline, any teens? And, are the Horman's friendly with them?

Is any of this known? tia
    I don't think any of that is known at this time. I am going to dig a little and see what I can find out. There is only one male name showing as owner.

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

2 beds, 1 bath according to trulia.com. Approximately 1,376 square feet. The property was built in 1942. The assessors info shows it has an unfinished basement of 480 sq ft. Purchased 10/1/1990 (I think).

8/27/2002 there was a violation issued for "BUILT A NSFR W/O PERMITS".

Hi Jules, Do you have AND are you able to provide a street number? I'm having a difficult time finding any other property across the street from the Hormans other than #15900 and that doesn't match up with the owner's initials that you've posted... TIA!

When I do a reverse addy search on the owners other address, I show both DMJ (age 45-49) and I assume his spouse PLJ (age 40-44). So I am really thinking they do not live in this house across the street from the Horman's. I will try to find out if it is listed with a rental company.

Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    Hi Jules, Do you have AND are you able to provide a street number? I'm having a difficult time finding any other property across the street from the Hormans other than #15900 and that doesn't match up with the owner's initials that you've posted... TIA!
    Click the last link in my first post here and it will take you right to it. From there, you can click on the various different headings on the top right of that page to view different info.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    Click the last link in my first post here and it will take you right to it. From there, you can click on the various different headings on the top right of that page to view different info.
    Thank you Jules, I finally figured it out!

I see that there was a code violation in 2002 but I have no idea what the abbreviation stands for, anyone have any ideas? BUILT A NSFR W/O PERMITS - Thanks!

I see that there was a code violation in 2002 but I have no idea what the abbreviation stands for, anyone have any ideas? BUILT A NSFR W/O PERMITS - Thanks!
    This is a guess but possibly Not Safe For Rent, or considering the w/o permits tag, maybe Not Sanctioned For Rent.

Could the FR stand for family room? Maybe in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Frost View Post
    This is a guess but possibly Not Safe For Rent, or considering the w/o permits tag, maybe Not Sanctioned For Rent.
    I think they built a room or something they didn't get a permit for.

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    NSFR stands for New Single Family Residence
    I guess you can build homes out there without permits?

Here's the link:

http://www.portlandonline.com/bds/index.cfm?c=43259

I think - Non-Single-Family Residential Property

ETA: Found by googling "Assessor violation NSFR"

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    NSFR may stand for Non Single Family Residential. Perhaps he divided into a duplex without a permit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast