House across the street from Horman's searched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules71

Reaction score
I don't see much being discussed about the neighbor's house that was searched. In the video below, the reporter says "Officer's searched a house right across the street from where the Horman's live".

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/m...ideoId=16812@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=156

According to PortlandMaps (http://www.portlandmaps.com/) the Horman's live where the red dot is in my picture. The highlighted property is "right across the street". The home is owned by DG. He shows another address as his home address which is about 7 miles South of here. When I did a reverse addy search on this address, I get that same name. So my question is who lives here? Is this a rental? Is this house empty? I will keep looking.

http://www.portlandmaps.com/detail....=MULTNOMAH COUNTY&neighborhood=&seg_id=100334

Bringing this over from the general thread and re-attaching picture.

**CORRECTION** Onwers initials are DJ, not DG.

Attachments

• Horman Property.JPG
    Horman Property.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 58
What are the details about the house across the street? A family, a single person... any students at Skyline, any teens? And, are the Horman's friendly with them?

Is any of this known? tia

What are the details about the house across the street? A family, a single person... any students at Skyline, any teens? And, are the Horman's friendly with them?

Is any of this known? tia

I don't think any of that is known at this time. I am going to dig a little and see what I can find out. There is only one male name showing as owner.

2 beds, 1 bath according to trulia.com. Approximately 1,376 square feet. The property was built in 1942. The assessors info shows it has an unfinished basement of 480 sq ft. Purchased 10/1/1990 (I think).

8/27/2002 there was a violation issued for "BUILT A NSFR W/O PERMITS".

Hi Jules, Do you have AND are you able to provide a street number? I'm having a difficult time finding any other property across the street from the Hormans other than #15900 and that doesn't match up with the owner's initials that you've posted... TIA!

When I do a reverse addy search on the owners other address, I show both DMJ (age 45-49) and I assume his spouse PLJ (age 40-44). So I am really thinking they do not live in this house across the street from the Horman's. I will try to find out if it is listed with a rental company.

Hi Jules, Do you have AND are you able to provide a street number? I'm having a difficult time finding any other property across the street from the Hormans other than #15900 and that doesn't match up with the owner's initials that you've posted... TIA!

Click the last link in my first post here and it will take you right to it. From there, you can click on the various different headings on the top right of that page to view different info.

Click the last link in my first post here and it will take you right to it. From there, you can click on the various different headings on the top right of that page to view different info.

Thank you Jules, I finally figured it out! :crazy:

I see that there was a code violation in 2002 but I have no idea what the abbreviation stands for, anyone have any ideas? BUILT A NSFR W/O PERMITS - Thanks!

I see that there was a code violation in 2002 but I have no idea what the abbreviation stands for, anyone have any ideas? BUILT A NSFR W/O PERMITS - Thanks!

This is a guess but possibly Not Safe For Rent, or considering the w/o permits tag, maybe Not Sanctioned For Rent.

Could the FR stand for family room? Maybe in the basement.

This is a guess but possibly Not Safe For Rent, or considering the w/o permits tag, maybe Not Sanctioned For Rent.

I think they built a room or something they didn't get a permit for.

I think - Non-Single-Family Residential Property

ETA: Found by googling "Assessor violation NSFR"

NSFR may stand for Non Single Family Residential. Perhaps he divided into a duplex without a permit?

I found this listing for the house that we're discussing;

XXXXX NW Sheltered Nook RdPortland, OR 97231
Property type: Single Family
Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms: 1
Sqft: 1,700
Lot size: 187,587 sq ft / 4.31 acres
Year built: 1942
Parking type: --
Cooling system: --
Heating system: Wall
Fireplace: --
Days on Zillow: 517
Last sold: May 18 1994
MLS number:
Description
Charming older home with lots of windows on beautiful territorial view property with seasonal creek. Great for horses..

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15945-NW-Sheltered-Nook-Rd-Portland-OR-97231/53954942_zpid/

ETA: NO PIC AVAILABLE!

Bringing this over from the general thread and re-attaching picture.

**CORRECTION** Onwers initials are DJ, not DG.

Hi Jules, On your plat map it shows Sheltered Nook making the bend to go north.

The road that separates the Horman's property from this property on SN Rd, do you know the name of it? I don't see how the parcel with the red dot could have a Sheltered Nook address. Just curious. xox

Hi Jules, On your plat map it shows Sheltered Nook making the bend to go north.

The road that separates the Horman's property from this property on SN Rd, do you know the name of it? I don't see how the parcel with the red dot could have a Sheltered Nook address. Just curious. xox

Sheltered Nook goes East and West also, as well as that bend going North. Does that make any sense? So both the unmarked road and the road that bends North are SN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni